Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - Electric
Reload this Page >

need advise for rigger build

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - Electric For all your electric boating needs.

need advise for rigger build

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2010, 09:25 PM
1150ap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need advise for rigger build

Hello i have been boating for many years but always have done nitro. I have decided to try a electric rigger Problem is a that i have no knowledge of this electric thing but going to give it a try. I ordered the motor and esc out of the ul-1 today. I am going to make my own hull i have a great little nitro hull that works great so going to try that hull just a little lighter .
I do have a few question if you guys have any advise. One is the flew shaft is there any reason why a 3/16 flex shaft is not used ( like we run on nitro) seems like everyone runs the steped flex shaft.
Second i was thinking of running a 4c 5000mah single battery.

Thanks

Old 11-25-2010, 11:28 PM
HOTWATER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: need advise for rigger build

A .150 flexshaft is all you will need with that motor/esc combo. Also, what I think you mean is a 4S (4 cells in one pack) 5000's......That's perfect. Try to get a battery with at least 25C (35C would be better). Also, you may want to get rid of the deans jumper connectors....I just use the two (red and black) wires that come out of the ESC. Just clip the wires right at the Deans connectors and solder on some 5.5 bullet connectors. The battery: Red wire gets a female bullet connector and the black wire gets a male....just the opposite for the ESC: Red wire gets a male and the black wire gets a female....You won't need to change the motor wires (blue, yellow and red)...those connectors work just fine.

Hope that helps you out some....