Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Boats > Speed - RC Gas Boats
Reload this Page >

**IMPBA GAS NATIONALS**

Community
Search
Notices
Speed - RC Gas Boats Discuss gas RC boats right here!

**IMPBA GAS NATIONALS**

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 06:34 PM
juicr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default **IMPBA GAS NATIONALS**

The 2011 IMPBA Gas Nats will be hosted by the Driftwood Model Boat Club and will be held in Celina Ohio on Sept 29th through Oct 2nd. There will be online signups and discounted motel rates for the racers. We will also be using the shootout format. The flier and more details coming soon.
Old 01-27-2011, 08:46 PM
Ron Olson
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Default RE: **IMPBA GAS NATIONALS**

Thanks for the update Chris.
As you know from chatting on the Me Time site today, I had heard some rumors that the Gas Nat's were going to be held in Celina again but another date was given which would have been in conflict with another event.
Now to decide which major one to hit as I really can't afford to go to both. Part of it is getting vacation time.
Old 01-28-2011, 05:37 AM
juicr

Hope to see you in Celina Ron. As you know, it's one of the best venues in the country.
Old 01-28-2011, 06:40 AM
Ron Olson

I was there in `07, just spending the day hanging out and watching the racing. It was the day before my birthday so I had to buy myself a present there. Had a heckuva time sneaking it in the house though, a 45" mono isn't easy to get by the wife.
I believe that shortly after I got there, your "partner in crime", Dale, had just won a heat and was in the points lead in the mono class.
Old 01-29-2011, 05:38 PM
juicr

Well at least ya got that new boat in without getting caught. My wife quit asking how much i spend on boats stuff, so now I don't have to lie anymore. Dale is indeed my right hand man. And he can drive pretty good too. Hope to see ya at some of the ponds in the district this year.
Old 01-29-2011, 08:35 PM
Ron Olson

I dunno, I think that the old lady was snooping around in my checkbook again as she asked me where all my money has gone the past few weeks and wanted to know if I'd bought any boat goodies lately.She might have seen one check for Cooper Pipes and one for Denny. She doesn't know about the M.O.'s and cashiers checks that have gone out!
Old 01-30-2011, 01:59 PM
juicr

Sometimes it is better to fly under the radar.
Old 01-30-2011, 08:41 PM
Ron Olson

Chris, watching the races from Orlando this weekend has gotten my juices flowing again! The management is going around booking vacation time already so I'd better hustle to see if I can get that week off also. I'm 2nd high in company time in my department so I've got a good shot at getting it right now as it's not in prime-time, Memorial Day to Labor Day.
'It was funny watching that race as just like the last Gas Nat's in Celina, you could tell who was from the north and who rolled up from the south. We up north were walking around in T-shirts while the southerners were dressed for winter!
Old 01-31-2011, 03:53 PM
juicr

The long winter relights the fire to run the boats for sure. I think that is why we have so many model boaters in this area. As far as the temps go, anything over 60 degrees is short sleeve weather for us northerners.
Old 01-31-2011, 08:55 PM
Ron Olson

Hey, I put in for that week off today so I should be there! I'm just hoping that I don't have to race against you.
The Rampage should be in hopefully in the next few weeks. I might have to bend your ear a little for some of your tricks. Hopefully Gregg will be at the Toledo show so I can stock up on a few props.
I've got the JAE 'rigger and 2 Cat's but am waiting to see if Tom Borisch has his new Crusher out way before then.
Old 02-01-2011, 01:09 PM
Chip_Mull

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anybody know of an organized group in the Dallas/Fort Worth area?
Old 02-01-2011, 06:11 PM
juicr

Glad to see you are going to Celina. The town people are always glad to see us racing at their site. Feel free to bend my ear on the Rampage. They are a fun boat to run and pretty easy to set up. And Chip, here is a link for clubs in Texas. Go to districts and click on district 7. www.namba.com
Old 02-02-2011, 07:47 PM
TFLHOBBY-Candy

wow.expectiving
Old 02-03-2011, 07:07 PM
redlinemotors

Looks like it will be close to home for me! Last time we came out was in 07, been a while. We had a great time and you guys put on a flawless event. I will write this one down in the calendar for sure.

Mike @ Redline
Old 02-03-2011, 09:16 PM
Ron Olson

Is the Driftwood club going to be putting it on by themselves or is the Cincinnati club also going to be involved like the last time?
I'll probably see most of those guys next month down at the swap meet in Fort Wayne.
Old 02-04-2011, 06:08 PM
juicr

The Driftwood club is going solo on the event with the help of a few other willing guys from D-2. Dan Kramer and crew are pretty exited as am I. Looking forward to seeing the Redline crew this fall. Not sure I met you at the 07 race Mike.