Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Weatronic - dual antennas

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Weatronic - dual antennas

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 12:47 AM
lawrenceRCman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weatronic - dual antennas

Can someone tell me or show me how they mounted their Weatronic - dual antennas. Can they be mounted inside the jet or is it better to be mounted outside the fuselarge via whip antennas?
Thanks,
Lawrence
Old 03-28-2008, 01:00 AM
swissflyer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Weatronic - dual antennas

i use a wea in a baby boomerang.

the first antenna goes to a whip one on the nose, the second one goes out underneat the fuse..outside

good ground range and no a single frame loss
Old 03-28-2008, 01:27 AM
Billy
My Feedback: (15)

I used one inside the fuse on a Dean's antenna and the other was stung inside as well down the fuse. Awesome range and never had a problem.

Billy
Old 03-28-2008, 05:33 AM
CraigG
My Feedback: (40)

Received 35 Likes on 21 Posts

ORIGINAL: Billy

I used one inside the fuse on a Dean's antenna and the other was stung inside as well down the fuse. Awesome range and never had a problem.

Billy
Ditto with my Weatronic setup. You can check the signal strength for each receiver after the flight and I have found the values for both antennas to be very similar throughout the flight.

Craig
Old 03-28-2008, 08:07 AM
ddennison

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

HI Guys,

Can you tell me how to set my Jetcat Failsafe with the Weatronic/JR combo?

Also, can you setup a program for the receiver on the laptop without actually being connected to the receiver? For instance, If I want to setup my travel, direction, groups etc, can I only ddo that when plugged into the receiver?

As you can tell I am just getting started with mine!

Thanks for the advice,
Dave
Old 03-28-2008, 11:14 AM
CraigG

ORIGINAL: ddennison

HI Guys,

Also, can you setup a program for the receiver on the laptop without actually being connected to the receiver? For instance, If I want to setup my travel, direction, groups etc, can I only ddo that when plugged into the receiver?

Thanks for the advice,
Dave
Dave,

To answer your second question first, you can do a certain amount of programing without being connected to the receiver but other than the basic settings you probably don't want to. I have found you really need to be connected to the servos to see what you are actually setting. Additonally, any changes you make (and SAVE) are stored in the RX but I haven't figured out yet how to store them on my computer.

As far as setting up the failsafe for JetCat, do not use the method described in the JetCat manual. Just set up the Learn R/C normally and then go to the Weatronic "Servo Settings" page and click on the "Failsafe Type" block for the throttle channel until you get an "F". Now right click on the F and select "Set position". Drag the center (vertical) axis all the way left or right (can't remember if it's + or -) and click OK. With your GSU plugged in, Tx and Rx on, turn off your Rx and see if you get the fail safe indication on the GSU. If not, move the vertical axis to the other side and repeat. Once you get it right, click "Save Configuration" on the Servo Settings screen.

Despite the Weatronic manual claim of being "...self-explanatory and can be used easily, even by individuals, who are no skilled PC professionals", many parts of it are difficult to understand (and I am certainly "no skilled PC professional"). You will find as you play around with it though, you will gradually start to figure it out. It's really pretty neat once you do.

Craig
Old 03-28-2008, 03:42 PM
David Gladwin

Received 143 Likes on 92 Posts

ORIGINAL: CraigG

ORIGINAL: ddennison

HI Guys,

Thanks for the advice,
Dave
Dave,
Additonally, any changes you make (and SAVE) are stored in the RX but I haven't figured out yet how to store them on my computer.

Craig

Craig, Unless I have misunderstood you, storing on your laptop is easy. After all your settings are saved to your receiver, go back to info page. Click on Store Setings. You will then see window open asking you where you want to store the file. select as required. You can then download in reverse. by clicking load setting.

I store all my settings on the laptop in case I make a mistake, can then go back to the original.

Just transferred my Hawk settings from a 35 MHz DR to 2 DRs on 36, took seconds.

Wonderful piece of electronics, Regards, David.
Old 03-28-2008, 03:54 PM
CraigG

ORIGINAL: David Gladwin

Craig, Unless I have misunderstood you, storing on your laptop is easy. After all your settings are saved to your receiver, go back to info page. Click on Store Setings. You will then see window open asking you where you want to store the file. select as required. You can then download in reverse. by clicking load setting.

I store all my settings on the laptop in case I make a mistake, can then go back to the original.

Just transferred my Hawk settings from a 35 MHz DR to 2 DRs on 36, took seconds.

Wonderful piece of electronics, Regards, David.
Thanks David,

I get really nervous with the Save and Store functions, always afraid I'm going to dump the whole thing somehow. I need to do what you explained as a backup but also recognize that each time I make a change to the Rx I need to re-store the computer file (to keep them consistent).

Craig
Old 03-28-2008, 04:14 PM
ddennison

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you David and Craig.

I will be giving a try any day now!

Criaig...the A10 will be a 2009 Maiden....but I am going to fly the hell out of my F22 and F18 this summer
Hope we can Hawg around next year!

Might hit you guys up for some other questions as I go down this road. Thanks for your help.

Dave Dennison
Old 01-29-2011, 07:29 AM
DennyD
My Feedback: (10)

not sure if this is the right place to go but i'm having trouble setting up the throttle and trim setting on my jetcat P80. I'm new to jets but have set up a simjet with no problems. When I go through the program , low trim , high trim, low throttle, no problems but when i set the high throttle the green light just keeps blinking and the screen go to a display that shows battary at 7.1 and temp at 20C. I am not using the aux channel set discussed in the manual. I understan this is optional. Can anyone help ?

Thanks,

Denny