Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

No Traxxas

Old 02-20-2011, 04:23 PM
hoosier_rc_nut
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: No Traxxas

ORIGINAL: moe7404

to:TIGER76 if you think traxxas is great. read there site rules, at one place they TELL you to not use alcohol. its one thing to say you cant talk about alcohol on the site, iam ok with that, its something else to TELL you CANT use alcohol. I WISH I HAD NEVER BOUGHT traxxas
Once again....this isn't an anti-traxxas thread. From what I hear there are plenty of threads for that so please try to stay on topic. If you have a problem with traxxas, fine that's your opinion, but it has NOTHING to do with the original topic of THIS thread.
Old 02-20-2011, 04:31 PM
TIGER76

to:TIGER76 if you think traxxas is great. read there site rules, at one place they TELL you to not use alcohol. its one thing to say you cant talk about alcohol on the site, iam ok with that, its something else to TELL you CANT use alcohol. I WISH I HAD NEVER BOUGHT traxxas
I would imagine they tell you that due to the average age over there as i can imagine its mostly teens tbh.
yeah traxxas dont have a right to tell you what to do but if they steer teens away from alcohol and drugs like most schools do or local councils do
maybe as a rc company they dont have the right to do so but at least there trying to get a positive message across which is fine in my books

Just to let you know im NOT a member over there but do browse due to some good info and ideals for my trucks.

Im not sure what the problems are like in the states but in the UK you should see how many teens are in A&E every weekend getting stomach pumps []
Teen binge drinking is a big problem over here probally more than drug use now so im all for big companies making statements like that.
Wether it be traxxas,losi,hpi,redcat,tamiya etc [8D]

Im not gonna tell you personally not to drink not my problem but i work in a car recovery compound in the UK which deals with the police and local council recovery so you can imagine how many smashed up cars i see daily due to drink driving trust me it DOES put you off drinking while driving when you have to take the familys victims through if they want to see the wreckage []

Heres an example of what i mean..
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt56392.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	1567265  
Old 02-20-2011, 06:11 PM
moe7404

i have been nice cause i think this site is the ONLY one i have found that wasnt a bunch of kids in a sand box, and its well ran. i was realy blown away when when i saw that this site wasnt just kids calling each other names. you see iam 62 years and i dont have to put up with nonsence, and i dont have any thing to prove. and i dont care what people think of me. but i feel i should be good and fair to everyone, no mater how they treat me. if i have not been all these things, please for give me.
Old 02-20-2011, 06:24 PM
The_Shark

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

traxxas has a 1/1 sc race team
Old 02-21-2011, 10:21 AM
FahrtAutoRC

Has anyone ever noticed the part right above the body of your post when you are typing that says "If you have to vent, take it offline"? Lets stop all the pointless BS and get back to the OP's original concern. I saw kids in a sandbox mentioned but it would appear to be that is what this has turned into. Let's try to focus on what really matter:

Now doesnt THAT look nice?
Old 02-21-2011, 10:34 AM
moe7404

what realy is the mater is someone started by talking about traxxas. so if they open the door i might walk through it. i have NEVER started a thread saying anything against anyone or any site or company. i do not mean anything against any one on this site or this site. but i have very little love for traxxas. like i said this is the best site i could find, the people are fantastic.
Old 02-21-2011, 10:47 AM
TIGER76

relax moe everyones entitled to there own opinion thats whats so great about RCU [8D]

@ Hoosier did you manage to log back in yet? or did you have to make a new account.
Old 02-21-2011, 03:40 PM
hoosier_rc_nut
My Feedback: (17)

ORIGINAL: TIGER76

relax moe everyones entitled to there own opinion thats whats so great about RCU [8D]

@ Hoosier did you manage to log back in yet? or did you have to make a new account.
I've tried both and got no where, so it has to be the site. The whole problem started this past week when traxxas had their site down for maintenance for 2 or 3 days. After they got the site back up I wasn't logged in anymore so I tried to log in and......nadda. I tried to set up a new account and same thing......nothing. Only other thing I can think of is set up a new web based e mail account (i.e yahoo, hotmail, etc.) and sign up for a totally new account. I even tried to re-set my password and still got nowhere, so I'm pretty much stuck with no access to the community forums. Looks like all I can do is keep trying......
Old 02-21-2011, 03:48 PM
Dale Gribble
My Feedback: (4)

This has nothing to do with RC Cars. Moving to off topic.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:25 PM
Teknic
My Feedback: (1)

Maybe if you keep drinking alcohol you'll be able to figure out the difference between their, there and they're.

Old 02-21-2011, 06:48 PM
FahrtAutoRC

This has NOTHING TO DO WITH RC CARS OR MODEL AVIATION!!!!!!!!! LOL

ORIGINAL: Dale Gribble

This has nothing to do with RC Cars. Moving to off topic.
Old 02-21-2011, 06:50 PM
FahrtAutoRC

Exactly Tiger but in a way he still has a point. The "opinions" here really tend to get out of hand at times, and especially when it comes to Traxxas. Both sides, the pro-Traxxas and the anti-Traxxas have lately just become WAY too militant about it.

ORIGINAL: TIGER76

Old 02-22-2011, 07:07 AM
pflynn73
My Feedback: (20)

Dont waste your time on that communist style site. RCU is here for a reason.

Old 02-25-2011, 10:30 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

ORIGINAL: rc awesome

Traxxas is a good company, there customer support is great, and their products are very duable.
Traxxas told a guy with a Revo 3.3 that it's normal for the reverse servo to not work out of the box and that he should just get an FOC because the servos are "cheap and unreliable" and "that's what you get".

No BS.
Old 02-26-2011, 06:49 AM
proanti1
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Teknic

Maybe if you keep drinking alcohol you'll be able to figure out the difference between their, there and they're.

Works the opposite way with me... maybe he's already had a few.

So what if a site says not to drink alcohol? Like every health class text book made in the past 50 years says not to drink... besides, most of their unique traffic is probably below the age of 21 anyways, and shouldn't be drinking to begin with.
Old 02-26-2011, 09:00 AM
1QwkSport2.5r

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts

ORIGINAL: hoosier_rc_nut

to: hoosier_rc_nut you should know by now that if you open the door you will not be the only one going through it. this is what happens on web sites. other wise why DO we have web sites, to let just one person talk? of course common since should allways be used.
And maybe a little common courtesy? Or is that too much to ask for?
I've concluded common courtesy is a thing of the past. Not only on the internet, but in reality too. Try driving down the road and see if you can go more than 3 miles without being cut off or holding the door for someone and not getting (at least) a thank you, etc. I find it funny how many people will reply to a thread and not have read the entire post to start with and end up having the topic get so far off-topic its mind boggling.

As for the topic of the Traxxas Forum. I used to be a member on there but after being warned 3 times for saying crap or darn, I told 'em to delete my account. I asked the moderator that warned me all three times what level of language is acceptable. I was told "The Little Mermaid level". I said "bah" and bailed. There's a limit to what you can expect people to abide by. Expecting a large mass of people to "talk" at a "G" level on the internet is unrealistic, IMO. <shrug>

I'm done ranting. Also, I don't have any problems with traxxas either.