Community
Search
Notices
E-Flite Helicopters Discuss the line of E-Flite mini and micro helis including the Blade CP, CP Pro, Blade CX, etc

tail problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 06:14 AM
boatfisher25

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tail problems

i just got my blade sr yesterday and i went out to fly it this morning and when i take it off the helicopter just starts spinning around in circles and i try to play with the trim and the stick that controls the spin and it just keep spinning, can someone please help me.
thanks
Old 01-08-2011, 06:53 AM
Rob2160

Default RE: tail problems

ORIGINAL: boatfisher25

i just got my blade sr yesterday and i went out to fly it this morning and when i take it off the helicopter just starts spinning around in circles and i try to play with the trim and the stick that controls the spin and it just keep spinning, can someone please help me.
thanks
Does the red light come on on the gyro? it should come on before you attempt to fly..

Is the tail motor spinning correctly?

Does it spin left or right?

Old 01-08-2011, 08:49 AM
boatfisher25

also the first time i went to fly it i crashed about 5in off the ground but i did not see anything broken so this morning i took it out to fly and it was spinning like i said so i brought it in and i looked at it and i noticed the boom in the back was bent slightly so i took it apart and bent it back as good as possible and put it back together and it still spins.
Old 01-08-2011, 10:01 AM
Rob2160

ORIGINAL: boatfisher25

also the first time i went to fly it i crashed about 5in off the ground but i did not see anything broken so this morning i took it out to fly and it was spinning like i said so i brought it in and i looked at it and i noticed the boom in the back was bent slightly so i took it apart and bent it back as good as possible and put it back together and it still spins.
I would love to help you but I can't diagnose what the problem is unless you can provide more information..

Which way does it spin for starters?

Is it always the same way?

Does the tail rotor appear to be working?

Does the red light come on on the Gyro

Are all the servo leads plugged in securely to the receiver..

How fast does it spin..

A slow spin to the right could be indicative of a completely different problem than a fast spin to the leftso if you can give memore info I may be able to offer suggestions..

What other helis have you flown or is this your first?
Old 01-08-2011, 10:39 AM
boatfisher25

I'm basically a beginner I've flown the mcx and vie flown some on the simulator but I was flying the sr just fine and the it just turned and the blades hit the ground. The tail rotor appers to be working the red light is on it spins very fast and it is always the same way.
Thanks for all the help
Old 01-09-2011, 07:29 PM
chunkyplunker

I have a quick question. Does the tail rotor spin up into the propwash on the Blade SR like it does on a 450 class heli?

I have a freind who has the same problem. He just replaced the tail motor and I'm thinking he mave have the polarity reversed on his tail. Faceing the tail rotor, his is turning clockwise. Thanks
Old 01-11-2011, 05:23 AM
boatfisher25

i had the same question is the tail rotor supposed to be spinning clockwise or counter clockwise when facing?