Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

RCU Buy/Sell

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

RCU Buy/Sell

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2010, 05:03 PM
goposocojo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RCU Buy/Sell

Apparently my trouble ticket did finally go thru. I just received this reply from RCU.
"We are aware of a number of issues resulting from our recent site migration to new servers and service providers. We are working to correct these problems as quickly as possible."

Old 12-05-2010, 05:26 PM
bbflyby

why can I not get onto your web please e-mail me Bryan,
bbflyby .
[email protected]
Old 12-05-2010, 05:42 PM
GSR
My Feedback: (145)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Also might be because that RCU was just sold again->

1.) Michael Kranitz and Marc Vigod have sold RCUniverse to Internet Brands, Inc. and will no longer be actively managing RCUniverse. IB is the leader in online communities and both Michael and Marc felt it was in the best interest of RCUniverse to allow IB's resources to further RCU and the R/C community in general.

Having a role in RCU since it began November 2001, I can say Michael and Marc will be missed as the owners of RCUniverse. It was very clear early on both were R/C enthusiasts and their passion for the hobby is what drove them to create and build RCUniverse into the premier online community for R/C. I suspect their passion for R/C will continue as they step away from RCU in a management capacity and pursue other ventures.

This acquisition leaves RCU in a great position to grow and expand. The IB team owns and operates state of the art community software, vBulletin, and is committed to improving all aspects of the RCU experience for advertisers, commercial members, and especially hobby enthusiasts. You can expect great things to come in 2011 and beyond; speed, simplicity, navigation, and more.

2.) One of these great things has happened already, RCUniverse and RCTech.net are now owned by the same company, Internet Brands. The opportunity from an advertising and product review standpoint is staggering. Your company now has the advantage of cross-marketing two of the largest r/c communities online; a combined total of more than half a million members!

Did you catch that? Combined, these two websites represent a little over 550,000 r/c hobby enthusiasts. NO WHERE can you find and take advantage of this concentration of membership. And never has there been a better time to advertise! With more affordable rate structures and significantly more membership, now is the time to take a closer look at your ad budgets and how you're going to utilize RCUniverse.com, RCTech.net and Wattflyer.com in 2011.

3.) Your contact for advertising, reviews and questions is no longer Erick Royer. Erick has amicably separated from RCU in an effort to pursue his goals in other areas that benefit both his family and himself. I personally will miss everything he had done for RCU over the years and hope to continue building the relationships you've had with RCU as a result.

Please update your information if you haven't done so already and remove Erick's association with RCU in your contact list. My information is as follows-

Nathan Maat
Administrator & Advertising Director
[email protected]
ph: 616-594-0188
fx: 616-328-6539
1.) Michael Kranitz and Marc Vigod have sold RCUniverse to Internet Brands, Inc. and will no longer be actively managing RCUniverse. IB is the leader in online communities and both Michael and Marc felt it was in the best interest of RCUniverse to allow IB's resources to further RCU and the R/C community in general.

Having a role in RCU since it began November 2001, I can say Michael and Marc will be missed as the owners of RCUniverse. It was very clear early on both were R/C enthusiasts and their passion for the hobby is what drove them to create and build RCUniverse into the premier online community for R/C. I suspect their passion for R/C will continue as they step away from RCU in a management capacity and pursue other ventures.

This acquisition leaves RCU in a great position to grow and expand. The IB team owns and operates state of the art community software, vBulletin, and is committed to improving all aspects of the RCU experience for advertisers, commercial members, and especially hobby enthusiasts. You can expect great things to come in 2011 and beyond; speed, simplicity, navigation, and more.

2.) One of these great things has happened already, RCUniverse and RCTech.net are now owned by the same company, Internet Brands. The opportunity from an advertising and product review standpoint is staggering. Your company now has the advantage of cross-marketing two of the largest r/c communities online; a combined total of more than half a million members!

Did you catch that? Combined, these two websites represent a little over 550,000 r/c hobby enthusiasts. NO WHERE can you find and take advantage of this concentration of membership. And never has there been a better time to advertise! With more affordable rate structures and significantly more membership, now is the time to take a closer look at your ad budgets and how you're going to utilize RCUniverse.com, RCTech.net and Wattflyer.com in 2011.

3.) Your contact for advertising, reviews and questions is no longer Erick Royer. Erick has amicably separated from RCU in an effort to pursue his goals in other areas that benefit both his family and himself. I personally will miss everything he had done for RCU over the years and hope to continue building the relationships you've had with RCU as a result.

Please update your information if you haven't done so already and remove Erick's association with RCU in your contact list. My information is as follows-

Nathan Maat
Administrator & Advertising Director
[email protected]
ph: 616-594-0188
fx: 616-328-6539
Old 12-05-2010, 06:26 PM
hooker53
My Feedback: (106)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks GSR for coming on and informing us!!! Hooker53
Old 12-05-2010, 07:18 PM
jcpenney

WELL HERE WE GO GANG!TOOK THEM LONG ENOUGH TO OWN UP TO THE FACT IT CHANGED HANDS. NOW EXPECT THE OTHER SHOE TO DROP! GET YOUR WALLETS OUT!!!
Old 12-05-2010, 07:27 PM
montemadness71

So its going to ran like ebay? I hope not
Old 12-05-2010, 07:54 PM
flynnaire
My Feedback: (24)

RC Groups Classifieds and for the go big or stay home crowd there's F.L.Y.I.N.G Giants... Both fantastic sites use them till RCU decides to fire there IT staff and hire some High School Kids who can make this place Flow!!!!!!!!
Old 12-05-2010, 08:06 PM
marksextra
My Feedback: (28)

ORIGINAL: flynnaire

RC Groups Classifieds and for the go big or stay home crowd there's F.L.Y.I.N.G Giants... Both fantastic sites use them till RCU decides to fire there IT staff and hire some High School Kids who can make this place Flow!!!!!!!!
X100 on the firing of the IT staff.... Where to go?...not exactly. It seems like FG is banning some really good people for no good reason. Stupid. A LOT of people are jumping ship. Everyone is migrating to Team Flying Circus.
Old 12-06-2010, 12:35 AM
jmcjq

Buy&Sell service is unaviable so far.what has happened to RCU?
Old 12-06-2010, 02:52 AM
Eugene West
My Feedback: (11)

Still not able to log on to the buy and sell
Old 12-06-2010, 04:26 AM
45cal
My Feedback: (2)

I have tried to go to market place also. I got several spam and spyware warning from my AVG security. 
Old 12-06-2010, 05:10 AM
shosho
My Feedback: (57)

What is wrong with RCU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have had problems with it all week!!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing works right and I need my fix [:@][:@][:@]

Old 12-06-2010, 05:20 AM
basimpsn
My Feedback: (5)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I guess i'm luck to sell both my item before the site crash [8D].
Old 12-06-2010, 05:30 AM
Garrett1234567

Yea, i feel lucky too, I did a a trade last sunday
Old 12-06-2010, 06:57 AM
rino
My Feedback: (121)

Hmm, ad rates are already too high on RCU. Profit margins have dropped dramatically since the Chinese entered the market and Hobby City took a foothold. I wonder if they ever take a look and see that RCG has 10x the number of ads in some of their forums.
Old 12-06-2010, 08:41 AM
Dr0
My Feedback: (7)

man sooo many days down!Whats going on..this is by far the best rc trading forum..OH WHERE OH WHERE DID RCU GO???
Old 12-06-2010, 09:44 AM
a1pcfixer
My Feedback: (7)

Market Place is back up!!!!!

Some areas are a bit slow, but it's up & functioning!!!!
Old 12-06-2010, 10:59 AM
sonito
My Feedback: (84)

its a wives conspiracy I just know it I cant do nothing anymore I have to do real work instead of browse and do FB man its gotta be a tragedy for RCU to just take a dump like this....[>:][sm=drowning.gif][sm=spinnyeyes.gif][sm=cry_smile.gif][sm=tongue_smile.gif]
Old 12-06-2010, 11:02 AM
GeeBee-RCU
My Feedback: (324)

Cheer up, it's up and running. Check it out, the sun is out, the birds are singing, the day looks brighter. It's a liitle slow but it is there.
Cheers, Steve
Old 12-06-2010, 05:04 PM
hooker53

ORIGINAL: marksextra

ORIGINAL: flynnaire

X100 on the firing of the IT staff.... Where to go?...not exactly. It seems like FG is banning some really good people for no good reason. Stupid. A LOT of people are jumping ship. Everyone is migrating to Team Flying Circus.
Why are they banning folks???
Old 12-06-2010, 05:58 PM
GeeBee-RCU
My Feedback: (324)

[:-]
Old 12-06-2010, 06:19 PM
Jet Blaster
Banned

I just uploaded a ton of Jetrelated itemstoday onF Giantssince RCUis having problems. Go to'SwapShop' and check it out! (RCU wouldnt let me upload the link)
Old 12-06-2010, 07:29 PM
Supermandoc8
My Feedback: (5)

Just tried to go to market place and still unable [:@][:@][:@][:@] Getting old after 5 days
Old 12-07-2010, 04:23 AM
RCISFUN
My Feedback: (44)

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

ORIGINAL: Supermandoc8

Just tried to go to market place and still unable [:@][:@][:@][:@] Getting old after 5 days

I just went right in with no problems, it was much faster than yesterday

The only issue I have now is I am not receiving e-mail notifications when new products within my filtered parameters are being added to the marketplace.

Also I haven't been receiving e-mail notifications to my subscribed thread for the past week.

Old 12-09-2010, 05:10 PM
hooker53

It's funny. I'm getting notification that one of my adds is expiring and I can't get in to it to work it. Ha.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.