Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

Paint Removal "Small Area"

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 07:36 AM
daroncraig

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paint Removal "Small Area"

Hey guys,

Just wondering if any of you might have a good technique for removing some paint from a small area. I painted a maltice cross and some flames on one side of my new body and it is still masked around that area, and I haven't done the other side and it too is still masked off. But, I don't really like the way it looks and I want to just remove the cross and flames and do something a litte simpler. Any good ideas as to remove that paint from that area. I have heard dot 3 brake fluid, isopropol alcohol, and even soaking it in water and then peeling the paint off. I want to know if any of those would work well or if you have any other ideas. Thanks.
Old 01-06-2011, 12:41 PM
psuweasel

Default RE: Paint Removal

You could try brake cleaner, or even paint thinner.
Also, I've had good luck with paint remover found in paint deptment at walmart.

If it is still tacky, just about anything should work.

just be warned, your masking tape will not survive.

once you get the paint off, clean it up good and you can start all over.

Old 01-06-2011, 12:58 PM
daroncraig

Default RE: Paint Removal

I called the hobby shop I got the paint from. It is Pactra Racing Red. Its Laquer based paint. He said to thin out some laquer thinner and use a cloth and wipe it and it should come right off. I'm going to have another wrag ready soaked with water so the thinner doesn't sit there on the lexan for long.