Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > Kit Building
Reload this Page >

Carl Goldberg Staudacher kit parts

Notices
Kit Building If you're building a kit and have questions or want to discuss kit building post it here.

Carl Goldberg Staudacher kit parts

Old 11-28-2009, 05:12 AM
vdubin64
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carl Goldberg Staudacher kit parts

Hello all,
I just scored a super deal on a Goldberg Staudacher. The build is about 85% complete. I'm in need of a couple of things for her though. It came less a canopy/plans and landing gear. I think I can kinda figure out something on the gear, however I've not so much even found a good pic of it online. I've tried to contact Goldberg, but theve been bought out by Great Planes, Or at least that's who's doing buisness with the remaining Goldberg kit parts. The rep stated on the phone, that there weren't any STAUDACHER parts to be had. They were completely out of stock on everything for that bird.She recommended E-bay. So my question is....? Anyone out there with a new or in good shape used canopy?? Possibly the landing gear set. I have a Great Planes Extra 300s kit canopy that seems to be awefully close. It contours nicely to the turtledeck but its off a bit in the front. If I have to, I may be able to get this canopy to fit. I would just prefer the factory one, before I add heat and possibly damage a nice canopy. What about the plans ? Anyone out there put one in and still have the plans floating around ?
Any help would be appreciated..
Thank you
Wade
Old 01-11-2011, 01:41 AM
Quigleywins

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Carl Goldberg Staudacher kit parts

Wade I read with intrest your problem with the CARL GOLDBERG STAUDACHER . I'v just coped one on Ebay, its the wing kit only but for the small amount I payed I will give it a go. With no canopy etc I was wondering how you got on, it looks like no one was talking to you anyway so I hope you were able to get it going. Yours Paul T PS the full plan is in this kit (I think) if you still need it.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:00 PM
vdubin64
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Carl Goldberg Staudacher kit parts

Hi Paul, thanks for your reply. I happened to be the one of the persons interested in the wing kit on Ebay. I didn't bother bidding though, I just watched the auction. I figured I have too many projects going at the moment. Anyhow, I appreciate you offering up the plans that was nice. I haven't really done a whole lot with the airplane since I purchased it. I did in fact find a canopy though, from a company that specializes in carbon fiber parts and I believe they were in the UK. I purchase the canopy about a year or so ago. I also purchased a brand new fiberglass cowling from Fiberglass Specialties. So other than not being able to locate the landing gear I have an almost a complete aircraft now. I'm gonna have to find some time to finish it off and get it up in the air. Once again, I appreciate your
reply.
Thanks Wade