Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 01:02 AM
boothg-3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New Hitec Aurora 9-Channel 2.4Ghz Radio System

udet , what i meant was there are issues from time to time with wireless , we use it at work for our laptops but sometimes the data transfer is corrupted by an outside source , it all depends on the enviroment
Old 11-12-2010, 10:05 AM
udet1918

ORIGINAL: boothg-3

udet , what i meant was there are issues from time to time with wireless , we use it at work for our laptops but sometimes the data transfer is corrupted by an outside source , it all depends on the enviroment
I got you boothg-3 I will use a wired PC on any future upgrade attempts. Thanks.

Ron
Old 11-12-2010, 08:34 PM
zero244
My Feedback: (1)

ORIGINAL: 42etus

What don't you like about the appearance? What does that mean? Does it obstruct your view?
I guess I mean that it isn't invisible. While it is transparent, you can still see that it's there. It does protect the screen though and is easily replaceable

[/quote]

I had a little trouble getting the screen protector on without bubbles.....mine looks about like yours.
PS: Very funny skydiving comment.........and very true you dont need a parachute if your only going to skydive once.
Old 11-13-2010, 12:05 AM
bluzjamer

First sky dive isn't a problem....it's the second one. I know!
Why do they always toss the heavy guys out first?
Old 11-14-2010, 12:21 AM
RR24

Tonight, I updated my radio, module, and 2 7 channel rx's, but when i tried to do my 9 channel nothing, it acts like the hp-22 does not see the 9 channel rx, This rx has never been in a plane. any idea's
Old 11-14-2010, 01:38 AM
MikeMayberry

A small amount of the 9's won't update for whatever reason. You only need to update it if you plan to use the add on telemetry though, the built in battery telemetry will still work fine without the update. You'll need to contact the service deptartment and we'll figure out the best way to get you taken care of if you need it updated.

Mike.
Old 11-14-2010, 09:33 AM
RR24

Thanks Mike for the info, i will call service next week.
Old 11-19-2010, 09:07 PM
CAT POwer
My Feedback: (61)

ORIGINAL: MikeMayberry

http://www.hitecrcd.com/auroraoffer
Where did the offer go ?

Found

Old 11-19-2010, 11:23 PM
uncleTom
My Feedback: (30)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Go to link and hit aircraft Radio Systems page, hit offers and print it.
Old 11-19-2010, 11:41 PM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: uncleTom Go to link and hit aircraft Radio Systems page, hit offers and print it.
Hitec Home and Support Pages have had a major update last night.
Not many of the old links function at present, but HPP-22 offerPDF is still in the same place:

At least one New page = Hitec Aurora 9 FAQ's

May have to revise some URL on my pages and
- Aurora A9, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips.
{Individual Links often updated}

Regards
Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links
Old 11-21-2010, 02:33 AM
4*60
My Feedback: (41)

ORIGINAL: udet1918

I got you boothg-3 I will use a wired PC on any future upgrade attempts. Thanks.

Ron
No need for a "wired" PC. Wireless is just fine these days. The wireless connection to the router would almost certainly not be your original upgrade problem. I put "almost" in there because I have a background with systems and "never" and "certain" cannot be used alone.

Old 11-21-2010, 09:44 AM
udet1918

ORIGINAL: 4*60

ORIGINAL: udet1918

Ron
No need for a ''wired'' PC. Wireless is just fine these days. The wireless connection to the router would almost certainly not be your original upgrade problem. I put ''almost'' in there because I have a background with systems and ''never'' and ''certain'' cannot be used alone.

4*60, Whatever the original problem was is beyond my ability to solve so I'll continue to go with what did work and be content.

Ron
Old 11-24-2010, 01:16 PM
A.T.

New Telemetry user guide now on-line

Alan T.

Old 11-30-2010, 03:36 PM
stangman67

Just bought an A9. For a whopping price of 290 shipped from tower. They are only 350 with the 7 channel and then there is the 60 dollar coupon. Damn steal
Old 11-30-2010, 06:42 PM
Gungadin

Where is the $60 coupon ?[sm=71_71.gif]
Old 11-30-2010, 06:45 PM
stangman67

I got the tables in an email. may be it is only for club members. 60 dollar off code is 014x7 on orders of 300 or more
Old 11-30-2010, 06:47 PM
DougV

You can use code # 014T7

Doug.
Old 11-30-2010, 09:41 PM
bluzjamer

Good deal on the A-9. I was able to use my AmEx points and mine only cost me $175 after the points.
I guess points are worth something anyways. Would have loved to have been able to use that coupon and my points.
Would have scored the TX for about $40.
Old 12-05-2010, 11:22 AM
A.T.

Heads up -
There have been quite a number of recent new entries and updates to existing articles at
- Aurora A9, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features

These include:
. Telemetry - Instruction Sheets & User Guide - updatedwith newpictures plus Enhancements Under Development.
. AFHSS - Warning Beeps Aurora & Spectra Pro.
. Aurora A9 - Firmware Update V1.08 due mid Jan11 - preview
. additional items under the Helicopter section
. Spectra 2.4J Module - Telemetry Module for JR Transmitters. NB: 3 different types = Universal, Japan & France - update Nov10.
. Aurora A9 - Transmitter Case - Aluminium. (or use for other Hitec transmitters). #553445

. and more.....

Alan T.

Old 12-09-2010, 08:53 AM
hiTmanhiT

Hi!
Could anyone be so kind and send me the HPP-22 software?
Hitec's download site seems to be down. http://hitecrcd.co.kr/tester/tester.htm

Want to upgrade my brand new radio!

EDIT: Disabled my anti-virus software and could download without problems!
Old 12-09-2010, 09:02 AM
MikeMayberry

It's not down. You have have to disable your anti virus software to download it as some don't like the fact that it reroutes to a different location for the file.

Mike.
Old 12-09-2010, 09:08 PM
bluzjamer

Sorry Mike but people should not have to disable their anti virus to download a file. That is the main reason we have antivirus on our systems......(.Former Main Frame System Tech).
Old 12-10-2010, 10:38 AM
MikeMayberry

Agreed, but not all AV software has issues with the site reroute. Maybe we'll be able to resolve this in the future, but for now, if you want to update this is what you will have to do.

Mike.
Old 12-15-2010, 10:54 AM
chocorrol

hi guys, Igot some bad news today, last Sunday Ilost my P 51 and I would like to see what you guys think about my crash. Obviously Iwas using the <st1lace w:st="on"><st1:city w:st="on">Aurora</st1:city></st1lace> 9 radio, with the 9 ch receiver and the battery holder that came with the radio, Iwas flying very well when suddenly, Ilost control and the plane went down. Everything points to the battery holder as it was broken when Ifound it, anyone had any problem with the battery holder? When Iwas flying, the A9 module started to beep, Iguess it was because somehow the battery was not making contact, and the failsafe never came in. when Igot all the pieces together, Itested the battery ant it was 5.1 V so Idon't think it was the battery. So what you guys think? The battery holder? Igot radio interference?
Old 12-15-2010, 11:47 AM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: chocorrol hi guys, Igot some bad news today, last Sunday Ilost my P 51 and I would like to see what you guys think about my crash. Obviously Iwas using the <st1lace w:st="on"><st1:city w:st="on">Aurora</st1:city></st1lace> 9 radio, with the 9 ch receiver and the battery holder that came with the radio, Iwas flying very well when suddenly, Ilost control and the plane went down. Everything points to the battery holder as it was broken when Ifound it, anyone had any problem with the battery holder? When Iwas flying, the A9 module started to beep, Iguess it was because somehow the battery was not making contact, and the failsafe never came in. when Igot all the pieces together, Itested the battery ant it was 5.1 V so Idon't think it was the battery. So what you guys think? The battery holder? Igot radio interference?
In all probability it was related to the battery holder. However,
"battery holder as it was broken when Ifound it"
Holder is under pressure from the springs and holder ends frequently breakas a result of being dropped or crashed - if used, they should be taped securely and installed in good vibration protective foam rubber.

What version TX&Module? if up to date, the battery readout will show lowest voltage seen which will only be incorrect if battery was sudddenly disconnectedwhilst between datapackages, see attached "Lowest Voltage Display" pic attached.
The loose cell battery holder is included to facilitate linking of the receiver for those using EPmodels with ESC/BEC systems - could never recommend for use in GP models.:
": Q. Originally Posted by tonyc9075
tower tech notes says 4 double A's are required, what are those used for? The receiver?
A.
Includes:On/Off Switch. 4-cell AA Battery Holder
REQUIRES: Programming, charging transmitter and receiver batteries
Four AA batteries and servos of modeler's choice
Perhaps better read as
REQUIRES . Charge Transmitter battery first and then programming.
. Four AA batteries for holder supplied. This for linking a new receiver in need before installing in model as easier than using an ESC/BEC.
. Servos of modeler's choice
Can not recommend use the loose cells packs for flight
AFHSS - ID-Setup (also known as Binding or Linking) & Range Testing Spectra Pro Module <> Optima Receiver. may assist.

The vibrations of GPmodels have been known, since starting out in RC 50+ years ago,to cause jitters and loss of control, especially ifloose battery cells are not taped securely into place to stop movement/loss of contact. In the loose cell holders, contact is only between the single highest points of spring/battery as opposed to 2<4 secure contact points of welded battery packs. There is also a much higher resistance between loose cells and springs, so voltage/current is already impaired and may well have dropped voltage below the "brownout level" especially if only 4 X NiMH batteries were being used. Were any beeps heard during the flight?
Optima Transceiver (RX) - Battery set up for Nitro/Gas models #1 caution re NiMH.
Optima Transceiver (RX) - Battery set up for Nitro/Gas models #2 caution re NiMH.

- Aurora A9, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

See also sub Section "Glitches & Jitter in Receiver, Servo & ESC - causes and cures " under
"Radio Systems, Accessories, Alterations and FAQ." at:

Regards
Alan T.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge96877.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	70.0 KB
ID:	1534519  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.