Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

New Toy

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 07:49 AM
DaveG55

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Toy

ORIGINAL: jikkuria

Yea, their cool. Sato and Toce make some mean sounding pipes. Sato makes some GP style pipes, and toce has some cool custom stuff. It's easy to modify your stock muffler(s) though, all you need is a drill, a rivet gun, and a little elbow grease. it took me and a friend about an hour to do both of mine, and that was working slowly.

Just drill out the rivets holding the rear cap on, and pull out the baffles. You can either metal tape the baffle at this point, you'll probably have to unwrap it, or just remove the whole thing for a slightly different sound. Then, just slide the cap back on, and pop rivet it together. I did mine for about $25, the cost of a rivet gun, and a box of 5/32 rivets.
Be careful and keep an eye on the pipes where they come from the cylinders to watch for color changes. Reducing the baffels or changing pipes will change the back pressure and that usually requires rejetting the carb
Old 08-24-2010, 08:13 AM
Lunchboxer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

His R1 is a 2005.. it is fuel injected.. so no re-jet needed.. although for optimal result, one should probably modify the curve a little bit via re-programming of the ECU.. but it probably runs okay as is.. unless you run a full on race exhaust..
Old 08-24-2010, 02:29 PM
iexion

I was reading something that said modern sportbikes that come from Japan are tuned to run lean to pass inspection (so even a stock bike can use some tuning). As for the mods you do to your bike, some systems (Fuel Management system) come pre mapped with the mod you installed i.e. powercommander comes plug and play for some slip-on/ exhaust systems/ air filters etc
Old 08-24-2010, 02:55 PM
Lunchboxer

iexion, you are right about most bikes leave the factory running lean.. that's not just for Japanese bikes.. same for European bikes too... Ducati, etc.
Old 08-30-2010, 12:32 AM
jikkuria

It's for sale at the moment, but if it doesn't sell, i'll take it to WFO motorsports, and get a custom tune put on it.
Old 08-30-2010, 12:33 AM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

Dude you just bought it. And you're selling it at the end of the year, which is, financially, the worst time to sell.

Why?
Old 08-30-2010, 06:09 AM
jikkuria

Yea, i'm not pushing the sale though. If it doesn't sell for the right number, it's a no go. I'm just going to build a bobber styled bike from a chassis up, go a little more old school.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:28 AM
Lunchboxer

Man, that's fast... for sale already?! [X(]

Hope you get most of your money back.. !!
Old 08-30-2010, 09:50 AM
buggyboy2010

to bad most street bikes lose value once bought!.. That's why ya needed a harley
Old 08-30-2010, 11:28 AM
iexion

ORIGINAL: buggyboy2010

to bad most street bikes lose value once bought!.. That's why ya needed a harley
Yeah because when you get bored fixing your RC stuff, you can try to figure out "NOW where is the Harley leaking from this time"

Harley's do retain alot of their value but me being in SOUTH DAKOTA You will see some owners say the bike's can be overated. I wish I had the money to find a New Buell [:-]
Old 08-30-2010, 12:16 PM
buggyboy2010

lol, I don't know about that... I and MANY other people I know own harleys and that leakage problem is NOT a issue.. And If I am not mistaken.. Buell in made by harley davidson?

Also: Honda CBR's are leakers to if Ya want to pick and choose.. :P

"

The Buell Motorcycle Company was an American motorcycle manufacturer based in East Troy, Wisconsin and founded by ex-Harley-Davidson engineer Erik Buell.<sup class="reference" id="cite_ref-0">[1]</sup> The company first partnered with Harley-Davidson in 1993, and became a wholly owned subsidiary of Harley by 2003.<sup class="reference" id="cite_ref-1">[2]</sup> On November 17, 2006, Buell announced that it had produced and shipped its 100,000th motorcycle.<sup class="reference" id="cite_ref-2">[3]</sup>

On October 15, 2009, Harley-Davidson announced the discontinuation of the Buell product line as part of its strategy to focus on the Harley-Davidson brand.<sup class="reference" id="cite_ref-3">[4]</sup><sup class="reference" id="cite_ref-Harley-Davidson.com_July_11_4-0">[5]</sup> The last motorcycle was produced on October 30, bringing the number manufactured to 136,923.<sup class="reference" id="cite_ref-5">[6]</sup>

In November 2009, Buell and Harley-Davidson announced the launch of Erik Buell Racing, an independent company run by Erik Buell which will produce race-only versions of the 1125R model.<sup class="reference" id="cite_ref-ebr_6-0">[7] "
</sup>

ORIGINAL: iexion

Yeah because when you get bored fixing your RC stuff, you can try to figure out "NOW where is the Harley leaking from this time"

Harley's do retain alot of their value but me being in SOUTH DAKOTA You will see some owners say the bike's can be overated. I wish I had the money to find a New Buell [:-]
Old 08-30-2010, 10:53 PM
jikkuria

I DON'T want a Harley. I want a v-twin powered Harley styled bike, but i don't want any of the HD badges on it. I may just keep the r1, and build the Bobber a little slower. It'll give me something to do during the winter.
Old 08-30-2010, 11:15 PM
buggyboy2010

LOL..made Me giggle..

I DON'T want a Harley. I want a v-twin powered Harley styled bike, but i don't want any of the HD badges on it. I may just keep the r1, and build the Bobber a little slower. It'll give me something to do during the winter.
Old 08-31-2010, 05:50 AM
tommygun32

Yea, i'm not pushing the sale though. If it doesn't sell for the right number, it's a no go. I'm just going to build a bobber styled bike from a chassis up, go a little more old school.
What are you asking for it if you don't mind?
Old 08-31-2010, 04:48 PM
iexion

lol, I don't know about that... I and MANY other people I know own harleys and that leakage problem is NOT a issue.. And If I am not mistaken.. Buell in made by harley davidson?

Also: Honda CBR's are leakers to if Ya want to pick and choose.. :P

''

The Buell Motorcycle Company was an American motorcycle manufacturer based in East Troy, Wisconsin and founded by ex-Harley-Davidson engineer Erik Buell.<sup class=''reference'' id=''cite_ref-0''>[1]</sup> The company first partnered with Harley-Davidson in 1993, and became a wholly owned subsidiary of Harley by 2003.<sup class=''reference'' id=''cite_ref-1''>[2]</sup> On November 17, 2006, Buell announced that it had produced and shipped its 100,000th motorcycle.<sup class=''reference'' id=''cite_ref-2''>[3]</sup>

On October 15, 2009, Harley-Davidson announced the discontinuation of the Buell product line as part of its strategy to focus on the Harley-Davidson brand.<sup class=''reference'' id=''cite_ref-3''>[4]</sup><sup class=''reference'' id=''cite_ref-Harley-Davidson.com_July_11_4-0''>[5]</sup> The last motorcycle was produced on October 30, bringing the number manufactured to 136,923.<sup class=''reference'' id=''cite_ref-5''>[6]</sup>

In November 2009, Buell and Harley-Davidson announced the launch of Erik Buell Racing, an independent company run by Erik Buell which will produce race-only versions of the 1125R model.<sup class=''reference'' id=''cite_ref-ebr_6-0''>[7] ''
</sup>

ORIGINAL: iexion

Yeah because when you get bored fixing your RC stuff, you can try to figure out ''NOW where is the Harley leaking from this time''

Im very aware of the Buell's closing... I live in the state where the Sturgis motorcycle rally take's place every year ( Harley's are the Main bike's people own in this state) Uhh its a lite joke
Old 08-31-2010, 10:58 PM
jikkuria

ORIGINAL: tommygun32

What are you asking for it if you don't mind?
I don't remember what it says on the Craigslist add, but i'd take around 5 for it. I'd rather trade it than sell it though.
Old 11-16-2010, 06:24 PM
jikkuria

Well, i finally sold the R1.

It was a little under two weeks ago, but i did get something in return. I got a 2006 ZX-14, with just over 4k miles. I know...it's a 139, power danger, yea yea yea. The power is alot more on this bike, but less aggressive than the R1, easier to control. Their factory detuned under 4.5k rpm, but i removed the secondary butterflies the other day, and my PC3 will be here tomorrow so the right map will be on it. It'l give it the low end you'd expect from a bike of it's size, it was a little disappointing at first. I'll post pics later if you guys want, don't have the camera at the moment.
Old 11-16-2010, 10:31 PM
iexion

oh ffs...[sm=tired.gif]
Old 11-16-2010, 11:48 PM
jikkuria

Yea, i figured something along those lines was coming my way. Oh well. In the 5-6 moths i had the R1, never had a wreck if that means anything.

Just a quick cell phone pic from earlier, but it'll do.

Old 11-17-2010, 01:59 PM
lee172

looks nice, though i'll be annoying and say it would look nicer in green though!
Old 11-17-2010, 04:34 PM
Ttam Says Blarg

Thats a big bike!
Old 11-17-2010, 08:08 PM
iexion

on2_n_on4 has a ZX14 if Im correct.
Im heading for either an '04+ 750 or '03+ 1K. Something on the lines of a busa or zx14 is (yes we've all heard it before) more for speed then corning, albeit it will have a much better resale value. None the less that thing is beastly. Cheers!
Old 11-17-2010, 08:34 PM
jikkuria

Just got the right map on the PC3, got it all installed, LOTS MORE TORQUE! It actually handles a lot better than had expected. I was nearing getting the knee down on the R1, had completely gotten rid of the chicken strips on the tires, and i feel comfortable on the zx in fast turns. It's not quite as nimble, but once it's in a turn, it's more stable. Very comforting, seems to soak up the little un-nerving bumps in the road.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:29 PM
iexion

My guess is since they we're never really intended to be on a track (busa & 14) they could make the design more geared towards being a little more "user friendly".

Did you get it dyno'd or just P&P?
It would be some good info to get a before and after PC3 view and post results[:-]
Old 11-19-2010, 01:25 AM
jikkuria

I'll get the dyno work done when i'm closer to finished with performance stuff. I still want to get a race filter, Brocks shortmeg/Alienhead, and some other little things. These stock mufflers are killing me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.