Community
Search
Notices
FPV, UAV & Drones Discuss all aspects of First Person View (FPV), Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV) and Drones in this forum

rc vs uav

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 08:24 PM
catsmeow1051
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rc vs uav

Would some like to educate me on the difference between the rc MQ-9 Reaper(called a UAV) and a pusher plane with a skinny fuse and a big wing span. ? I doubt very seriously if the people that are building so called rc uav's are flying them remotely from a video screen like the airforce does with their Reaper or their Predator..! So whats all the big stink about rc UAV's and the FAA ...? Thanks
Old 01-21-2011, 08:46 AM
Tired Old Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: rc vs uav

You think wrong. A great many people buying the model of the RQ/MQ Reaper are also found searching for optical payloads and a means to fly them farther out than visual line of sight.

Because people have found out they can they somehow get the impression that means they should. The two are not even remotely related. The big stink isn't so much about RPV models and the FAA, but what defines a UAV and their use opposed to what constitutes a hobby intended model and how they are flown. There comes a point where there may be no difference at all and that's where modelers, and some small UAV companies, run into trouble.