Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

Official MONSTER XX Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 03:24 AM
TXRickC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official MONSTER XX Truck Thread

well since getting the Extreme Machines back in September, I've really gotten bit by the R/C bug. 2nd was a Traxxas Stampede VXL and now a Traxxas 1/16 Rally VXL.

Does anything think there would be any interest in selling a used Extreme Machines?
I added Metal Ball Bearings, Aluminum Front Knuckles, Alum. C-Hubs, Alum. Tie-Rods turnbuckles, Alum. Hex Kingpin Screws, Alum. Front cup joints, Hard Steel shafts.
I got tired of waiting for the DF02 items from Hong Kong and got the Stampede then the Rally and have not messed with the Extreme Machines since.

Need a spare or parts? Make Offer [8D]

Old 01-23-2011, 08:29 PM
Dragonii

Never thought about the flex, good call. I'll skip the aluminum arms. Thanks. As for the top suspension arms I was thinking of using the adjustable turnbuckle type instead of the straight aluminum anyway.

I would really like to use the red GPM parts instead of the blue that Yeah Racing makes, but the only place that Ican find the red is RCmart and they are out of stock on most of the parts at the moment.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:05 AM
varunaX

has anyone turned their's on and had the car not respond at all to the transmitter? no steering or throttle input at all. i was playing with the car a bit (after a 1.5 week hiatus) and then all of a sudden the car stopped responding. im not really sure why. im hoping its the battery, so i will give it a full charge tonight to see, but can anyone else think of what it may be? water damage?
Old 01-24-2011, 01:33 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

could be ESC is shot and not powering the radio, or the receiver is toast IMO
Old 01-25-2011, 09:23 AM
varunaX

false alarm. turns out the battery was 100%dead, which i didnt even think could happen. fyi the self discharge rate in the stock battery must be incredibly high, cause i only left it alone for 1.5 weeks and it pretty much completely discharged on its own.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:33 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: varunaX

false alarm. turns out the battery was 100% dead, which i didnt even think could happen. fyi the self discharge rate in the stock battery must be incredibly high, cause i only left it alone for 1.5 weeks and it pretty much completely discharged on its own.
ahh damn mis-read your post thought it said I gave it a full charge
Actually that is not abnormal discharge rate. I had a venom that would lose 20% of its charge per day.
Old 01-26-2011, 03:56 PM
varunaX

hey my front right tire appears wobbly when it spins. its not going straightly end over end if you know what i mean. i took it off and inspected it, it seemed okay. i rotated the tire and still saw the problem . do you know what what cause the wobblyness of a tire's rotation?
Old 01-26-2011, 04:06 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: varunaX

hey my front right tire appears wobbly when it spins. its not going straightly end over end if you know what i mean. i took it off and inspected it, it seemed okay. i rotated the tire and still saw the problem . do you know what what cause the wobblyness of a tire's rotation?
the tires themselves

Actually I noticed this today when testing out a RX on my HPI MT1 (put the tires off the extreme machine on it)
seems the wheels or the rims are WAY off balance.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:54 AM
J.D.T

move it to the back so it don't affect steering.
Old 01-28-2011, 11:29 AM
rayndog3

No solutions ended up coming from this thread for my issueso I picked up an XL-5 esc off ebay last nigh hoping that'll be the fix. when that comes in next weekI'll try that with the traxxas radio and receiver and see what happens. hopefully it cures my problems. I'm definitely gonna pick up a stampede within the next month too. I can't really splurge for the VXL just yet, so Its most likely gonna be the 2wd brushed version.

also, Iwantedto get a replacement front and rearshock tower from the supplier of the monster xx. it took me about 3 weeks to finally get in contact with themusing both phone and email, but they finally got back to me and sent me what I needed, plusa couple extra pieces they threwin the envelope.So they do have some kind of support for these.

Old 01-28-2011, 01:01 PM
J.D.T

why would you want a stampede if you got this truck, you can spend $1000 on a 2wd and it will still not bash as well as a cheap 4wd will IMO. Save your money for a 4wd truck or 1/8th buggy to build.
Old 01-28-2011, 05:18 PM
rayndog3

ORIGINAL: J.D.T

why would you want a stampede if you got this truck, you can spend $1000 on a 2wd and it will still not bash as well as a cheap 4wd will IMO. Save your money for a 4wd truck or 1/8th buggy to build.
well this is my son's truck, got it for him this christmas. Now I want one. and since you can't get the monster xx anymore I figured I'd get one of those. I was also thinkin of the duratrax evader. +

Old 01-30-2011, 01:45 PM
Atomika

I went to Target looking for any remaining Monsters the other day. (after driving mine my gf wants one) They went on clearance for $25!!!!!! & $15 for the 1:16!!!!! Needless to say they're aren't any with in a 100 mile radius of me. I did luck out on the clearance @ toy's r us tho. Picked up an Aqua Dodger ($80) for $17.95
Old 01-30-2011, 02:06 PM
Atomika

I went to Target looking for any remaining Monsters the other day. (after driving mine my gf wants one) They went on clearance for $25!!!!!! & $15 for the 1:16!!!!! Needless to say they're aren't any with in a 100 mile radius of me. I did luck out on the clearance @ toy's r us tho. Picked up an Aqua Dodger ($80) for $17.95
Old 01-31-2011, 11:23 PM
skcolb

I was looking to get a Monster XX for a robotics project, but it looks like I'm late to the party. The capability and price point are just right, but none of the Targets around me have any.

Is there anything similar out there, for a similar price? Thanks in advance, I'm completely new to hobby RC trucks.
Old 02-01-2011, 05:02 AM
rayndog3

Got the speed controller in and worked like a charm. Servo still made tons of noise no matter where the trim was set, yet it worked fine. A buddy of mine had a spareso we swapped it out and that ones fine. all seems ok now.

Old 02-01-2011, 08:52 AM
SyCo_VeNoM

ORIGINAL: skcolb

I was looking to get a Monster XX for a robotics project, but it looks like I'm late to the party. The capability and price point are just right, but none of the Targets around me have any.

Is there anything similar out there, for a similar price? Thanks in advance, I'm completely new to hobby RC trucks.
Tamiya Plasma Edge DF-02 kit costs $114 from tower(its setup as a buggy). Its the one the target truck was a bootleg of. It needs a battery, controller, and like 2-3 hours to build it.
Old 02-01-2011, 04:29 PM
fescue101

i just would like to say that these things a crap. they break with normal driving and they say u can get parts but they are out of stock on everything!!!! i wouldn't buyone for 1 dollar they are junk.

Old 02-01-2011, 04:33 PM
Krazy Chicken

must not be driving normal. or the cold is killing the truck. no need to flame the truck. just look up parts for the tamiya df02. direct replacements
Old 02-01-2011, 04:45 PM
fescue101

I bought a redcat racing tornado s30 nitro for 159.00 and it makes the monster xx look like a baby toy that breaks alot.
Old 02-01-2011, 04:52 PM
Krazy Chicken

good luck with that.
Old 02-01-2011, 04:53 PM
fescue101

whats that mean
Old 02-01-2011, 05:02 PM
fescue101

have you ever had a redcat?
Old 02-01-2011, 09:55 PM
skcolb

ORIGINAL: SyCo_VeNoM
Tamiya Plasma Edge DF-02 kit costs $114 from tower(its setup as a buggy). Its the one the target truck was a bootleg of. It needs a battery, controller, and like 2-3 hours to build it.
Thanks for the advice. I suppose $100 for a complete setup is a rare thing.

Old 02-02-2011, 05:41 AM
J.D.T

ORIGINAL: fescue101

have you ever had a redcat?
I have got numerous redcats on trade, don't got any left but I got two of the df 02 chassis on which this truck was based so you are way off IMO,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.