Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

New gas mono shopping

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

New gas mono shopping

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2011, 04:24 PM
seawolf31635-1661
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: New gas mono shopping

Hi Mr Ron David jr won heat88 yesterday and it was real windy and choppy and he did not get a good start his boat runs real good I have 3 of the small microburst 30" I have put a put a BH 5.9 231 in a red one and a andy Brown x670 and that thing would lite the water up on a glassy lake got one with mac45 & one with mac67 they are like rockets had macs for a long time some of the last ones andy had .Ive ran ops more and k&bs and saved my mac s .Ithink you can,t go wrong with the new 51 cause everybody is going to somthing bigger motors and all just like the whiplite I got to go mr Ron talk to you later My wife filmed that when she got off from work and she had to get in a shade to se the sreen on the camera Dennis
Old 01-29-2011, 09:04 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Somebody is long-winded!
The money was already sent out on Monday so the hull should be on its way possibly later in the week to sometime the week after
I've been watching the races since practice on Wednesday when I get the chance. Antron Brown seemed to be doing well with his Rampage and I think that Carlo is racing his also but then again those are in the hands of someone who knows what they're doing. To me, a boat in the hands of a Joe Average is better proof.
Right now I'm tossing around in hitting the Hobart Masters/Clock Tower race and/or the Gas Nat's in Celina. Celina is a much tougher place to race at between those two as there is a lot of rip-rap in the form of chunks of old cement road from turn one to turn 4 that bounces back across the pond. You want to make sure that you have a trustworthy radio system there!
Old 01-30-2011, 04:24 PM
seawolf31635-1661

Yeah i think the boat you are getting will be a good boat up in Ohio water is more slick and glassy haven,t had a lot of test time down here in south G.a about 30min from blue lake where they do time trials Sergio is putting me together a new gas twin hope to get in sone Gizmo mod motors cnc and Qd pipes sergio is going to put a set of props on the rigger and set it up for me .And when i get use to driving it im going too give Andy Brown a call and go down to LiveOak where he lives and get with him on some props if he is not to busy . Up in sycamore G.a where they race boats it gets kind of windy there and the 51" mono will run good there don,t know about Atlanta G.a never been up there yet hope to go ther this year if my health holds out .Ive had my back cut on in july L-5 s-1 joint busted and the disk gone plus i have sugar and had colon serg & knee serg & rotator cuff serg x3 on left shoulder my wife says im faling apart gona try to make all the races this year if the good lord is willing .Talk to you later Mr Ron maybe one day ill get to see you in person Dennis everybody here at home calls me Big D
Old 01-30-2011, 08:55 PM
Ron Olson

I seem to know a lot of people around Georgia from these sites, mostly from around the Hotlanta area.
The water up here at most of the sites isn't too bad as most of the races that I've hit seem to be protected from the wind with a lot of trees. Celina, Ohio is a different story. I've seen in the middle of heats the waves bouncing back across the pond and holes in the water just coming out of turn 6. It's like something under the water reaches up and grabs the boats pulling them under. If you believe in pond monsters, that pond has got to have one! We feed them blown glow plugs up here, I don't know what the gas guys feed them.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:13 AM
Ron Olson

Just another update.
Denny e-mailed me last night and the Rampage is shipping out today!
Well, you know what that means, my funeral should be a week fom Tuesday as I haven't told my wife yet that I bought another boat!

Hey Mitch, throw some shots in here of your new baby.
Old 02-04-2011, 10:29 AM
mistycreekboats

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Ron
Maybe our wife's can get a package deal ......... I spoke with Andy (ACBoats) a few weeks back and as I'm in his neck of the woods next week he has a nice fresh from the mold Blast Cat for me ........ did I meantion ... I forgot somehow to tell my wife ............. I think mine will be Friday when I get home ...........

Oh I don't like flowers so donations can be made to RCforum of your choice ...lol

Randy
Old 02-15-2011, 09:13 AM
Ron Olson

Guess what just showed up a little while ago? OK, dumb question if you've been following this thread.
Yuppers! I unpacked it outside and just had to take a couple of shots of it.
Now to get some time to work on it si there may be some late night work on it
Momma still doesn't know about this yet that I know of but she may be suspicious as there's been quite a few boxes showing up the past week here, one a kinda big-un with a lot of hardware in it yesterday. My kid called me at work wanting to open that one.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh15214.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	1564133   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ok29052.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	1564134  
Old 02-15-2011, 10:27 AM
mistycreekboats

Cool ...... looks good ..... my Environmental Manager walked by when I was looking at pic and said " Now that's a nice Enviro-friendly color" .......... I think that's a good thing ....... LOL
Old 02-15-2011, 08:22 PM
Ron Olson

Not me! I've been leaving a rather large carbon footprint for years!
The sunlight was a little weird when I took those shots so the color didn't come out like it should as it's supposed to be more of a Kawasaki green.
Old 02-16-2011, 01:50 PM
seawolf31635-1661

Hi Ron I like the Kawasaki green & white by the looks of the white stuff on the ground you have plenty of build time .I was hoping to get my twin gas rigger from Sergio this week i was wanting to go racing at sycamore this weekend but it has noy got here yet maby i will get it before the spring races get here in atlanta but anyway you have anice boat there wish i had one got too many allready but still want more .My wife said when i die she was going to have her a rc boat yard sale cause the and the shop and bedrooms all have boats in them and her china hut is a motor storage place for nitros .
Old 02-16-2011, 03:47 PM
mtchbnntt
My Feedback: (2)

here are some pics of mine, theyare when i first finished her. It now has some decal on her, i post some new ones when i get a chance.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv63477.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	1565037   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pk29442.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	95.3 KB
ID:	1565038   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yd83472.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	1565039   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jd87308.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	1565040  
Old 02-16-2011, 08:45 PM
Ron Olson

I didn't get the decals from Denny but I'm going to have my sister laser cut me some anyway. I'll probably send him some when they're done as they'll say "RAMPAGE...BABY!" in the font that they're using and done in different colors. If you want ot hang on I can throw some in the mail for you also.
This Saturday will be the serious thrashing day right after I hit a local RC swap meet. I had some headers laying around but dug all over the basement for them. I did finally find them this morning out in my trailer stuffed inside a toolbox. I'm kind of thinking of just using a 90 degree header as one of my very few deviations from yours amd Marc's build from MGB. One other is that I have a slightly different strut from Speedmaster. The strut part is the same but the mounting bracket is different. I do have the one used in Marc's build and yours but that one is going with another mono in the shop that a buddy wants.
Old 02-17-2011, 02:04 PM
ByronRC

Still waiting on mine[&o] but hey, my girl bought it for me so no hiding for me on this time.lol
Old 02-17-2011, 02:50 PM
mistycreekboats

Ron

Did you tell "her" yet?????? You still seem to be able to type so guess you still have use of your upper limbs .................
Old 02-17-2011, 07:58 PM
mtchbnntt

thx Ron but, i got some decals they are silver and look darker at different angles. I like the strut you have better, thats the older one they are easier to adjust. If you want the best prop we have ever tested on the Rampage PM me on Jim's and i will give you the #'s on it, its one of brent's. The 6717/3 425 and 430 are really good props on this boat but, the one we have from Brent is a cut about them and he is the only one that makes this prop!
Old 02-17-2011, 08:48 PM
Ron Olson

ORIGINAL: ByronRC

Still waiting on mine[&o] but hey, my girl bought it for me so no hiding for me on this time.lol
Lucky dog!
My wife has gotten me a couple of gift certificates from the LHS's but nothing like a boat! [&o] OK, she did get me an Airtronics FM radio once, that was a surprise.
Mitch, I can use all the help that I can get. With the Gas Nat's coming up this fall I want to be a contender, not just an also-ran. That's one tough pond there and that's not even mentioning the competition. Denny only told me what I already knew from reading the article on MGB.
I can find the 6717/3 430 easy enough but the 425 is a little harder but I think that Gregg from VooDoo might have it. I do have some 6717/3's from Zippkits but it appears that they're pitched too high for running on a mono but they work fine on my Cat's. Please PM me the hot prop and I'll keep it between you and me.

As far as I know, the wife hasn't found out yet but it's almost sitting in plain sight in the basement. I don't care as she's hit me up for a lot of money the past couple of weeks anyway, almost what the hull cost me so far and I think that's she's about to hit me up again.
Old 02-17-2011, 11:05 PM
misshydro

ORIGINAL: Ron Olson

Guess what just showed up a little while ago? OK, dumb question if you've been following this thread.
Momma still doesn't know about this yet that I know of but she may be suspicious as there's been quite a few boxes showing up the past week here, one a kinda big-un with a lot of hardware in it yesterday. My kid called me at work wanting to open that one.
OMG!!! Joe was wright about the color!!!!!!![:'(]
Old 02-18-2011, 05:01 AM
Ron Olson

ORIGINAL: misshydro

ORIGINAL: Ron Olson

OMG!!! Joe was wright about the color!!!!!!![:'(]
Oh no, not you too! Joe gave me enough flak about it when I sent him those shots from my cell phone. Really, the green looks better than it appears in those shots. I'll have some updated ones this weekend.
Old 02-18-2011, 06:24 AM
rcguy1411

best place to hide things is in plane sight just came from the lhs placed three parts on the kitchen table nothing but when she went to grab the keys for the car and FOUND a new prop for my TC 31 all i heard was what are you trying to hide stuff from me now and i wasnt hiding it as it was an afterthought and didn t through it in the bag with the other stuff that i was hiding from her lol
Old 02-18-2011, 07:27 AM
Ron Olson

I could go on and on with stories about trying to slide stuff by the wife. She didn't know about the Falcon 41 either but when DHL delivered it I was of course excited. It was a young kid that brought it and he asked what was in the box. I said "wanna see?" and he did. There I was with him and I ripping the box open out in the front yard and it was packed with foam sheets, bubble wrap and packing peanuts. It was a breezy day and stuff was flying all over the yard. Wel, the wife calls and says that she's on the way home, not too far away. OK, panic in the streets! Throw the hul in the box and head towards the basement to stash it. She gets home and asks me if I'm going to clean up the mess out front. About 2 days later she asked what I got this time so I showed her.
Last weekeend I had my son polishing the hardware that I had on the Laser 45 that's going on this boat. Not a word out of her as to why he was doing that. I know that she's seen my checkbook also as she asked if I was buying any more boat stuff. I knew that she knew then. Check stubs to Denny, Cooper Pipes and Gary Preusse kind of give me away.
Tomorrow I'm hitting a local RC swap meet so when I get home I expect to hear "So, what did you buy now?". Next month is the Fort Wayne, IN swap meet where there's a lot of boat goodies.
Old 02-18-2011, 06:15 PM
seawolf31635-1661

You made my day today mr Ron with all the peanuts and stuff in the yard flying around thats about like me I ran down the UPS man got my boat and had it in the trunk of the car went around to the back yardof the house got it out of the car and my wife seen me through the window when i was going around back of shop and hid it in the shop came inside afterwhile and after eating lunch wife got up told all 3 bull dogs lets go outside on the way out she reached and got a set of keys to shop Ididn,t know it her and the dogs came in and she said where was the big box that I took out of the car at dinner ? I thought too my self fast it ,s in the shop & she said where ! I did,nt see anywhere and what was it .I then said it was a boat that belonged to a friend of mine Davy and I picked it up for him the next day Davy called and Rose got the phone and said Hi Davy i saw your new boat that came from the man in Cal. it shure was purty I walked in the side door of the house and heard tell Davy you just wait Im gona get him for telling me lies and Son did she ever but can,t help it like kid for the first time all over again .Going to the races in the morning in south G,a she told today I found out you got that new microburst hull up there the last time you went and that wasn,t all was it .I seen that carnard coverd up in the back of the shop and new pipes one of them had Insaine on the box thats whats going to happen to you im gona nock you insaine if you go up there tomorrow and try to sneak more stuff home you tell Honey thats the last one and then she laughs at me .Well gona go for now and get camcorders cargering for tomorrow Ill see later Mr Ron Dennis
Old 02-22-2011, 10:02 PM
Ron Olson

Just an update.
I got a lot done on the boat Saturday while the other half was away, all of the hardware hung on the transom and the RCMK half-way mounted in it. I haven't had a chance to shoot any pix as my main squeeze has been home with a nasty flu bug and just getting power back after getting hit with an ice storm. My yard is a mess with broken tree limbs but not as bad as some neighbors got it.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:29 PM
juicr

Hey Ron you should mount the motor last. You want the CG to be 14 1/2. Complete the boat with box, servos, and everything. Then move the motor forward or back to get the proper CG.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:29 PM
Ron Olson

I threw everything into the radio box before working on the CG, hopefully I got it close. The problem once it does hit the water is that most of the places that I dial in at usually have flat water even when there is a decent wind blowing so I'll have ot set it up somewhat wet. I already learned that lesson as when I raced my other boats last year, in racing water they were too loose.
Before I get too far into the racing season I'll probably have to send the engines out for some tweaking so that at least the boat will see your roostertail! It's going o be a fun summer!
Old 02-23-2011, 08:59 PM
Delinport

Sure would be nice to see some pictures of your boat Ron

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.