Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > ARF or RTF
Reload this Page >

Nitroplanes Shipped Junk Seniorita

Community
Search
Notices
ARF or RTF Discuss ARF (Almost Ready to Fly) radio control airplanes here.

Nitroplanes Shipped Junk Seniorita

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 08:19 PM
noveldoc
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nitroplanes Shipped Junk Seniorita

PayPal has approved my refund. Got a shipping label from Nitro and RMA form to send plane back UPS. I will send tracking # to PayPal and they credit my acct when they get delivery confirmation.

They really do stand by folks in cases like this.

Tom
Old 11-24-2010, 10:19 AM
BEAR-AvHistory

ORIGINAL: Oberst

I've seen it done about 3 times out of 8 years of flying. The first 2 times I've seen it- they had to try hard. ( Deadsticks in tall grass)

And the last time I seen it, another person didn't use enough epoxy and the landing gear ripped out even though he had the smoothest landing I've seen in years. That one I would call ''Builder Error.''

But you are right, it's rare. With most ARF aircraft, if I don't build supports or add glue to the joints, I'm asking for it later on. I forgot to mention how bad some of the covering is on most ARF planes. Seems to me they don't ever have enough overlap ether on the wing or fuse and I'm constantly ironing the wrinkles out because the covering wasn't applied right. Too much heat and it pulls right off the edges exposing the balsa. [:@]

Hi Bear!

Pete
Hi Pete, how's it going?

Think I saw you in the H9 Camel thread. Mine is just about good to go. It will be my biggest tail dragger without a tail wheel & I intend to put in a HH Gyro for the rudder. Been experimenting with the gyro in a Sr. Telemaster with good results. All my other WWI planes are little guys with the biggest being a 42" Albatross.

Regards,

Kevin
Old 11-24-2010, 06:07 PM
noveldoc

Just got a Tower Hobby order in via UPS. The top of the box was torn open.

The flight caddy was there but the Dremel adjustable chuck was missing; apparently fell out.

I e-mailed Tower order dept and got a reply back within half an hour saying the missing item would be mailed ASAP.

Difference in companies I guess.

Tom
Old 11-27-2010, 07:33 AM
Bill Diedrich

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Here is a link for you guys that want a USA made ARF, haven't ordered from
Jim as of yet but will likely getting one of his twins in the next month or 2.
Give him a call you might like one of the 3 planes that he has to offer.
www.aerocrafts.net/index.html
Old 11-27-2010, 10:44 AM
Oberst
Banned

ORIGINAL: BEAR-AvHistory

I've seen it done about 3 times out of 8 years of flying. The first 2 times I've seen it- they had to try hard. ( Deadsticks in tall grass)

And the last time I seen it, another person didn't use enough epoxy and the landing gear ripped out even though he had the smoothest landing I've seen in years. That one I would call ''Builder Error.''

But you are right, it's rare. With most ARF aircraft, if I don't build supports or add glue to the joints, I'm asking for it later on. I forgot to mention how bad some of the covering is on most ARF planes. Seems to me they don't ever have enough overlap ether on the wing or fuse and I'm constantly ironing the wrinkles out because the covering wasn't applied right. Too much heat and it pulls right off the edges exposing the balsa. [:@]

Hi Bear!

Pete
Hi Pete, how's it going?

Think I saw you in the H9 Camel thread. Mine is just about good to go. It will be my biggest tail dragger without a tail wheel & I intend to put in a HH Gyro for the rudder. Been experimenting with the gyro in a Sr. Telemaster with good results. All my other WWI planes are little guys with the biggest being a 42'' Albatross.

Regards,

Kevin

Things are going OK Bear, wife said hello.

You will do fine with your new WWI bird. I don't know much about Gyro's, however the Hanger 9 Fokker and Camel like a lot of rudder in the turns. I read the Camel likes the rudder even more.

With the Fokker I have to fly my plane until it stops. She will try to dip a wing and nose over so try not to go against a crosswind, they don't react well. Once you've touched down on the ground keep your stick back because they like to nose over. The Fokker DVII isn't bad, but my Fokker DR1 is just not pilot friendly at all on the landings.

Our birds have a lot of lift and a lot of drag. I had a prop fly off 2 years ago on my Fokker DVII. ( I didn't tighten the nut enough ) I was high enough where I could put the nose down to keep my speed up and get to my field when I " Dead Sticked " it in.

The fixed tail skid is fun, When I want to taxi straight I keep the stick back and when I want to make a turn, I ease off on the stick and pulse the throttle back and forth and coax the plane where I want it.

In my video's you can see how I operate my Fokker. In the last video towards the end, you can see the pilots head turn with my rudder.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RlgnW9D_CbI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OW5KDouwS3U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2eSHY4LEwQ

Nitroplanes once double charged my credit card. I had to call the BBB on them to return my money and cancel my order. When I called them they hardly knew any English, making me even more frustrated. Forgot to mention that in my original Post.

Sorry I got off track people, Bear and I go back a long way.

ORIGINAL: Bill Diedrich

Here is a link for you guys that want a USA made ARF, haven't ordered from
Jim as of yet but will likely getting one of his twins in the next month or 2.
Give him a call you might like one of the 3 planes that he has to offer.
www.aerocrafts.net/index.html

Not much selection, that's sad. But I guess any company that first starts out starts small.

For Kits- Balsa U.S.A and Proctor Models are both made in the United States.

Pete

Old 11-27-2010, 10:53 AM
noveldoc

Interesting. Appears he is making a profit charging $179 for a nice 40 sized low wing.

Checked the Sig web site and the difference between their kit price and the ARF price for the Seniorita is $130. I suspect some American company could set up a light manufacturing set up with some power tools and basic assembly jigs and make a profit there too. My son in law is a mechanical engineer and he said it would not be a big thing for him to set up an efficient assembly line system. Much better way to save money on labor than hiring an Asian guy and giving him 12 cents an hour and a bowl of rice.

I've wondered too about just building kits for folks for about $100 to $150 a pop depending on complexity. And giving several choices for custom covering. (Hire a laid off dress cutter and you could have near 0% waste on your covering material.)

I read the profits from cheap labor are not that much when you figure in importing raw materials, shipping and all that. Article said you save a bit over a quarter on a woman's dress from Wal-Mart or Target.

Now if the government would just stop giving all that money to bankers and big auto companies and encourage small manufacturing and the stores would go back to buy American. But such is the stuff dreams are made of.

Tom
Old 11-27-2010, 11:28 AM
Oberst
Banned

ORIGINAL: noveldoc

Interesting. Appears he is making a profit charging $179 for a nice 40 sized low wing.

Checked the Sig web site and the difference between their kit price and the ARF price for the Seniorita is $130. I suspect some American company could set up a light manufacturing set up with some power tools and basic assembly jigs and make a profit there too. My son in law is a mechanical engineer and he said it would not be a big thing for him to set up an efficient assembly line system. Much better way to save money on labor than hiring an Asian guy and giving him 12 cents an hour and a bowl of rice.

I've wondered too about just building kits for folks for about $100 to $150 a pop depending on complexity. And giving several choices for custom covering. (Hire a laid off dress cutter and you could have near 0% waste on your covering material.)

I read the profits from cheap labor are not that much when you figure in importing raw materials, shipping and all that. Article said you save a bit over a quarter on a woman's dress from Wal-Mart or Target.

Now if the government would just stop giving all that money to bankers and big auto companies and encourage small manufacturing and the stores would go back to buy American. But such is the stuff dreams are made of.

Tom

I agree. Now this is my opinion only!

If we keep the Unions out of it and make starting labor at $9.00 a hour, American ARF companies have a chance to stay alive and compete against China. The problem is we lack tax breaks for small business and it hurts them in the long run.

Pete

Old 11-27-2010, 11:55 AM
noveldoc

I read about a small manufacturer in CA who is making a decent profit making dresses. He pays his employees a decent wage with benes. He has automated everything he can.

He even has a computerized cutting matching. If you want to do a polka dot dress where the dots match, you feed the pattern into the computer and type in the size. The machine prints the cuts directly on the fabric so you get minimal waste and everything matches.

In other words you have less employees but you pay them more because they are more productive and do more complex jobs.

Son in law the engineer tells me this is very doable if (underline that) small business start ups can have access to affordable capital.

You would have to be careful also re: unions as you said and also to not get eaten alive by those workplace injury lawyers. Not that I expect our legislators to do anything about problems like this.

Frustrating.

Tom
Old 11-27-2010, 12:23 PM
jship
My Feedback: (4)

Would you be interested in runing for president?  I've allready reard enought to vote for You.

"I read the profits from cheap labor are not that much when you figure in importing raw materials, shipping and all that. Article said you save a bit over a quarter on a woman's dress from Wal-Mart or Target.

Tom "

Old 11-27-2010, 12:43 PM
Oberst
Banned

I read about a small manufacturer in CA who is making a decent profit making dresses. He pays his employees a decent wage with benes. He has automated everything he can.

He even has a computerized cutting matching. If you want to do a polka dot dress where the dots match, you feed the pattern into the computer and type in the size. The machine prints the cuts directly on the fabric so you get minimal waste and everything matches.

In other words you have less employees but you pay them more because they are more productive and do more complex jobs.

Son in law the engineer tells me this is very doable if (underline that) small business start ups can have access to affordable capital.

You would have to be careful also re: unions as you said and also to not get eaten alive by those workplace injury lawyers. Not that I expect our legislators to do anything about problems like this.

Frustrating.

Tom

I agree. I forgot about them "Ambulance Chaser's." I also agree with Tom. Not to sound like a " Doom and Gloom " sort of guy, but I'm afraid things are going to get worse before it gets better when it comes to our economy.

I feel that common sense is lacking in Washington DC. Mostly from one party more than the other, but both have been guilty in the past. The average small buisness earns just a little over 250k a year, so if not all are covered by this new tax plan, then I'm afraid small buisness will be shafted once again and it will even make it harder for us to recover.

I don't want to lead this Thread any further off track, sorry about that. But I feel it might be connected why we lack ARF companies in the United States.

Just a thought.

Ronald, I miss you!

Pete
Old 11-27-2010, 07:11 PM
noveldoc

President? Thanks but my favorite political office is curmudgeon. And I am not worth a flip at foreign policy because I can't see Russia from my house. I believe there is not an international problem the US could not solve with a 4 plane cell of B-52s. If that is too violent, just print up new US investment bonds and $100 bills and tell folks like the Saudis and Chinese we ain't gonna redeem the old ones from them unless they cut out their crap.

My domestic platform? First kill all the lawyers. We could introduce a hunting season to cull the herd. Gotta be fair here. You couldn't salt the field in front of your stand with money or tie out nekkid wimmen. But trolling with an ambulance and shooting out the back would be okay. Or if you want to see the problem ones kill themselves, just eliminate the contingency fee like the rest of the world.

Then kill all the lobbyists. This time you could salt the field with money or tie out nekkid wimmen. Automatic weapons okay here.

Maybe I am off topic but I can see the current unacknowledged depression affecting RC. This off shore manufacturing nonsense is a major issue and lots of younger folks just do not have the money to enter our hobby. Hell, some of the guys in my club are losing their jobs or businesses and dropping out.

We gotta get light manufacturing back though. The Chinese know this but we have forgotten. Manufacturing makes wealth and adds value so the economy can grow without living on borrowed money. Our present service economy just passes the same dollar bill back and forth.

Whew. I need to go flying tomorrow and clear my head. Before some tree hugger outlaws nitro fuel and LiPo batteries.

Tom
Old 11-27-2010, 08:48 PM
da Rock

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, we all need to go flying tomorrow, and maybe talk about something other than politics.

If I remember correctly, politics is one of the topic that RCU considers "better left unsaid".
Old 11-27-2010, 08:58 PM
noveldoc

True. Somewhere at flying fields all over the country there lie small pockets of sanity that should not be disturbed.

Ah, for the noise of a well tuned 4 banger. The smell of the castor. Looks like we will have a decent flying day tomorrow. 55 degrees, sunny and light winds at most.

Gofer it,

Tom
Old 11-27-2010, 09:42 PM
AirTech
My Feedback: (18)

Agreed. Hopefully they will send the missing parts and, if not, I can fake it to get plane in the air.

But my index of suspicion has gone way up.

And I am tight about only paying through PayPal. If Intro still screws up I will get my money back in 2 days. They have done that for me before.

I did get a very nice ARF out of Seagull models in Vietnam. Do not know if this is just luck or better quality control.

Sad we have none made in the US. The price difference for US labor is not as much as we think. We tend to automate these things so we get more done with less man hours. The cost of fuel for shipping is going way up and you may only be looking at a buck or less difference.

Let's say factory guys make 2 planes and hour with their dies and equipment. Cost for a US worker with pay, taxes and basic benes is $20 per hour, pay in China is less than a quarter. That comes out to a buck a plane more but that is before you factor in higher shipping and other things. But, then again, they'll just devalue their currency to win the bid.

Tom

Seagull Models makes some good stuff. With Seagull you might get a good ARF and another model can be bad. I had a Duel Ace that was really bad, but then I bought the Extra 260 .90 it was one of the best ARF aircraft I have ever built and flown. Goldberg is good, now owned by Great Planes. I've yet to own any Sig.

Hanger 9 and Great planes are a hit or miss as well. But Great Planes and Hanger 9 have excellent customer service. I heard ESM is fantastic in the quality department. I think I only read one bad review out of what... how many?

BUSA is very good if you build kits. The only bad thing about them is they can take forever getting to your orders. Arizona Models...LOL[sm=lol.gif]Stay away from them. Very bad customer service, and they don't like to answer phone orders and will only return your call, (If they return your call) 2 weeks after the fact- and sometimes they don't get to your order at all.

Flyboy models I'm to scared to deal with them. I think they are another name for CMP, plus you can't order spare parts. (That's a big warning sign for me) Kyosho is over priced for the quality. Black Horse and Global is a hit or miss. I personally don't like the quality and the prices are a little high.

These are my manufacture experiences with ARF aircraft.

BUSA is made in the United States, but they are only in the kit department. I agree that we have no ARF aircraft made in the United States, at least to my knowledge.

Pete
I haven't experience many problems with Great Planes and Horizon and when there were any problems they have been extremely courteous and fast in responding to my complaints. Both of these companies have honored their warranties with no questions asked promptly providing me with prepaid return shipping labels and quick turnaround time. Horizon Hobbies service department is so conscious of their customer satisfaction that they notify their customers of possible product defects and exchange them free of charge.

It's true that you get what you pay for, but with these companies you receive the added value of excellent customer service.
Old 11-27-2010, 09:49 PM
noveldoc

I had a very good service experience with Tower also.

I noted Nitro listed the Srita at $60 and now shows them out of stock. Guess they sold them off.

There is a guy on EBay that lists more than 10 at $120 shipped. I assume same Chinese origin.

Tom
Old 11-28-2010, 01:36 AM
NM2K
My Feedback: (14)

ORIGINAL: sonoffortunateson

I am just finishing my NP Seniorita, I ordered it back in July, I have been very pleased so far, the kit came complete, no missing parts, no damaged parts, everything fits together as called for. I am still new to airplanes and bought this one before I had read the reviews of NP. Just lucky I guess?

I have been buying from Nitro Planes for several years and have never encountered the slightest problem with their service or models. This is not to say that someone else couldn't have a problem. But, I have a lot of their models and have not encountered any difficulty, whatsoever. I hate to see a company being trashed without at least a little counterpoint, if it is truly deserved. To me, it is.

Ed Cregger
Old 11-28-2010, 02:51 AM
noveldoc

Thanks Ed and I am glad you have had good experiences.

Maybe I caught them on a bad day but this is by far the worst service I have seen in 40+ years of modeling.

When their manager told me she was going to send the missing parts and solve the problem, I did post that as a very positive development. When she backed out of her promise, I burned Nitro.

Tom
Old 11-28-2010, 04:25 AM
IAMKAOS

just yesterday i was listening to one of the flyers at our flying site. he was telling everyone about a very recent bad experience he just had with nitroplanes. we were all stunned at what he was telling us. he ordered a model and when it arrived it had considerable damage to the fuselage....not shipping damage. also the model had two piece plug on wings and none the dowels in the wing lined up with any holes in the fuse. he called nitroplanes and ask them to send him a new fuselage and he was told by someone speaking broken english that they had no extra fuselage's. he then ask them if he returned it would they send him a new model. they told him the only thing they would do for him is give him 5% off the cost of the model . he told them that to repair the fuse was worth more than 5% percent discount. after politley going back and forth over the phone with them they made a excuse to get off the phone with him. can you believe this!. he has not decided yet what he's going to do yet but after hearing that i would never buy from them.
Old 11-28-2010, 04:48 AM
noveldoc

Hope your friend used PayPal. I shipped back the defective kit and PP will credit me a full refund as soon as it arrives.

Also he can e-mail their manager at raidenmelissa (at) gmail.com

Tom
Old 11-28-2010, 05:53 AM
da Rock

Major credit card companies usually refund in situations where you're getting screwed. You might be asked to provide documentation of course, which makes sense. The few times I've used that service, they required that I send them a written description of the details of the problem. I've always figured they simply wanted some record and the most efficient is for you to provide it.

I also figured that the CC companies knew more about customer service than some mail order companies.
Old 11-28-2010, 07:29 AM
noveldoc

Almost forgot. If you e-mail Melissa, attach pics of the problem.

Hint. I believe these folks get more motivated if you file a PayPal or credit card claim. I know PayPal will pull your seller status if they get too many complaints.

Tom
Old 11-28-2010, 10:26 AM
BEAR-AvHistory

Almost forgot. If you e-mail Melissa, attach pics of the problem.

Hint. I believe these folks get more motivated if you file a PayPal or credit card claim. I know PayPal will pull your seller status if they get too many complaints.

Tom
+1. I have had good experence with the three or 4 planes I got from Nitro, but I always use PayPal for my on-line RC purchases, just in case.
Old 11-28-2010, 04:03 PM
NM2K
My Feedback: (14)

Thanks Ed and I am glad you have had good experiences.

Maybe I caught them on a bad day but this is by far the worst service I have seen in 40+ years of modeling.

When their manager told me she was going to send the missing parts and solve the problem, I did post that as a very positive development. When she backed out of her promise, I burned Nitro.

Tom

I would burn Nitro too had I been treated as you have been.

Ed Cregger
Old 11-28-2010, 04:08 PM
chrisharrisclicko
Banned

http://www.plrprivatelabelrights.com/plr-articles ]private label rights[/url]
Old 11-28-2010, 04:10 PM
chrisharrisclicko
Banned

egewgehbesahnh

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.