Community
Search
Notices
Traxxas Monster Truck forum Discuss the Traxxas T-Maxx, E-Maxx, Super-Maxx and all other Traxxas monster trucks in this forum. You may also optionally discuss them in our MT general discussion forum.

Tmaxx - upgrading the sensor & radio?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 04:37 PM
Bluegill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tmaxx - upgrading the sensor & radio?

well me bein new to rc stuff...i knew my tmaxx ran off crystals....other day was at hobby shop parkin lot tryin to get engine tuned in (was idlin) then boom it took off like a bat out of hell.....ran 40' & just stopped!! I was like ***.....well some young kids was playin on the hobby shops track & same crystal as i was runnin lmao......
So i went back today (couldnt keep this out of my mind) & said i want my truck fixed where noone can control it but ME!!!!!!
Well the guy ordered me a traxxas2.4 4 channel radio & receiver to install in the tmaxx....will be in soon.

My main ? is has anyone else changed theirs over? If so does it still steer & accept fuel good,or maybe alittle quicker?

Thanks everyone for helpin me out on the ?'s so far!

Old 02-11-2011, 09:45 PM
racemaxx24

Default RE: Tmaxx - upgrading the sensor & radio?

The radio will have no noticeable change over your previous one. It will just eliminate the worry of having the same crystals as someone else running at the same time.
Old 02-12-2011, 02:05 AM
jbooker82
My Feedback: (4)

2.4 ghz radios are faster than the AM and FM. It probably wont be real noticalbe with stock servos but if you get a high speed throttle servo it will be real noticable. Wheelies are much esier to ride on the wheelie bar. You just blip the throttle.
Old 02-12-2011, 07:30 AM
rc md

dont lose the card that comes with tx will show you how to program to your truck its easy the trx 2.4 is nice as many options to it plus multiple car function