Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Extreme Speed Prop Planes
Reload this Page >

FlyCat's 71 ? 90 ? 1.20 ?

Community
Search
Notices
Extreme Speed Prop Planes Discuss the need for speed with fast prop planes (Screamin Demon, Diamond Dust, Shrikes or any REAL sound breakin'''' plane)

FlyCat's 71 ? 90 ? 1.20 ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 04:43 PM
BalsaBob
My Feedback: (24)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default FlyCat's 71 ? 90 ? 1.20 ?

My FlyCat was delivered today. I ordered the FlyCat 90-1.20 .... but what came was a 'FlyCat 71' (recommending a 2C .70). However, this FlyCat 71 has the same (60 inch) wingspan as the ad for the 90-1.20 ? Are these all the same airplane .... with perhaps the specs on the ads and in the instructions .... just pathetically innacurate ? The manual cover says its a 4-Channel airplane .... but inside it shows a retract installation .... Bob
Old 10-23-2008, 10:34 AM
BaldEagel

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: FlyCat's 71 ? 90 ? 1.20 ?

Bob

KMP make the the FlyCat and the Falcon in various sizes, I don't think anyone I have contacted have a handle on what is what, anyway I have both the FlyCat 90 and the Falcon 120 to build in my hanger at the moment Look here for some of the work done so far: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_8026183/tm.htm the Falcon will eventually get my JetCat P80 in it.

One thing is you get what you pay for with these, all the formers and retract bearers fell out of mine in one piece, very nice of them to allow me to put them in propely. LOL

Mike
Old 10-23-2008, 12:48 PM
BalsaBob

Thanks Mike. Perhaps the one I got is not from KMP ... maybe its a clone/copy (I do not see KMP mentioned anywhere in the manual). I will probably put an OS 75 AX or 91 FX in it. Attached is the front page of the manual. Bob
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz78454.jpg
Views:	157
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	1057450  
Old 10-24-2008, 02:25 PM
bob27s
My Feedback: (19)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where did you buy your from ?
Old 10-24-2008, 06:33 PM
BalsaBob

I got it from NitroPlanes. Bob
Old 10-31-2008, 05:06 AM
BaldEagel

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: BalsaBob

Thanks Mike. Perhaps the one I got is not from KMP ... maybe its a clone/copy (I do not see KMP mentioned anywhere in the manual). I will probably put an OS 75 AX or 91 FX in it. Attached is the front page of the manual. Bob
Bob

They are the same aircraft, KMP don't seem to market themselves, they let others do that for them, in the Uk they are variously known as a Goldcat and Flycat according to who is selling them.

Mike
Old 12-16-2010, 09:21 PM
alishanmao

Just started preparing this FlyCat 71. I have been told and guided by company engineer from trionesmodel that i should use a 20cc Gasoline engine and it will be better and powerful.

Well i have a 20cc now, but now after reading lots of posts and seeing people crashing this plane on first flight i am confused.

can anyone guide me and tell me

where to put Gas tank
where is the CG actually after i install a RCGF 20cc Gasoline egnine

I am so disappointed with trionesmodel and their lousy engineer and sales guiding customers the wrong way, making us waste our money buying wrong stuff that won't fit and or won't work right.

i hope to hear from someone who flown FlyCat 71 right with nitro or gasoline engine.
Old 12-17-2010, 01:13 PM
Crazy4Flight
My Feedback: (540)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: alishanmao

Just started preparing this FlyCat 71. I have been told and guided by company engineer from trionesmodel that i should use a 20cc Gasoline engine and it will be better and powerful.

Well i have a 20cc now, but now after reading lots of posts and seeing people crashing this plane on first flight i am confused.

can anyone guide me and tell me

where to put Gas tank
where is the CG actually after i install a RCGF 20cc Gasoline egnine

I am so disappointed with trionesmodel and their lousy engineer and sales guiding customers the wrong way, making us waste our money buying wrong stuff that won't fit and or won't work right.

i hope to hear from someone who flown FlyCat 71 right with nitro or gasoline engine.

Those chineeeze ARFs with the non-lingual instructions sold under many names like KMP CMP Richmodels nitroplanes and marketed on Ebay by several vendors ARE FOR CRAP!

C.G. is often wrong ie Richmodels Quickie their CG was WAY off !!!
Mine would not flair and wiped off the landing gear twice! Yes I moved CG back and farther back again.
Old 12-17-2010, 06:56 PM
JohnMcGowan
My Feedback: (15)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For your viewing pleasure , here ya go : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYAsK4dlwaM
A flying buddy GAVE me this plane still new in the box,..now I think I know why I think he didnt want to risk any of his equipment in this piece o' crap. As stated earlier, this thing is just not well put together AT ALL, there were big gaps in what little formers were used between the wood and the fiberglass, I filled the spaces up with epoxy and micro-balloons to at least have some sort of firm structure. The formers were about paper thin in the fuse too. And dont get me started on just how the fuse is. Mine went down on its 3rd or 4th flight due to a faulty rcvr maybe(?) and the plane is now sitting down in the garage waiting on me to take it to a dumpster.

Personally, I dont know if I would stick a gasser on this plane, I think the extra weight back there will hinder you maybe(?) I had a SuperTigre 90 on mine. The plane looks really sleek and fast, but........ its just not that way in flight. It was just ANOTHER dissapoinment from Nitroplanes Im afraid
There are details on where I set my cg on the youtube video. I mounted my fuel tank right behind the removable hatch thats located on the bottom of the fuse, but I did use an IronBay regulator to get the fuel to the carb.
I hope this helps anyone thats got this 'thing" Let me know what you think .
John
Old 01-22-2011, 02:36 PM
mshay
My Feedback: (3)

you should have flown that thing with an MDS .68 on it with a 10x6 wood prop... holy smokes unlimited vertical and speed.