Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

manual mode jetcat.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

manual mode jetcat.

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 02:45 PM
smokey- joe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default manual mode jetcat.

help jet newbe, i cant acsess the manual mode on jetcat p70 gsu. i press the button an nothing,i've tryed holding the manual button and turning the reciver on, screen display says, access code,im trying too set the fuel pump up to prime the fuel lines.
Old 06-30-2006, 03:13 PM
DelGatoGrande
My Feedback: (23)

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: manual mode jetcat.

this that you try to do is NOT necesery.

just start your turbine.worst case it wond start until the lines r primed....if r not...u leak.

....also do your self a big favor...
read turbines manual many many times.

also have someone next to you all the time to help you .

take care
Old 06-30-2006, 03:24 PM
smokey- joe

hi george. thats great thankyou im starting too feel a little less stressed now. erm ive read the manual a few times but this is all new to me an havent got much confidence. any other hints an tips on programming would be appreciated
Old 06-30-2006, 03:35 PM
smokey- joe

another question, why wont it let me access the manual mode?????????????????????????????????????????????? ???????????do i need too i dont know
Old 06-30-2006, 05:07 PM
Charts

Is this the first time you've attempted to run the engine?

I run a P80 and bench tested it before it went into my model. I didn't need to 'prime' the lines at all, it just fired up, first run.

Not sure if the P70 is different, never used one, but I thought all Jet Cats worked the same.

Hope this helps

Chris
Old 06-30-2006, 05:18 PM
UK_Flyer

Your in the UK, there's a lot of very knowledgeable people and manchester wont be too far from any of them or at least a Jet fly location.

Far Far braver person then i to be starting a turbine without having done it before or having somebody with you.
Old 06-30-2006, 05:31 PM
afterburner
My Feedback: (18)

Smokey,
The manual says to prime the system using the "test-functions menu". Select "pump testvolt" and then press the change value/item button to run the pump. Remember to have the line to the engine disconnected from the engine as to not flood it. I believe you can download the manual at jetcatusa.com.

Marty
Old 06-30-2006, 05:42 PM
Gordon Mc
My Feedback: (11)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had the GSU buttons stop working a couple of times ; opned the case up and found tat the "extensoins" that are added on top o fthe switches hasve come loose. A touch of glue fixed all.
Old 06-30-2006, 05:54 PM
smokey- joe

hey chaps.errrrrrrrr rite, yes im a total newbe to jets. what i know about jets you could write on a back of match box. hee hee, i've not tried to start the turbine yet every time it makes a noise im beside myself hah hah. i know that everything is all connected correctly as i tested it in the test mode. i relise that i dont need too prime the fuel lines now, but i cant understand why i cant get into the manual mode. i follow instructions and it doesnt work?????????????????????????????????????????????? ????? any jet pilots in manchester/lancishire/wigan/ashton???????????????thanks for all your posts it is much appreciated and more.
matt,,,,,,,,
Old 07-01-2006, 04:05 AM
siclick33

Do you have the correct manual for your ECU version?

Just a guess as I'm pretty sure some of the menus changed and the older manuals are not much use with a new ECU.
Old 07-01-2006, 04:36 AM
Countryboy
My Feedback: (25)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: smokey- joe

help jet newbe, i cant acsess the manual mode on jetcat p70 gsu. i press the button an nothing,i've tryed holding the manual button and turning the reciver on, screen display says, access code,im trying too set the fuel pump up to prime the fuel lines.
smokey- joe,

Below are the instructions as pulled from the Jetcat USA web site. The manual mode is no longer used in the latest ECU version.

Prime the pump and system.
To prime the fuel pump and fuel lines (or for fuel pump test purposes), it is necessary to
open the fuel shutoff valve and run the fuel pump manually. For this purpose, use the
Test–Functions Menu selection, Pump TestVolt. This test opens the fuel valve and
acts as a speed control for running the pump.
Extremely Important:
Pump Test allows the fuel pump to operate without the turbine running. However, if the
fuel feed line is not removed from the turbine during this procedure; it will become
flooded with fuel. When this occurs, the next turbine start can become highly
combustible!
Before activating the pump test mode, ALWAYS remove the fuel feed line
connected to the turbine.
Press the Change Value/Item key to run the pump. If you want to change the voltage
the pump runs at, press either the â—„ - or â–º+ while pressing the Change Value/Item
key.

Test Functions
The new Test Function Menu
For owners of our previous ECU, the Manual mode is no longer implemented. Instead, a
new expanded set of test functions are available from the Test–Functions Menu.
This
menu is selected while pressing the Select Menu key, press the â—„ - or â–º + key until
the menu is displayed. To test the selected component, press the Change Value/Item
key. To change the fuel pump or glow plug voltage when testing, while pressing the
Change Value/Item key, press the â—„ - or â–º+ key. The following functions are
available ->
• Run the fuel pump with a programmable voltage. This is principally used to prime
the fuel system.
• Test the glow plug and/or set the voltage.
• Test the starting gas valve.
• Test the smoker valve.
• Test the fuel valve.
• EGT offset information.
Old 07-01-2006, 04:36 PM
John Redman
My Feedback: (8)

Smokey-Joe,

You do not wnat to access the manual mode. You need a special code for that, and it is only for the factory boys.

Prime the fuel pump and lines as stated above and then follow the instructions on how to start the engine.

You should never need to hold any button down on the GSU when you turn the plane on.
Old 07-01-2006, 04:54 PM
Kevin Greene
My Feedback: (85)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

John---To teach the ECU to the RC system----On page 33 in my manual it states on line 3: "While pressing "Select Menu" key on the ECU, switch on the receiver." Or, you have to press the button on the I/O board to do the accomplish the same thing...When you stated that you do not need to press the key down while switching on the Rx did you just mean to prime the pump??? I'm a JetCat newby and I'm just a little confused by the conflicting info....[&:]

Kevin
Old 01-30-2011, 06:22 AM
DennyD
My Feedback: (10)

Hi Kevin,

another newbe here, but i believe you are right. you need to hold the button dow for that function. I have tried to get into the manual mode for a week. Thaanks to john post all in clear but i do have a question for anyone looking. is it reallyecessary to also set up an aux channel. I'm not sure what this is for.

Thanks for info.

Denny
Old 01-30-2011, 06:24 AM
DennyD

Hi Kevin,

another newbe here, but i believe you are right. you need to hold the button down for that function. I have tried to get into the manual mode for a week. Thaanks to johns post all is clear but i do have a question for anyone looking. is it really necessary to also set up an aux channel. I'm not sure what this is for.

Thanks for info.

Denny
Old 01-30-2011, 06:44 AM
BaldEagel

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You can have single channel, just throttle and trim or dual channel that uses another channel as well as the throttle and trim, it is not necessary to use dual channel if you don't want to, the problem with the Aux enabled is that it puts an instant stop facility on your Tx, if you hit that switch whilst flying you have an instant flame out, not good IMO.

Do download the JetCat US manual it is far more comprehensive than the one supplied by most retailers in the UK and Germany, I don't know if this has changed recently as I have not bought a new turbine for about 18months, but my new P20 arrives this week sometime.

Also you will get a more specific responce if you post on the JetCat section of the Turbine Clinic forum, its at the top of the RC Jets page.

Mike
Old 01-30-2011, 01:08 PM
DennyD

Thank much Mike,

That helps

Denny