Community
Search
Notices
HPI Monster Truck Forum Talk about HPI monster trucks here. The infamous Savage 21, SS, .25 or any other HPI MT. You can optionally discuss HPI in our general MT discussion forum if you prefer.

F4.6 dyn 086

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 01:52 PM
cswtornado

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F4.6 dyn 086

Just got the 086 dynamite pipe. I had to do some grinding to the header to get it to fit onto the exhaust port... and had to use a gasket designed for a different sized opening.... but it fits now

As predicted, the header prevents the shocks from being mounted. However, I am too cheap to buy big bores (even the $40 ones) unless absolutely neccisary. Any way you can run the stock shocks in the front with 1 big bore per wheel in the back with no loss in performance or anything?
Old 12-22-2010, 03:17 PM
steed2-inactive

Default RE: F4.6 dyn 086

of couse you can, you will just have to experiment with different spring rates, and shock weight untill you get the proper compression, rebound dampening, ride height, spring rate, between the two ( 2 vs 1)
Old 12-22-2010, 03:33 PM
cswtornado

Meh.

Might as well just get the 4 flux big bores. What's the best oil weight for these?
Old 12-22-2010, 07:11 PM
Nesal

How is your engine running with the 086? Mine gets kinda hot and has pretty bad low end, had to go to the 16t CB and still could be better I think!