Notices
RC Helicopter Beginners Forum If you are a beginner or "newbie" to RC heli's feel free to post your questions right here in the rc heli beginner forum.

newbie in a gym

Old 11-30-2010, 11:47 AM
sailpret

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbie in a gym

I am a long time fixed wing rc pilot, and I have yearned to fly helis for a while, but have never taken that step till now. I am a teacher, so I have access to a gym to fly in after school and on weekends during the winter. I am looking for something that I could fly in this larger indoor area. I have been flying coax helis on Realflight and those seem quite easy. I think I need to go up a step. What is a good step up from a coax? Do I need to stick with the micros since I have a larger flying area? Cost is also a factor (remember I'm a teacher). I'd like to keep total costs under $250. An RTF would be great. Thanks.
Old 12-01-2010, 10:31 PM
jmwright75

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: newbie in a gym

Sailpret I would say go with the mSR. I work in a school also and fly in the gym. I have done a little hovering with an Axe 400 but was really worried about breaking something other than the heli[X(], so now its just the mSR and ultra micro planes. It is a blast to fly the mSR in there too its like having a large field to fly.

john