Community
Search
Notices
Exceed RC Support - Nitro Cars Discuss all Nitro Car Support for items purchased or will be purchasing at Exceed RC.

Air filter oil?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 07:58 PM
kewltewl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air filter oil?

Heya to all you nitro freaks.

Not sure if this is right area to post this question, but...is wd-40 or even Mystery oil(think it's just 3in1 oil) a good sub for air filter foam oil? Being as this is an expensive hobby trying to save money where I can is a necessity I can't afford to pass up(no pun intended). Also can either of those 2 items mentioned above replace after run oil? thanks.

Old 11-19-2010, 08:24 PM
1320Fastback

Default RE: Air filter oil?

You could use 3in1 for both but wouldnt use Wd-40. A cheaper alternative for filter oil is Maxima filter oil from your local motorcycle shop. A BIG can is less than $10.00
Old 11-20-2010, 05:48 PM
kewltewl

Cool

thanks for that bit of info. I haven't used the wd-40 yet, just the mystery oil so far. Somebody(an actual owner of a hobbyshop told me I could clean my dusty buggy with wd-40 and an air gun from air compressor) Now I told this person that my buggy got super dusty from running it on the gravel road in front of my house. Now my thinking is that if I used the wd, and even spraying it off with high pressure air, wouldn't it leave a film that would attract EVENMORE dust? What about a filmless brake cleaner? Again, just trying to save myself some moolah so I can get me's a 1/5 scaler(Redcat Rampage MT).
Old 11-22-2010, 12:57 PM
rjsdad

I use WD-40 and it workd just fine. You could even use it as after run oil...the "WD" stands for water displacement which will coat the piston and sleeve with the oil to prevent rust from forming on it. When using "WD" on the body you will want to make sure that you remove all of it off because it will allow dirt to stick into the hard to reach corners. As for the air cleaner I have not heard of it being used for that.