Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

anyone see axial on mythbusters?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 08:34 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default anyone see axial on mythbusters?

i just watched tonights episode of mythbusters. when they tried a small scale of flipping a car by droping a weight on the nose of the car they used a axial SCX. they dropped alot of weight on that thing, and it looked like only the body suffered.
i just love seeing hobby grade RC's in TV shows.
Old 12-08-2010, 10:16 PM
Ttam Says Blarg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: anyone see axial on mythbusters?

I was surprised when it didnt break... Maybe it did and they didnt show it.
Old 12-09-2010, 06:22 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ORIGINAL: Ttam Says Blarg

that could be the case. but it looked in the slow mo like the body took most of the beating.

there were a few other episodes where grant was using an RC and clearly had a losi transmitter in his hand. i guess he doesnt make that much money
Old 12-09-2010, 07:36 AM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: Ttam Says Blarg

that could be the case. but it looked in the slow mo like the body took most of the beating.

there were a few other episodes where grant was using an RC and clearly had a losi transmitter in his hand. i guess he doesnt make that much money
or he doesnt want his good stuff being smashed, if it was me i would use a nikko

that thing was tough as nails though.

as for the myth, you would have to smash it so hard and fast that the bumper dug into the ground perfectly and poll vaulted. i knew it wasnt going to work but still cool to watch.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:57 AM
FahrtAutoRC

Links to clips? I missed it because I fell asleep watching Ancient Aliens on History lol
Old 12-09-2010, 12:20 PM
Nitro Racer 18

I like that episode. The president came out of nowhere.
Old 12-09-2010, 01:05 PM
Bmr4life
My Feedback: (45)

Seriously stupid episode. It wasn't even a "myth" they were testing. Was cool to see a real RC used. I'm sure parts broke and were fixed off camera. If you look closely, you can see they locked the suspension in place. The body took one hell of a beating too.
Old 12-09-2010, 04:27 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Bmr4life

Seriously stupid episode. It wasn't even a ''myth'' they were testing. Was cool to see a real RC used. I'm sure parts broke and were fixed off camera. If you look closely, you can see they locked the suspension in place. The body took one hell of a beating too.
most myths for the longest time have been movie myths, they are almost out of old wives's tales
Old 12-09-2010, 04:42 PM
Bmr4life
My Feedback: (45)

ORIGINAL: The_Shark

ORIGINAL: Bmr4life

Seriously stupid episode. It wasn't even a ''myth'' they were testing. Was cool to see a real RC used. I'm sure parts broke and were fixed off camera. If you look closely, you can see they locked the suspension in place. The body took one hell of a beating too.
most myths for the longest time have been movie myths, they are almost out of old wives's tales
This mutant hellboy punching a car and making it flip over is definitely going over board. Its nothing like the 007, spy, and ninja movie myths they've tested.
Old 12-10-2010, 07:15 PM
s7jstep1

i was wondering about that. i saw the episode today and was tryong to find out what car they used. i thought it was kinda pointless how, even if the wieght missed the full sized car, it still got destroyed when it hit the barriers and it still hit the fence
Old 12-10-2010, 08:57 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I saw once in a credit cut they were driving micro high rollers over the mythbusters sign.
think it was a re-reun aired a few weeks back.

But yea the movie "myths" are kinda getting ridiculous. now there just testing if movie CGI scenes are really possible.
Old 12-10-2010, 11:42 PM
s7jstep1

i agree. i think lately the show isnt quite as good as previous years. i like the more practical myths like the water heater going through the roof or driving with the ac on vs windows down or what to do if you crash your car into a lake. personally i could do without the one where they yelled at the plants or when they tested if all living things share some form of interconnected consciousness. some of them seem completely stupid