Notices
Cars & Trucks - Full Scale Discuss full scale cars & trucks here

Give me some advice for new car

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 08:38 PM
gc1288

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Give me some advice for new car

Hey guys! First, I will like to describe my situation at this moment. I am an undergraduate majoring in Mechanical Engineering. When I graduate, I will like to go to graduate school and obtain a career in the automotive industry. I love cars, but I never had the life of being able to build a project car with my dad. Thats not the type of family I have. Also, I live in New York.

I have been loving cars ever since I laid my eyes on a Toyota supra when I was 9 years ago. I want to buy a car so that I can work on it (make it perform better and faster, put aftermarket engine parts, stuff like that) and understand the structure and fundamentals of engines, transmissions, etc. Let me tell you, I am not rich, nor are my parents (family income...$25,000/yr ). I only have $1500 saved up. I am more interested in purchasing old import cars (2nd generation Integra's, civics, etc.) but I wouldn't mind a 1988-1991 Mustang or something along that line. What do you guys suggest I do?
Old 05-13-2009, 06:20 PM
moe7404

Default RE: Give me some advice for new car

moe in wichita ks first off, the first job you get start saving for retirement, at first you may be able to only save but 5% but when you get a raise bump it up. in 10 to 20 years you should be saving 20%. i dont know any thing about investmets, but stay a way from the stock market. and dont buy whole life ins, buy term insurance as soon as you can, get at least $500,000, better $1,000,000. also you could have your own copany. to start a co it takes lots of thinking, planing, start small, when you get big enough go llc, and dont break any laws, keep good records. good luck [email protected]
about cars, if you are trying to make money with cars stay with american cars ONLY. if for transportation still STAY with american cars. and do LOTS of reading about the model you are working with.
Old 05-26-2009, 06:48 AM
HJJFFFAA

American cars blow.
Old 02-01-2011, 01:24 AM
JackSwagger

Hi gc,
If you want to buy an old car in $1500 then you should look for the pre owned cars,they will be cheap as well as fulfill your requirement.You can buy the car in the stallments,Finencing a car will be a better option,you will have time to pay the money,and can start working on the car you buy.

Mazda 3 engine
Old 03-05-2013, 03:36 AM
benlinus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have Bug Crusher Nitro RC Monster Trucks Version. This is a great looking ******** Monster Truck. Many of the components are the same as those of the Acme Conquistador as the high power gear ratio, aluminum shocks, large size 18 engine and high ground clearance. There are only a few differences. The Bugcrusher has a beautiful color. We have taken the buggy and a beautiful color of us put ourselves out. Big tires big aluminum shocks this is one of the beautiful and fast monster trucks.

Old 08-15-2014, 06:52 PM
AbramBender

Dealers are allowed to mark up interest rates on loans they arrange, usually without the knowledge of consumers. However, in order to keep their consumer intact, car dealers reduce their finance markup and insurance. Look no further, all of the details you will need is at MatchFinancial.com!
Old 11-24-2015, 09:37 AM
Rocket-J
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

An Old Honda Civic. Tons of them around. Many parts available. Lots of mods for Honda's. If taken to extreme with turbo's and other goodies, they can be very fast.
Have fun.
Old 04-10-2016, 04:58 AM
WhiteRook
My Feedback: (38)

buy a volvo , their tougher than nails
Old 03-27-2020, 02:01 PM
arno5i

You should fit and they feel fast in a deathwish sort of way with a 4.10 rear end.