Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Where Have All The Kits Gone ?

Community
Search
Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Where Have All The Kits Gone ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 08:17 PM
mschulz531

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Where Have All The Kits Gone ?

ORIGINAL: tailskid

ORIGINAL: mschulz531

I have the Edge 540 27.4% w/ landing gear; wood pack;wing tube.

NIB!
Are you bragging or are you offering this kit for sale?! <g>

Seriously though, when did you purchase the kit...have you looked at the kit, what do you think of it?
Is the vendor still in business? If you were interested in selling the kit, what would you be asking for it?
Also, which engine do you plan to use in this plane?
Regards,
Mike

I guess I would consider selling it....have almost $200 in her...all NIB; asking...............hummmmmm $150....

Jerry
I sent you a PM for follow up.

</g>
Old 11-08-2010, 10:54 PM
frankolin42
My Feedback: (2)

I have an original Royal P-38 Lightning, and I will trade the kit for another kit if anyone is interestesd? I'm looking for other Royal Kits, or Sterling, or Top Flite..........anybody interested? Please no radios, no engines, no BS.....Just Kits,,,,Trade for Trade Kit for Kit.
Old 11-11-2010, 01:22 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Ok guy, I need to step in here for a second and remind people of some of the RCU rules. It is against the RCU rules to offer items for sale in the forums. And I've seen a bit of that going on here. A recent change to our rules now allows you to post wanted ads, so if there is something you are looking for there is nothing wrong with asking in a thread such as this. The only thing we ask is that you do the actual transaction details in PM's and not in the open forum. But offering items you have for sale, linking to Marketplace or auction ads, or any other method of letting people know that you are selling an item is not allowed here on RCU. I ask that everybody please abide by these rules
SELLING:
All selling takes place in theRCU Marketplacewhich provides forfreelistings to non-commercial members for BOTH classifieds OR auctions. We have tools and features in our marketplace that no discussion forum cancompareto. These tools help you to trade safely and more efficiently. So please useonlythe Marketplace to do your buying, selling and trading.

No auction or for sale posts in the forums please. No asking for bids or words that would lead the buyer to assume you are having an auction or classified ad. No discussion forum threads or posts linking to any classified or auction ads unless the information answers a question being discussed or questions the value or condition of the product and it is not yours or an acquaintance's. If you have an item for sale or auction elsewhere and are bound by their contract to fulfill the terms, please do not post the same item for sale at RCU. Raffles are only allowed with written permission from RCU management.

Want ads are available in the Marketplace. However, you may post for help locating something in the forums. Any mention of "will trade" or a product you have to offer in exchange for the item wanted is not allowed. The want ad should only request what you are looking for and we expect users to respond with replies that they either have the item or where the member might find it or get it. The poster should expect to pay cash (not trade) for the item expected unless those who reply offer it to the member for free, which is also acceptable.

Thanks for your cooperation here

Ken
Old 11-11-2010, 09:44 AM
mschulz531

ORIGINAL: RCKen

Ok guys, I need to step in here for a second and remind people of some of the RCU rules. It is against the RCU rules to offer items for sale in the forums. And I've seen a bit of that going on here. A recent change to our rules now allows you to post wanted ads, so if there is something you are looking for there is nothing wrong with asking in a thread such as this. The only thing we ask is that you do the actual transaction details in PM's and not in the open forum. But offering items you have for sale, linking to Marketplace or auction ads, or any other method of letting people know that you are selling an item is not allowed here on RCU. I ask that everybody please abide by these rules
Thanks for your cooperation here
Ken
Ken,

Sorry about that...I'm pretty sure I was the recent offender here. I appreciate the reminder of how things are supposed to work. It started off as an innocent conversation and quickly turned into something more. I'll be more careful in the future.

Regards,
Mike

Old 11-11-2010, 10:30 AM
Constrictor
My Feedback: (46)

ORIGINAL: optech

Wooo Hooo!, I just scored a .60size Super Aeromaster Bipe for my kit stash. The newer Great Planes version, not the original Andrews kit.

I've wanted one of these for some time but just try to find one on Ebay, I dare ya'. Everyone I went for, the bidding went over $250 even before the snipers hit. After a while I just gave up even looking. I lucked into this one for a mere $140.00.

I can still remember way back when fingering through the kit at the local hobby shop. Smelling the balsa, reading the directions, rolling out the plans and discussing them with the owner. Ahhhh, the good 'ole days. My interests and abilities were else where at the time so I kept putting off getting a kit. Who knew what would happen right.... They'll always be around.... right???

Mike
Is this a better kit than the lou andrews kit?
Old 11-12-2010, 01:47 PM
DaleJEckart
My Feedback: (5)

I'd LOVE to see a KingAir B350, maybe for dual .90 4 stroke or dual 120 4 stroke, that would be awesome!
Old 12-04-2010, 01:46 PM
trainermaster80

HI,
I SEE ON YOUR POST AND CONVERSATIONS YOU ARE HAVING ON WHERE ALL HAVE ALL THE KITS GONE.
I AM 82 AND HAVE A NUMBER OF KITS N.I.B THAT HAVE NEVER BEEN OPENED OR OUT OF THE BOX. I AM WILLING TO SELL AT A REDUCED PRICE USING TOWER HOBBY PRICES FROM WHEN THE KIT FIRST CAME OUT. MY PRICES ARE BELOW TOWER PRICES.
MIDWEST CAP232 TOWER 2005 LIST 4450.99 tower price $299.99
FIBER GLASS COWL (KIT HAS ABS COWL) 80" WING SPAN
MOLDED PLASTIC MIDWEST INSTRUMENT PANEL ENGINES 1.5 TO 2.2 2CYCLE
all of the above my price $$325.00 plus shipping. 1.8 TO 3.0 4CYCLE
pay by money order or certified bank check 2.2 TO 2.8 GAS
GP CAP 21 .60 TOWER$94.95 MY PRICE $70,00 PLUS SHIPPING
GP TRAINER .40 TOWER $74.00 MY PRICE $55.00 PLUS SHIPPING
HAVE OTHERS. CONTACT ME THRU RC UNIVERSE TRAINERMASTER 80 OR THRU THIS POST WHERE HAVE ALL THE KITS GONE? HAVE MANY ENGINES LOOK FOR MY FOR SALE ADDS SOON ON RC UNIVERSE
Old 12-10-2010, 10:32 PM
Father Time

This is the proverbial needle in the stack! I am really hoping someone out there can help. I had a listing for a U.S. company that had the plans for, I swear, every RC Flier ever built and offered short kits. This little gem was in my "bookmarks List". Ya!, you know it, MY BAD, did not back it up!!! Blew a drive in the raid section of my good PC and "POOF" it was gone!

The web site was done in basic red & white logo with 2 descending columns in black and white listing their available plans. And yes these columns were long. They even had the plans for my old Das Little Stick and offered a short kit. These people have been around for a while so I am really hoping that someone of my vintage out there might know the site. I simply cannot remember the name for the life of me. I have tried Google but there are so many new people out there offering laser cut kits it is simply mind boggling! I do not have the time.

Thanks Guys!
Old 12-11-2010, 05:36 AM
iforbes
My Feedback: (3)

Is it http://www.lazer-works.com/misc.html ?
Old 12-11-2010, 05:38 AM
JNorton
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Went to post the same site and wound up on the DLE 20 thread. ????
John
Old 12-11-2010, 08:32 PM
Hyprmtr
My Feedback: (56)

wow
Old 12-12-2010, 06:17 AM
scale only 4 me
My Feedback: (158)

Received 51 Likes on 49 Posts

I think he's talking about http://myunclewilliestoo.com/ ???
Old 12-30-2010, 01:12 AM
FrankRC1

Skyshark is making kits again
Old 12-30-2010, 06:28 AM
mschulz531

ORIGINAL: FrankRC1

Skyshark is making kits again
Wow, thanks for the info...is this the place?
http://www.skysharkrc.com/plans.htm

What is the history of this company?

Old 12-30-2010, 10:01 AM
rkrider

That's great news ! Now if only someone would start making the pica 1/12 scale warbirds again.
Old 12-30-2010, 06:04 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

"What is the history of this company? "

On a scale of 1-10 I would give them a 9 for their product and a 10 for their service.
Old 12-31-2010, 07:31 AM
NM2K
My Feedback: (14)

''What is the history of this company? ''

On a scale of 1-10 I would give them a 9 for their product and a 10 for their service.

Happy New Year friend Jerry! Good to see you are still posting.

Ed Cregger
Old 12-31-2010, 08:17 AM
tailskid

Well Ed, I'm still alive and kicking I hope you had a very Merry Christmas and will have a Happy New Year! What ya building? No flying this weekend - it is downright COLD here - only going up to the mid 50's

Jerry
Old 12-31-2010, 01:01 PM
NM2K
My Feedback: (14)

Well Ed, I'm still alive and kicking I hope you had a very Merry Christmas and will have a Happy New Year! What ya building? No flying this weekend - it is downright COLD here - only going up to the mid 50's

Jerry

In my head I'm building a Phoenix 5, a 12' Telemaster and finishing up several other models. In reality, I'm not doing much of anything. I do have several planes ready to fly, so I'm not hurting for working models. The very next thing that I want to fly is my Art-Tec (sp?) Pitts Special RTF electric model and my Raptor 30 V.1.

How about you?

Ed Cregger
Old 12-31-2010, 03:16 PM
tailskid

Just picked up a World Models 29% Cap 232 ARF....that ought to keep me busy for a week or two Still haven't finished my TF Arrow II - maybe by spring (nah....)

Jerry
Old 01-01-2011, 04:37 PM
mschulz531

Just ordered an Edge 540 from StevensAero.com...can't wait for it to arrive so I can start building it!
I received the engine, ESC, covering, servos, etc as Christmas gifts. Thanks family!
Here is a link to the kit:
http://www.stevensaero.com/StevensAe...0-p-16486.html
-Mike
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ay74499.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	9.6 KB
ID:	1540918  
Old 01-01-2011, 05:51 PM
scubajohn

hi yall
the kit delema is bad i would like to find a kaos or ultrasport 40 but i dont know where to look if i cant find a kit i may have lazarworks cut it for me
any body know if these kits are still being made
Old 01-01-2011, 06:00 PM
mschulz531

ORIGINAL: scubajohn

hi yall
the kit delema is bad i would like to find a kaos or ultrasport 40 but i dont know where to look if i cant find a kit i may have lazarworks cut it for me
any body know if these kitsare still being made
You can still purchase the Bridi designs from Bluejay here:
http://www.bridiairplanes.com/hangar/utterchaos40.html

Old 01-02-2011, 06:44 AM
scubajohn

thanks
Old 01-07-2011, 07:03 AM
mschulz531

I found another kit builder today that I thought I should post here. Like always, I'm sure many of you know about this source, but I'm always learning about new kit sources, so here you go:

http://www.glhobbies.com/index.html

Anybody have any experience with any of the kits from this vendor?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.