Community
Search
Notices
RC Helicopter General Discussions Discuss RC Helis here. Nitro, gas, turbine and any make, model or brand not having its own specific forum below!

South Florida movie job

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 03:15 PM
hrbeta

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default South Florida movie job

Hi guys. I am just passing this info on. A movie director contacted me through my club and asked if I (or some other pilot) would be interested in working on a Charlie's Angel movie they are shooting in Miami. They need a cool looking, larger size, non-scale heli with a camera for the job. The script is that the Angels maneuver the heli up to a building to take a movie of their suspect. The heli would be flying off, and landing back onto a yacht. They prefer electrics to avoid the engine's smoke.
They need this badly and A.S.A.P. They plan to shoot first week of March.
I cannot do it 'cause I only have scale helis, they want the pod-and-boom look. Also, I reckon that being by the coast in Miami it's going to be windy, so a quicker more responsive heli is the way to go.
As I said at the beginning, I am only a bona-fide messenger, I have no relation to these people, I am only trying to help them out.
Anyone interested please shoot me a line and I'll give you their contact info.
Cheers.
Old 02-15-2011, 03:32 PM
sfaust
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: South Florida movie job

I've done similar work for tv commercials, and it can be a lot of fun but stressful as well. I'm not in Miami or I would jump on this, but for those that are in the area its definitely worth talking to them to see what they are looking for.