Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more
Reload this Page >

For those of you whining about how Slash 4x4 isn't a good racer....

Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

For those of you whining about how Slash 4x4 isn't a good racer....

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 07:19 PM
Freezetron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: For those of you whining about how Slash 4x4 isn't a good racer....

ORIGINAL: sloppyG

ORIGINAL: ozzie-crawl

maybe freezetron should read his own thread http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10273882/tm.htm
awesome, the 180 degree turn from not impressed to crazed fanatic

Fanantic? No. But im more understanding of the SC truck scene now that i've actually tried it in a pleasant and friendly atmosphere of local friends screwing around on a track as well as having most of my fears and doubts about traxxas products removed after having a Slash 4x4 for awhile to make up for the frustrating ownership that was my Revo 3.3 4 years ago.

Yes, I did just humble myself, so enjoy it, while it lasts
Old 02-09-2011, 08:52 PM
sloppyG

my revo 3.3 was great, I never had issues with that truck or motor

I must be one of the lucky ones
Old 02-09-2011, 09:07 PM
AdamW

Traxxas makes AWESOME products, their only problem is SH*TTY Moderators on their forums

No problems here with Traxxas trucks & I think they are amazing. Especially my Slash 4wd which puts the SC10 to shame in every way in my opinion. AE has gotta make more durable trucks.

Old 02-09-2011, 09:15 PM
ramp4ge

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The problem I see is that Traxxas started the Short Course craze. The Slash had a high CG and hard-ish tires and it was difficult to drive in a straight line. It loved to get it's tail out and it was easy to get sidewaysand it was GREAT this way! It started a whole new racing trend with a whole new driving style that anyone could get into and have fun with! Because the trucks handled like SCTs, they weren't crisp and sharp and finely-tuned vehicles like all the Associated and Losi stadium trucks that everyone was bored with.

So what happens?

SC10! "Oh God it has a low CG and it handles just like a stadium truck! IT'S GREAT!!"

Wait..Didn't you just defeat the purpose of having a new class?

And if you ask me, that's where SCTs started their downfall. It became a class of "Who has the most expensive, best-tuned hardcore race machine" instead of the "Out of the box stock fun" class that it started out as.

Now it's just stadium trucks with big bodies and skinny tires. It's lost it's charm.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:23 PM
ozzie-crawl

ORIGINAL: AdamW

Traxxas makes AWESOME products, their only problem is SH*TTY Moderators on their forums [img][/img]

No problems here with Traxxas trucks & I think they are amazing. Especially my Slash 4wd which puts the SC10 to shame in every way in my opinion. AE has gotta make more durable trucks.

bit hard to compare a 4wd slash to a 2wd sc10,two completely different sc trucks
Old 02-09-2011, 09:46 PM
ElectricGuy007

ORIGINAL: ramp4ge

The problem I see is that Traxxas started the Short Course craze. The Slash had a high CG and hard-ish tires and it was difficult to drive in a straight line. It loved to get it's tail out and it was easy to get sidewaysand it was GREAT this way! It started a whole new racing trend with a whole new driving style that anyone could get into and have fun with! Because the trucks handled like SCTs, they weren't crisp and sharp and finely-tuned vehicles like all the Associated and Losi stadium trucks that everyone was bored with.

So what happens?

SC10! ''Oh God it has a low CG and it handles just like a stadium truck! IT'S GREAT!!''

And if you ask me, that's where SCTs started their downfall. It became a class of ''Who has the most expensive, best-tuned hardcore race machine'' instead of the ''Out of the box stock fun'' class that it started out as.

Now it's just stadium trucks with big bodies and skinny tires. It's lost it's charm.
I have to disagree, it's gotten more popular here year after year.

ALOT OF TRACKS HAVE BROUGHT BACK BOX STOCK SLASH CLASS. Just not all of them.
It comes down to the driver not the way the truck is made. Slashes still make the A-main in my area sometimes.
The proline suspension kit makes the slash really competitive. You get the tuned shocks and upgraded A-arms.
Old 02-10-2011, 08:41 AM
FoamyVictim

ORIGINAL: ramp4ge

So what happens?

SC10! ''Oh God it has a low CG and it handles just like a stadium truck! IT'S GREAT!!''

And if you ask me, that's where SCTs started their downfall. It became a class of ''Who has the most expensive, best-tuned hardcore race machine'' instead of the ''Out of the box stock fun'' class that it started out as.

Gotta hate it when somebody goes and IMPROVES something... right?

Racing is racing, doesn't matter if its with a decked out SC10 or a stock Slash. That's why we have multiple classes. Spec Slash for the people who can't drive and think suffocating rules give them a chance at winning. Then there's the racing class, where we use racing equipment, not the JUNK that comes with RTRs. Sorry to hijack the thread, but this problem was solved LONG ago; multiple classes.
Old 02-10-2011, 08:58 AM
Justin B
My Feedback: (8)

And if you ask me, that's where SCTs started their downfall. It became a class of ''Who has the most expensive, best-tuned hardcore race machine'' instead of the ''Out of the box stock fun'' class that it started out as. Now it's just stadium trucks with big bodies and skinny tires. It's lost it's charm.
Shortcourse trucks have started to downfall? Really?? All of the SCT's are right around the same money new, tuning is free with a little knowledge and time unless you're just throwing money at it hoping to make up for poor driving.
Where I'm racing, shortcourse classes just keep getting bigger and bigger. 4wd is going to be huge this summer and is showing no signs of slowing down. The Slash still has it's own race, it's called spec racing and it's pretty much a new racers class or a second or third class for some guys. A modified Slash can be and is still competitive in the 2wd mod classes but it will need some work to hang with the other brands. Not everyone is in love with the way a Slash gets around a track or with Traxxas in general, to each his own I guess.
Old 02-10-2011, 09:22 AM
sloppyG

ORIGINAL: Justin B

And if you ask me, that's where SCTs started their downfall. It became a class of ''Who has the most expensive, best-tuned hardcore race machine'' instead of the ''Out of the box stock fun'' class that it started out as. Now it's just stadium trucks with big bodies and skinny tires. It's lost it's charm.
Shortcourse trucks have started to downfall? Really?? All of the SCT's are right around the same money new, tuning is free with a little knowledge and time unless you're just throwing money at it hoping to make up for poor driving.
Where I'm racing, shortcourse classes just keep getting bigger and bigger. 4wd is going to be huge this summer and is showing no signs of slowing down. The Slash still has it's own race, it's called spec racing and it's pretty much a new racers class or a second or third class for some guys. A modified Slash can be and is still competitive in the 2wd mod classes but it will need some work to hang with the other brands. Not everyone is in love with the way a Slash gets around a track or with Traxxas in general, to each his own I guess.
Bieber is that you?
Old 02-10-2011, 09:44 AM
Justin B
My Feedback: (8)

No, if I was to mess around with girls that are his age I would never see the light of day again...
Old 02-10-2011, 11:32 AM
FahrtAutoRC

<- Wonders why everyone sits around and whines about things that have already viable solutions, rather than just having fun with the hobby. It has become much less of a hobby and more about who can put each other down better and buy more expensive things and then ask for an opinion only to tell everyone that answers they are wrong......sigh.....
Old 02-10-2011, 04:21 PM
ozzie-crawl

imo most of the traxxas bashing is caused by the one eyed traxxas fan boys doing threads like this.
is the slash 4x4 a capable racer ?
YES it can be especially on tight tracks.
is there better 4wd short course trucks
YES there more race oriented.
i have never owned a traxxas vehicle but seen them take some extreme abuse,seen some very fast ones but i would not buy one for racing as there is better cars out there for that
but for a basher come racer they are great cars,but that doesnt mean there entirely crap on the track either.
doesnt really matter what brand you run as long as your having FUN doing it,to many people get so caught up in brands and who runs what they forget we do rc for FUN
Old 02-10-2011, 04:27 PM
ozzie-crawl

ORIGINAL: cerealkilla024

<- Wonders why everyone sits around and whines about things that have already viable solutions, rather than just having fun with the hobby. It has become much less of a hobby and more about who can put each other down better and buy more expensive things and then ask for an opinion only to tell everyone that answers they are wrong......sigh.....
you beat my replie by about 30 seconds,the last part of my replie was similiar to yours.
people seam to spend more time stirring up trouble than helping each other out.
threads like this dont help
Old 02-10-2011, 04:41 PM
ElectricGuy007

imo most of the traxxas bashing is caused by the one eyed traxxas fan boys doing threads like this.
is the slash 4x4 a capable racer ?
YES it can be especially on tight tracks.
is there better 4wd short course trucks
YES there more race oriented.
i have never owned a traxxas vehicle but seen them take some extreme abuse,seen some very fast ones but i would not buy one for racing as there is better cars out there for that
but for a basher come racer they are great cars,but that doesnt mean there entirely crap on the track either.
doesnt really matter what brand you run as long as your having FUN doing it,to many people get so caught up in brands and who runs what they forget we do rc for FUN
Great Post Ozzie-Crawl!

Ive only owned 3 of them. A rustler an Emaxx and a Slash, I still have the 2wd slash just not the other 2.
I have raced all 3 of them. A Rustler is meh, just boring...an E-maxx is so, so E-Revo is better IMO.
Then I can say something about the slash now, I like it but if I had to choose to race my SC10 or my Slash
I have to say my SC10. Someone from Illinios tweeked my slash and I left it like that, it's an oval truck now
and dont plan on switching it back to an offroad vechicle. Im leaving it like it is until people have decided
what they wanna run this year. They have thought about making the offroad a dirt oval.
But if they do an offroad track I'll probably run my SC10.
Old 02-10-2011, 04:47 PM
FahrtAutoRC

Bah I had mine up for hours but theyve got me on this damned moderated status so most of my posts go unnoticed all together. Kinda really hard to get anything done, help anyone or prove myself when I gotta sit here awaiting approval for sometimes days at a time

ORIGINAL: cerealkilla024

you beat my replie by about 30 seconds,the last part of my replie was similiar to yours.
people seam to spend more time stirring up trouble than helping each other out.
threads like this dont help
Old 02-10-2011, 05:04 PM
ozzie-crawl

thanks electric guy.

its funny i have a sc10 but thats all it is to me i dont care that its made by associated. at the time i brought it if the blitz had a brushless motor i would have brought that.
i have a hyper 10sc i love this car. but i dont care who makes,if it was the same car and made by tonka i wouldnt care.
i go for the car that fits my needs and will do what i want,to be one eyed about 1 brand imo is stupid.
like i say i have never owned a traxxas,but all my cars use the traxxas water proof reviever box (great idea) i dont run in water but it keeps the dust out and tidies up the wiring.
my hyper 7 brushless truck uses the 2wd slash front bar and 4wd rear bar,i didnt care what they came off as long as i could get them to fit.
unfortunately the world revolves around name brands, chev v ford, Nike v adidas. and this is because companies do this in promoting there product so we buy more from them.
bit like the NEW MUST HAVE MODELS,MOTORS,ESC,s that if your not running your not a winner.
no your not being loyal to your favourite brand your sucked in to corporate advertising and lining some ceo,s pocket.
at the end of the day its 90% driver 10% car
its not your hpi that beat my associated its you the better driver who beat me.
but did we have fun racing against each other HELL YEA