Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

Help with Tornado S30 center diff (center trans)

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Help with Tornado S30 center diff (center trans)

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2010, 10:28 AM
Torch39

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with Tornado S30 center diff (center trans)

I just got the parts in and rebuilt my center diff. I replaced the 2 speed tranny clutch and one way bearing that is on the main spur gear.I also changed out the 2nd gear spur gear. I put the diff back together and it seem for some reason the main gear does not spin easily. It is like it rubbing on something and binding up. If I don’t tighten the screws that hold the case together all the way the problem is not as bad. But something doesn’t seem right. Any suggestions would be great.

Old 12-12-2010, 06:10 AM
formula87

Default RE: Help with Tornado S30 center diff (center trans)

it happens .....................just something in the assembly you missed. I would pull back apart make sure the screws are the right ones and not hitting the gears and making them bind....... never opened a diff from a tornado alsomake sure nothing dropped in the gears like a screw or something.
Old 12-16-2010, 03:49 PM
JTPSTEALTH

May need to try loosening the set screw for the clutch. Let everything spin freely and adjust where the clutch sits on the shaft. If it was sitting too far away fromit's side ofthe case, it could be putting too much pressure on the gears against the other side of the case. Just a guess. Hope it helps....
Old 12-17-2010, 11:53 AM
rchobbyunlimited

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Be verycarefulif youlooseningthe clutch screw you dont wont this screw loose because it will vibrate out from the engine running and please locktite on theclutchbell set screw.
Old 12-17-2010, 01:41 PM
JTPSTEALTH

ORIGINAL: rchobbyunlimited

Be verycarefulif youlooseningthe clutch screw you dont wont this screw loose because it will vibrate out from the engine running and please locktite on theclutchbell set screw.
My mistake for not mentioning to tighten it back up. I knew that in my head but forgot to type it. I was just getting at moving the clutch on the shaft a little further from the gears but make sure you tighten it back up as rchobbyunlimited said. Nice catch and good call. Thanks!