Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > Redcat Racing Support
Reload this Page >

A quick shout out to Billy at Redcatracing..!

Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

A quick shout out to Billy at Redcatracing..!

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 03:00 PM
1ofmyfuns

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A quick shout out to Billy at Redcatracing..!

I just wanted to say publicly, a BIG Thanks to Billy at Redact Racing, I got an E-mailtoday in which he confirmed that he was sending me the replacement parts for the diff in my Backdraft3.5, he has been nothing less than a champ on this deal for me and I am very pleased with the fact thathe hascome through for meby warranty of the parts.

I've seem where others have said how great it is dealing with this company and I'm here to say it is very true, they are taking care of business and that is a rear thing now days.

Thanks again Billy and also to the Redcat Racing team, keep up the great work we do appreciate it out here!

ShanG.
Old 01-13-2011, 03:10 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: A quick shout out to Billy at Redcatracing..!

IMO, redcat is a big enough company to provide a good product, but still small enough that they still care about every customer!
as a dealer, i love the fact that when i email them, i get a responce the same or next day....sometimes from the owner himself!
Old 01-13-2011, 03:16 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

My last and only email to them (cordial and professional) went unanswered...
Old 01-13-2011, 03:23 PM
1ofmyfuns

if at first you dont succeed try try again.........

as bad as it is to us all, in this world there is no perfection we just do the best we can, hope the best we can, keep our faith and intentions pointed in the right direction and keep on keep-in on, sorry to here you got let down with no answer to your email, but I say if it's an important issue shoot that sucker to-em again and I'll bet you get an answer this time.

Every situation has it's cracks and things just fall through them sometime at really no fault of anyone, just happens!

Good Luck and i hope you get the answer you need and are looking for.

ORIGINAL: Dale Gribble

Old 01-13-2011, 03:28 PM
1ofmyfuns

Yep, I say buy a good product from Redcat Racing, tune it a little tweak it a little and make a great product out of it at a fraction of the cost of most of the others out there, and learn some patience and have some fun doing it.......Not a Dang Thang wrong with that and you have a company who give a hoot to boot.......!

I say just keep up the good work and keep making it a little better and better as we go.....! thats always been the Old FashionAmerican way that unfortunetly many or most have gotten away from this day and age.

ORIGINAL: nitrosportsandrunner

IMO, redcat is a big enough company to provide a good product, but still small enough that they still care about every customer!
as a dealer, i love the fact that when i email them, i get a responce the same or next day....sometimes from the owner himself!
Old 01-13-2011, 08:22 PM
buggyboy2010

Dale, You are highly respected here and in no way I doubt what You have done, I agree an e-mail should have been recived back promt'. But if not.. Like someone said, Try again. Or even a phone call, They seem to be incredibly busy lately.

Old 01-13-2011, 08:30 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: buggyboy2010

Dale, You are highly respected here and in no way I doubt what You have done, I agree an e-mail should have been recived back promt'. But if not.. Like someone said, Try again. Or even a phone call, They seem to be incredibly busy lately.

they do get busy after xmas(as do all rc companies) do to the higher than normal sales. lots of people getting new RC's means lots of questions for those guys to answer. i wouldnt want to work there this time of the year...lol
Old 01-13-2011, 08:52 PM
fullbore55

LOL! I bet they are busy! Warranty dept. must be flooded with claims...Lots of children filled with disappointment fromdefective, broken, inferior, andsub-standardChristmas gifts.My experience ispoor communication from Redcat as well.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:56 PM
1ofmyfuns

Ouch!

Do we have a hater here?

ORIGINAL: fullbore55

LOL! I bet they are busy! Warranty dept. must be flooded with claims...Lots of children filled with disappointment fromdefective, broken, inferior, andsub-standardChristmas gifts.My experience ispoor communication from Redcat as well.
Old 01-13-2011, 09:38 PM
Capn kanuckles

He must be one of those guys who have dumped $600 on a 1/10 scale,i'm always pissed too when im broke.hehehe.I' m no expert but i like my redcat.I was at a nitro track recently and watch some guy with an avalanche beat up on all the traxxas,hpi and the rest of the big names.It was kinda fun watching the losers come up to this guy and ask him whats he running in that truck.Good times.
Old 01-14-2011, 03:37 AM
cswtornado

HPI doesn't make any racing MTs and I HIGHLY doubt that the avalanche could beat on a Revo.... the Traxxas driver must have SUCKED and the Redcat driver must have been PRO.
Sorry. Just my 2 cents. A bit of a hater here.
Old 01-14-2011, 05:50 AM
Capn kanuckles

HPI dosent make a monster truck,huh then what do you call the savage.The avalanche does 50+ out the box  the revo claims it does the same,so it sounds like there on a level playing field.If you had a bad experience with redcat and cant stand them now ok,but to bash them on a whole tread like some,its dumb.I have alot of old rc mags,and there was alot of traxxas bashing when they first came out,plus on this site under monster trucks look at the poll for worst monster truck,guess who traxxas.
Old 01-14-2011, 07:13 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

fullbore55 is a hater sadly. but i feal for the guy.
he bought a ground pounder for his son and the steering didnt work out of the box.(understandable upset here)
redcat sent him 2 new servos, but the stock ones were not the problem. it was the stock radio that was at fault.
i dont know if he tried to get in contact with redcat again to replace the radio or not. i think at one point they wanted him to send in the electronics for repair or replacement and he didnt want to go through that.
its a shame cause its a really neat truck!

i try to be more fair. i dont hate any other brand. but i have owned some models i HATE!.
the tamiya tt-01 for instance. never had anything but bad luck with those. always stripping gear in them! doesnt mean i hate tamiya. they are a top notch company. i also owned a traxxas nitro sport SE. not a quality model at ALL!!! but most of traxxas' truck rock IMO. that was their base model nitro. it was too slow, broke to easy and didnt like to keep a tune. worst of all, it was like $250! way overpriced IMO. but i have owned a traxxas rustler vxl that was just awsome!

but its only human nature to dislike a company if you bought one model and it sucked.
Old 01-14-2011, 12:46 PM
psuweasel

I too have had nothing but good things to say about Redcat.

I've emailed them 2 times about 2 seperate issues, and they have responded quickly, and replaced both broken items.
1 of the issues wasn't even about a car, it was a issue with the electric starter.

FullBore can understandably be upset, but it also sounds like redcat tried to take care of his problem.
It would suck if your kids christmas present was broke out of the box, but I've had other things broken out of the box,
or things couldn't be assembled because of missing parts, or broken parts.
I'vealso had to take a new car back tothe dealer with less than 100 miles on it. And didn't get it backfor over 2 weeks.

Point is the warranty isoffered, but has to be used, and part of the warranty is following thecompany's policy.

Old 01-14-2011, 02:37 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

They (Redcat Racing) responded to me after I forwarded my original email again.
Old 01-14-2011, 03:58 PM
fullbore55

Not a hater, just pissed. I shipped the radio, receiver, and esc back to redcat. I spent about $250 for the GP plus $11 for shipping some parts back. Overall no complaints with price.
Old 01-14-2011, 04:30 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

ORIGINAL: fullbore55

Not a hater, just pissed. I shipped the radio, receiver, and esc back to redcat. I spent about $250 for the GP plus $11 for shipping some parts back. Overall no complaints with price.
glad to hear you sent the parts in. i am sure that they will figure out what was wrong and get it fixed for you.
and i completely understand you being pissed that the truck didnt work brand new.
Old 01-14-2011, 06:34 PM
1ofmyfuns

I got my diff kits from Redcat today they sent me 2 full sets of gears so I can rebuild and correctly shim front and rear now, that was very quick I got a mail 2 days ago saying the parts were shipped and today they're here, Thanks Redact arcing and Thanks Billy for taking care of me so well.

these guys are doing there best to make all issues right with and for the customer so how about we all give them the benefit of the doubt and they will come trough on any logit claim or issue I'm sure, you just dont find service like this much anymore and it is a real pleasure to find it for a change...

Peace, ShanG.
Old 08-03-2012, 10:22 AM
AmazingRCstore

Definitely,  Billy is great. Redcat has great customer service and they are always willing to help as much as they can.