Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

JC 60cc Engine

Old 12-16-2010, 09:16 PM
BadAzzMaxx

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: JC 60cc Engine

Thanks
Just really curious as to how it does,.

Think I will get a Menz 24-8 and see how it compares to the 51 and a DLE clone I have.

Milton
Old 12-16-2010, 09:27 PM
driesbabe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Milton,
I gather that you also have one of these then? Is your the one with the straight plug or with the angled plug?
I will have to run the one I have with a normal muffler, as the useless thing that came with it will not fit my test stand.
Old 12-16-2010, 11:44 PM
driesbabe

OK guys,

First run:
Started right up with the needles left as they where.
High end was way lean, and had to be turned almost an entire turn out.
set the lowend as soon as the engine was warm and let it run for +- 10 minutes at 2000RPM just to get it used to it.
Nr's that I have seen so far are 6350RPM high end after 12 minutes of running with the high end not set properly.
So far nothing has fallen of or broke.
I will let it sit at 2-2500RPM for a while and set the high end to top and report back soon.

Regards
Andreas
Old 12-17-2010, 06:43 AM
BadAzzMaxx

Sorry, Did not mean to mislead you.

I was going to use your numbers of the 60 to compare with some other engines I have.

Milton
Old 12-20-2010, 07:01 PM
Slide00

Old 12-21-2010, 09:00 AM
BadAzzMaxx

Anybody know who is selling the Menz props, Aircraft international has stopped selling them.

Or does anybody have a good used Menz 24-8 they want to sell

Milton
Old 12-21-2010, 09:52 AM
flatspinjim
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: BadAzzMaxx

Anybody know who is selling the Menz props, Aircraft international has stopped selling them.

Or does anybody have a good used Menz 24-8 they want to sell

Milton
I believe Aero-Works sells them
Old 12-21-2010, 10:02 AM
BadAzzMaxx

check there site but they do not show having a 24-8

Milton
Old 12-21-2010, 11:44 AM
clivemc

hey there andreas, so you have one of the 60's

do you have the new version cylinder? have you measured the actual cc on the new cylinder? be interested to know what it is now.
keep us posted on your results.
chatted to Kevin today, but not much came of it......
Old 12-21-2010, 02:58 PM
aussiesteve

ORIGINAL: clivemc
That would be unusual
I bet you got lots of empty promises though
such as

Much better power than DL
turn at 7500 rpm
Will ship in next week

Etc

Merry Christmas to all
Old 12-21-2010, 05:55 PM
BadAzzMaxx

ORIGINAL: aussiesteve

That would be unusual
such as

turn at 7500 rpm
Will ship in next week

Etc

Merry Christmas to all
And have 200 60cc in stock, Buy 100 and give you good deal, I have heard it all to.

Milton
Old 12-22-2010, 01:50 AM
clivemc

That would be unusual
such as

turn at 7500 rpm
Will ship in next week

Etc

Merry Christmas to all
hehehe
he tells me the prototype is now a thing of the past and the final evo60 is in production - 'in fact 100pcs have been sold to new dealers already'
wonder why its new dealers buying them
Old 12-22-2010, 03:50 AM
aussiesteve

hehehe
he tells me the prototype is now a thing of the past and the final evo60 is in production - 'in fact 100pcs have been sold to new dealers already'
wonder why its new dealers buying them [img][/img]

hahahaha
Probably because us old (used and abused?) ones know better.

That is great that so many are out there. We should see a huge amount of "brags" and videos showing them off to us. Will be interesting to see if
A - The sand cast joints (and the related silica inclusions) still show up
B - The parts have been blasted and Chemically cleaned to remove evidence of that casting technique
C - The RPMs are more consistent on the "new" ones (not bad - version 2 already - won't be long before version 3 comes out - the one where I would begin to consider the risk acceptable)
D - None of the above
E - All of the Above

[sm=spinnyeyes.gif]
Old 12-22-2010, 07:37 AM
BadAzzMaxx

He will find someone to sell them sooner or later.

I see he did not put his add in Model Aviation this month, I told him when I helped him set up the add he was wasting his money.

Why do a add in a US magazine for products that no one in the US is selling, Go to his web site and it does not even show a US dealer of his engines. ????

Other than YDA that is made by him the JC28 is the only engines that has been sold in the US in about 1 ½ years.

Now there is the REV but that is not advertised as a JC engine

Milton
Old 12-23-2010, 01:20 AM
erieqc

Its sad someone will sucker into selling them for him. And the other said thing is the american people will sucker into buying them as well. Then cry later on about it. The best thing to do is not buy anything from him at all then maybe he'll disapear off the face of the earth or start to make and stand behind a good product like the big name engines. Humm maybe thats why they are big name engines!!
Old 01-08-2011, 12:00 PM
clivemc

The hundreds of JC 60's already sold must be running smooth as silk, no-one on here complaining about them - or what?????

cmon guys give us some feedback
Old 01-08-2011, 12:30 PM
apalsson
My Feedback: (1)

Hey Clive,

Maybe all these hundreds of happy buyers are out there flying their JC60cc powered planes.
Wasn't there a statement made by an exclusive USA Distributor (the same one who publicly attacked Milton Thompson for abandoning his customers) back in September that they had already undergone 9 months of extensive testing?
Old 01-08-2011, 01:27 PM
Tired Old Man

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

For the person wondering abount Menz props.

Desert Aircraft is the U.S. importer. I believe Don's Hobby Shop and Chief's also sell them.
Old 01-26-2011, 11:09 AM
clivemc

a show of hands - who has bought one of these? even if you dont have it running yet..... if you have run it give us all some feedback.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:10 PM
aussiesteve

Don't think you'll get many hands showing.

About 2 or 3 weeks ago, I was forwarded an e-mail that was between a buddy of mine and Kevin Jiang of JC engines. In that e-mail, Kevin told my buddy that he the 60's had some problems (all his suppliers fault of course) and that he would work again on them after Spring Festival. At the same time he was planning on sending the 23cc out (let me see - that is about 6 months where they are coming out "next month") and his all new 28cc (which is probably a 32cc) .

The 60's I have seen (and I have seen a couple of them in the flesh from "samples" he sold to people), have been vastly inconsistent in performance ranging from downright weak to just on par with a DLE 55 on a Prop for prop comparison.

Negatives
Bearing fits are "typical" (les than 0.001" interference around the outer races), Cylinder chrome is uneven (ultrasonically measured), Cylinder roundness and taper is out of tolerance with over 0.001" out of round and over 0.001" taper - very nice gaskets used though. Bearings are basic specs.

Positives
CNC surface finishes are shiny, Nice gaskets used on assembly, Commonly used reed assembly, Piston and crank assembly used, Genuine Chinese supplied Walbro brandname on the Carb (HDA 245 Carb), Genuine RCExcel ignition.

Old 01-26-2011, 03:59 PM
apalsson

Don't think you'll get many hands showing.

About 2 or 3 weeks ago, I was forwarded an e-mail that was between a buddy of mine and Kevin Jiang of JC engines. In that e-mail, Kevin told my buddy that he the 60's had some problems (all his suppliers fault of course) and that he would work again on them after Spring Festival. At the same time he was planning on sending the 23cc out (let me see - that is about 6 months where they are coming out ''next month'') and his all new 28cc (which is probably a 32cc) .
I think it's fair to assume further delays because most if not all businesses in China are now closed for their New Year Holidays and will remain closed till early February!
Old 01-26-2011, 08:45 PM
Q500RC

Well Steve is the 23cc, 32cc and the 60cc your designs that Henry had and tried to get going with JC late last year?? BTW the 2 letter engine made here in the US is only
$525.00 without muffler of course but still not bad for a US made engine and likely with good service to go with it! The thing that really caught my attention was the case
was made from 7075T6 instead of the standard 6061T6 aluminum used by most. That alone is enough to get my interest up in that 2 letter brand and makes it a much
better deal at that price!
Old 01-27-2011, 04:29 AM
aussiesteve

ORIGINAL: Q500RC

Well Steve is the 23cc, 32cc and the 60cc your designs that Henry had and tried to get going with JC late last year?? BTW the 2 letter engine made here in the US is only
$525.00 without muffler of course but still not bad for a US made engine and likely with good service to go with it! The thing that really caught my attention was the case
was made from 7075T6 instead of the standard 6061T6 aluminum used by most. That alone is enough to get my interest up in that 2 letter brand and makes it a much
better deal at that price!
Hey Q500RC

No, these are pretty much all his other than a number of design element suggestions given to Kevin a long time ago.
My own developments of the 23, 32, 38 and 42 have not been fully shared to anybody other than my prototype pilots and my staff. Those are highly unlikely to ever see the light of day in a production run as I am using my manufacturing equipment for more "politically stable" and profitable purposes now. The 42 and the 38 were identical except for bore size, all were exceptionally powerful for their size with the focus being on mid range torque curves (as was shown in the videos of them flying planes designed for much larger engines).

The JC 60cc was never one of mine. I did suggest a couple of the design elements a long time ago but the overall "design" rests with the company that does the Manufacturing for Kevin (the same company behind SV etc) and the 3W 55 and the DA 85 that were given to him by one of his European Dealers to copy. Some of Kevins "artistic license" from his Drafting company (his main business) has no doubt crept in to unbalance the performance (as is usually the case).

I haven't seen the "JC 28 EVO3" (30 / 32cc) in the flesh (nobody else has seen it either to my knowledge) but the simulation of it I saw showed a "DM32" (sold under quite a few brandnames) with a CNC's crankcase that is similar to the current 28cc crankcase. I did make a number of suggestions to the design some time ago, whether they were implemented and how they were implemented remains to be seen.

The 23cc - also not seen in the flesh. The simulation of it I saw showed a 3 standoff mount. Again, some suggestions were given but if or how they got followed is another story.

I agree with you, the way the Chinese engines (or all products in general) seem to be heading, it makes the likes of BME (oops - that is 3 letters, I wonder which was the 2 lettered one ) become a much better consideration. When an entire countrys economy needs around 7% growth to stay afloat and that is based on exports, Service and quality must take a back seat to mass production and price. Imagine if they produced great quality products that lasted a long time - their economy would stagnate and we would have to pay more taxes to help them out[&:].

Old 02-20-2011, 09:44 PM
driesbabe

Hi Guys,
I have to bring this up again as some guys here would like to know whats going on.
The engine is fitted with a pits Muffler from a CRRC pro 50cc engine. The engine was run on a mix of 32/1 Sthil HP.
I have had a JC 60 for some time now and have finally got to fly it yesterday. The engine is installed in a Pilot-rc Extra 300 weighing 7540g fueled (that's about 16,5lbs)
It was flown at the Windhoek Radio Flyers field witch is at exactly 2000m above see level. (that's about 6560 feet) at +- 32 degrees Celsius.
Engine was fitted with a Menz 24X8 prop for the first couple of flights and I have no Idea what the RPM's are on it with that prop on the plane.

It pulls, that's all I can say and it pulls hard. At our altitude there is not much in the 50cc size rage that will pull a 16.5 lbs plane vertically forever, but this thing dose.
It ran without any hiccup, not a stumble or a hesitation.
I later changed the prop to a Vess 23B witch i think pulls even harder at full throttle with hovering being done at +- half throttle and a very very decent pullout and again unlimited vertical. I do not like this prop, as there is too little bite in the mid range.
After about 5-6 flights the engine was torn apart and checked. There are no signs of any running apart from it being oily. Although the compression had greatly improved during the day the ring has a very long way to go to seat properly.
I will go on flying the plane, If you don't hear anything, is all good. I will however report back if something happens.
All I can say that it pulls harder than a DLE 55 that I have been flying for some time in a 50cc Yak that weighs about the same.
If it lasts, this might be a good engine, provided the backup promises can be kept,,,,, witch I have to question due to past experiences.
Old 08-27-2011, 09:50 PM
jersdunz

ORIGINAL: driesbabe

Hi Guys,
I have to bring this up again as some guys here would like to know whats going on.
The engine is fitted with a pits Muffler from a CRRC pro 50cc engine. The engine was run on a mix of 32/1 Sthil HP.
I have had a JC 60 for some time now and have finally got to fly it yesterday. The engine is installed in a Pilot-rc Extra 300 weighing 7540g fueled (that's about 16,5lbs)
It was flown at the Windhoek Radio Flyers field witch is at exactly 2000m above see level. (that's about 6560 feet) at +- 32 degrees Celsius.
Engine was fitted with a Menz 24X8 prop for the first couple of flights and I have no Idea what the RPM's are on it with that prop on the plane.

It pulls, that's all I can say and it pulls hard. At our altitude there is not much in the 50cc size rage that will pull a 16.5 lbs plane vertically forever, but this thing dose.
It ran without any hiccup, not a stumble or a hesitation.
I later changed the prop to a Vess 23B witch i think pulls even harder at full throttle with hovering being done at +- half throttle and a very very decent pullout and again unlimited vertical. I do not like this prop, as there is too little bite in the mid range.
After about 5-6 flights the engine was torn apart and checked. There are no signs of any running apart from it being oily. Although the compression had greatly improved during the day the ring has a very long way to go to seat properly.
I will go on flying the plane, If you don't hear anything, is all good. I will however report back if something happens.
All I can say that it pulls harder than a DLE 55 that I have been flying for some time in a 50cc Yak that weighs about the same.
If it lasts, this might be a good engine, provided the backup promises can be kept,,,,, witch I have to question due to past experiences.

So you have had your engine going since the early part of feb and was liking it.. How about now? you still liking it?
I have put 3 gallons through one and I love it. I could never break past 6400 static with my dle 55 on a xoar 22x8.
currently running a jxf 23x10 and static it'll turn 6600. The videos I have posted of it are with an sy22x10 and it was a
blast with that prop as well. I actually think the 22x10 will be the prop I run the most Because it is more crisp when
doing short and fast pogo's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iif0P2cmGCQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0fdd...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdFS-...eature=related

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.