Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring
Reload this Page >

Super Glider 2.6m balance center

Notices
RC Gliders, Sailplanes and Slope Soaring Discuss rc gliders,rc sailplanes and slope soaring in this forum. Thermaling techniques, airfoils, tips, etc

Super Glider 2.6m balance center

Old 04-10-2010, 09:06 AM
jmracing.pl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Super Glider 2.6m balance center

I have Super Glider 2.6M form nitroplanes.com it's great, but can't find in manual very importat thing. Where put balance center on the wing? Please help.

ID of plane is 90A124_Sailplane-MiniVentus
Old 04-10-2010, 10:44 AM
AH1G

Default RE: Super Glider 2.6m balance center

I also have a "Super Glider"; the one page "plans" are severly lacking in details. I'll try and find them and get back to you. I do remember that the CG is shown as "X" mm/in behind the leading edge.
I still have not been able to find an aileron servo that will not protrude out of the bottom of the wing, so mine has been on the shelf for 8 months.
Old 01-21-2011, 06:26 AM
onecyclinder

Is this the same super glider the wings sweep foreward? There is nothing on the sheet that you don't know and the balance is not correct! I tried to fly it three times with lots of help, even made new wing-lets...no good! So I've decited to build new wings because I've learned how to cut foam and fiberglass. By-the-way there no servos with enough tork that fitthe wing...just glue to the cover and screw the cover down. Three crashes and fueslage and wings still in tack and working!
Old 01-21-2011, 10:46 AM
AH1G

No, the wings are straight tapered with "winglets" attached by two pins. A real funky setup. the winglets are made from glass, have a radius of about a pencil eraser at the joint with the wing and they are also warped. The fuselage glass work is some of the worst I have ever seen. The servo problem remains, the molded servo covers are supposed to be sufficient to mount the servos with double sided tape and then screwed down to the wing, pretty cheesey, The covers are about as thin a Saran wrap too.
Why I every bought an arf is beyond me, never again.