Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric RC Jets
Reload this Page >

New Habu on the Horizon...

Community
Search
Notices
Electric RC Jets Discuss rc electric ducted fan or radio control prop jets here.

New Habu on the Horizon...

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2010, 07:10 AM
rcand

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Habu on the Horizon...

ORIGINAL: David Eichstedt

Just for clarity...the new E-flite Habu 32 features:

Glass fuse & inlets, built-up wood wings & horizontals. Vertical is molded glass with the fuse. CF blade spars with Aluminum sockets in the fuse.
ARF completion
Delta-V 32 fan will be 80mm, 5 blades
New E-flite motor at 2150Kv
6S operation, 3850-5000 mAh (we like to fly with 5000 for endurance)
Will require 70-80A ESC
Uses E-flite 15-25 Electric Retracts
Flaps

It won't be live on the web until iHobby, the 3rd week of October.

Expected availability not until late January. I know this makes for an early showing, but we just couldn't miss E-Jets!

Price $299; cost to complete with all recommended components will put it around $1200 or so.

David

David, thanks for the clrification. I have the original Habu, which flies decent but looking for better. how does this compare and what is the wingspan?
Old 10-24-2010, 09:25 AM
gary41
My Feedback: (5)

Go to http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/De...ProdId=EFL8075 for complete info!

Gary
Old 11-06-2010, 08:01 PM
2Brave
My Feedback: (28)

Can't wait to see a killer speed setup..... I've got three on backorder for my store now...
Old 11-10-2010, 04:41 AM
MrPheer
My Feedback: (5)

Where did you guys hear that this is coming out in January? Horizon Hobby says early March. But I'd much rather get one in January.
Old 11-10-2010, 03:43 PM
69 roadrunner

What do you guys think is there any way to install a 90mm fan i have all of that stuff dont want to buy more if not needed if not what is a good jet for a ninty size fan thanks roadrunner
Old 11-24-2010, 10:48 PM
wpotter6

I put in my pre-order and have the retracts already. I also already had an AR7000 RX to use in it. There is no manual on the web yet and it indicates 8 servos are needed, but in the parts list there is one analog and one higher torque digital servo called out. How many of the higher torque servos are needed? Is there a need to reverse the servos for elevator or flaps? Maybe Dave is still monitoring the thread and can provide some answers.
Old 11-25-2010, 09:16 AM
rcand

ORIGINAL: jesses151

I just got back from the E Jets International electric jet show / flyin in Grove City Ohio. I was awesome to say the least! Anyway Horizon Hobby was there and they were showing off a new prototype Habu. This bird was fiberglass, had an 80mm fan and was breaking into the 160mph range. The airframe will retail for around $300 and I over heard a figure of $800 RTF. This plane was a beauty and should be available in January. I'll attach some pics....enjoy.
-Jesse
Last I heard this will sell complete for around $1,000. I wonder if it flies better the the foam Habu? Mine is bad on knife edge and point rolls. you can't move the battery back enough for the proper CG, take a fair amount of down for inverted and it does not snap good.
Old 12-06-2010, 01:55 PM
dribar

I've got all the parts backordered myself except the servos. Did anyone hear about qty's for the two servos?

Got a call about a week ago from Horizon as a courtesy said they wouldn't be shipping until end of Jan.... bummer.
Old 12-10-2010, 08:04 AM
dribar

Got my retracts in the mail yesterday.... the Habu begins...

Old 12-10-2010, 11:52 AM
wpotter6

I found out that they call out 7 of the MC35s and 1 of the DS368. Found this on RCGroups.

I am going to use 7 HS-82MGs and 1 HS-225MG instead. These are metal gear and have slightly higher torque and slightly better speed. I am also going with a SportBEC from Dimension Engineering, since this will output 3.5Amps. I have had a failure of the BEC in the ESC on my PZ Habu, and that one is only driving 5 servos. I also have a 3S 1000mAh Lipo that I won at a flying event, and may use that to supply the BEC for the RX and servos. To me that provides insurance against the ESC or main battery having a problem.
Old 01-04-2011, 01:47 PM
Nitro-Tom

ORIGINAL: wpotter6

I found out that they call out 7 of the MC35s and 1 of the DS368. Found this on RCGroups.

I am going to use 7 HS-82MGs and 1 HS-225MG instead. These are metal gear and have slightly higher torque and slightly better speed. I am also going with a SportBEC from Dimension Engineering, since this will output 3.5Amps. I have had a failure of the BEC in the ESC on my PZ Habu, and that one is only driving 5 servos. I also have a 3S 1000mAh Lipo that I won at a flying event, and may use that to supply the BEC for the RX and servos. To me that provides insurance against the ESC or main battery having a problem.
I plan on using a Castle BEC Pro as I did on my PA Extra MX - The Castle BEC (Standard) is rated for 5 amps but on 6S it only puts out 3A......I called tech support and they told me the spec is wrong, on 6S you are lucky to get 3A, so I returned the BEC and upgraded to the BEC-PRO from my LHS......for my last 6S project.

It seems with this many servos I will also need the extra weight of the BEC-PRO to feel safe......and when it hooks up to the 6S harness directly.....you are pretty safe.....

My Precision Aerobatics Extra MX uses (2) 3S in series to make the 6S - I wonder if that is a better way to go for this bird?

I will have to wait and see......but I am down for this at the current prices.....reliable electric retracts, etc.....

I just want a "Good Quality" EDF that is faster than a Dodge Dart and NOT made of FOAM! I also do not have the cash for a BVM, so it is this, or maybe a TAM or HET Sniper.....but I have been waiting for this....

Video already out of test flights with a P-20 Turbine.....but I am staying Electric......

May look at other options for the fan and ESC.... To soon to say.....

I am sure there will be several options......

Old 01-06-2011, 06:14 PM
montanacharlie
My Feedback: (1)

Where did you find video with the p20 installed?
Old 01-08-2011, 04:04 PM
pitstop000
My Feedback: (26)

ORIGINAL: montanacharlie

Where did you find video with the p20 installed?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCzHPz-vF9M

I think this is calling me.
Old 02-01-2011, 02:21 PM
Hellcat716
My Feedback: (2)

The assembly manual is now on the Horizon website for the E-flite Habu 32.