Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

The New KMP Signature Series Warbirds

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

The New KMP Signature Series Warbirds

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2011, 08:43 PM
AKondor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: The New KMP Signature Series Warbirds

Yes of course we will...[8D] ... Also note the aluminum canons which will be included as it stands now with the kit. We will also be offering a very scale tail wheel assembly still in the design phase as an additional option priced very reasonably. I should have pictures in 3-4 weeks ish. The finished model will truly be worth seing. I'll take some pictures of the panel lines which are very nicely done as well. We are using a new technique at the factory to make them sharp and thin.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:45 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Ok guys, I've had to step in here again and clean this thread up again. There are a few in this thread that aren't going to like this, but I am now personally watching this thread, as well as a couple others. When a thread elevates to the level where I have to step in there are usually some people that aren't' going to like the outcome, and that may very well be the situation here.

For those members that have been here in this thread for awhile, just ignore the trolls. When you reply to them they win. They have dragged you down to their level. My best advice is to put them on your "Blocked" list and then you'll never see anything they post again. But when you start arguing with them then you're going to have to face either myself or one of the regular moderators for this forum. Just leave the trolls alone and they'll go away.

For those passionate about the scale accuracy of the models. There is nothing wrong with that, it's part of the hobby. But for those that just sit here and attack everything for the pure pleasure of attacking(and you know who you are) your days here on RCU are limited. Either you start contributing to the forums and the hobby or move on. For the rest, let's take it easy on the manufacturers. They are the lifeblood of this hobby. If they weren't putting out planes we wouldn't have anything to fly. If you don't like their product, or feel their product doesn't measure up, simply move on to another forum or thread. But don't sit here and attack a manufacturer or vendor simply because you think you know more than they do. I've met many of these manufacturers and they are really passionate about the products they produce, and that is good for the hobby. But like I said, if you don't like the product move on, but don't sit here trashing it. It's just like anything else in life. If for instance you don't like Pepsi, do you go to the "Soda-Universe Forums" and attack Pepsi because you don't like them?? Of course not, you drink Coke instead. So if you don't like the planes put out by a manufacturer here then find somebody else's products. It's just that simple.

Let's all try to get along a little bit better here guys. I really don't want to have to take further actions, but will if some in this group don't start behaving a bit better

Ken
Old 02-28-2011, 08:48 PM
vallawyer

That is really well said.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:18 PM
flytaildragger
My Feedback: (8)

Thanks Ken, I was wondering how it all was tolerated? Perhaps your intervention may change the way I look at RCU.

On another note, Once again, one of the biggest features of the Spitfire will be the landing gear. Set up with and being able to drop in Sierra Giant retracts.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:23 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

ORIGINAL: flytaildragger

Thanks Ken, I was wondering how it all was tolerated? Perhaps your intervention may change the way I look at RCU.

I will apologize to the group that this got as far out of control as it did. Our moderators here on RCU are all volunteer and aren't always here every day.We fully understand that they moderate the forums of RCUas their time allows them. Sometimes these Moderators will have live experiences that will keep them away from the forums for days or weeks. While it's not fair to the members of RCU, it's the reality that we have here. In cases like this I will step in when a thread becomes a problem as that is part of my responsibilities here at RCU.

Ken
Old 03-01-2011, 12:53 AM
akcub

where is everybody
Old 03-01-2011, 06:50 AM
GerKonig

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK some pictures of the Spitfire at the Wram show. I liked it. But, the D9 and the Spit look a lot like they would not need a 50 size powerplant. They look like they would fly well with less. Of couse this observation is just a semi-baseless opinion:-)

Gerry
Posting one at the time, otherwise they do not upload.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Tr49694.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	105.5 KB
ID:	1571723  
Old 03-01-2011, 06:52 AM
GerKonig

Kondor Spitfire

Gerry

Name:	Mj24648.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	1571724  
Old 03-01-2011, 06:54 AM
GerKonig

Last one, from another angle. Nice bird.

Gerry

Name:	Vt56113.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	144.5 KB
ID:	1571725  
Old 03-01-2011, 07:08 AM
GerKonig

ORIGINAL: vallawyer

ORIGINAL: GerKonig

Went to the Wram show, and I DO have pictures. Will post later tonight or tomorrow, as i will be out for the rest of the day. He had a Spit, and the 190 hanging, I got a couple of shots. Yes, there is quite some degree of ''wrongness'' in it, but from the distance, and moving the ARF FW will convince everybody, make no mistake, everybody will know what it is. They did not have the T-28 nor the T-6:-(

I also have decent pictures of the Vialley Aviation ''real'' scale looking one they displayed in the basement. So the question is: does one want a really scale looking one, and is one willing to invest all free time for the next 2 years, or do you want to spend way less than half for a smaller semi scale looking that you can fly in one month (or less). That is the question! The answer is obvious if you really like the FW: Get both:-)

I also saw (got pictures) the 109 from Green. Well that one is really so far fom scale it reminds me some other plane, not a ME. They have a nice big bipe, I saw that one fly in the electric version and overpowered w/ a gasser (must have been a DA85). They look and fly nice (they are big). German and Swiss marking available.

Gerry
You mean the Easy Tiger Jungmeister? They did not have it at the show, but I saw it fly at Warbirds Over Delaware and it was fantastic, but its not a super scale painted model, it's a Monokote semi scale plane.
The Me109 I just do not have the problems with it that you have, it looks like a Me109 to me.
Like you say, though, do you want to spend two years building a model, or paying someone to build a model, or do you want to build an ARF in two weeks? I have plenty of unfinished projects and I have done a lot of building, more than most people, these days I just want to fly, and the ARFs fix me up.
And you can't even build the plane for less than what the ARF costs.
And the truth is that most of these giant scale planes that people build have always been stand off scale, very few build contest scale models, most IMAA or QSAA fly ins, the planes are not detailed much. We had a lot of fun with Meister Scale models that were stick and rib planes covered in Monocote and nobody cried like a girl abotu how it was not detailed enough, we were havng too much fun actually flying, and also there is a bgi difference between people TALKING about how detailed they are GOING to make their model, the truth of reality is it is plenty of work just getting the plane framed and sanded and covered or painted and in flying condition, super detailing it is a whole other project.
Yes, I was talking about the Jungmeister, but my mind draw a blank, and I could not remember the name while typing. I saw the same one you saw at WOD (electric) w/ german marking (gray), and then I saw the Swiss marking (yellow) gas powered. They both fly very well and in the air, they look the part.

I agree, you cannot build any plane for the price of an equivalent arf, and say that you saved money...

Gerry

Old 03-01-2011, 07:26 AM
flytaildragger
My Feedback: (8)

ORIGINAL: GerKonig

OK some pictures of the Spitfire at the Wram show. I liked it. But, the D9 and the Spit look a lot like they would not need a 50 size powerplant. They look like they would fly well with less. Of couse this observation is just a semi-baseless opinion:-)

Gerry
Posting one at the time, otherwise they do not upload.
Great Observation! The T6 Texan's airframe only weighed 11 lbs. and we recommend the Aerovate 32cc engine for it. These planes are built light and very strong with Epoxy glass fuselages. This is the only reason I was able to repair the 190 as well as I was able. Most of those repairs were simply done reforming the glass with a heat gun then bondoing the cracked glass. Their construction is one of their benefits. They are all identified in the "50cc class" The all up flying weight is how you determine the engine. That can vary a good deal depending on how it is set up.
Old 03-01-2011, 03:08 PM
jk464

ORIGINAL: RCKen

Ok guys, I've had to step in here again and clean this thread up again. There are a few in this thread that aren't going to like this, but I am now personally watching this thread, as well as a couple others. When a thread elevates to the level where I have to step in there are usually some people that aren't' going to like the outcome, and that may very well be the situation here.

For those members that have been here in this thread for awhile, just ignore the trolls. When you reply to them they win. They have dragged you down to their level. My best advice is to put them on your ''Blocked'' list and then you'll never see anything they post again. But when you start arguing with them then you're going to have to face either myself or one of the regular moderators for this forum. Just leave the trolls alone and they'll go away.

For those passionate about the scale accuracy of the models. There is nothing wrong with that, it's part of the hobby. But for those that just sit here and attack everything for the pure pleasure of attacking(and you know who you are) your days here on RCU are limited. Either you start contributing to the forums and the hobby or move on. For the rest, let's take it easy on the manufacturers. They are the lifeblood of this hobby. If they weren't putting out planes we wouldn't have anything to fly. If you don't like their product, or feel their product doesn't measure up, simply move on to another forum or thread. But don't sit here and attack a manufacturer or vendor simply because you think you know more than they do. I've met many of these manufacturers and they are really passionate about the products they produce, and that is good for the hobby. But like I said, if you don't like the product move on, but don't sit here trashing it. It's just like anything else in life. If for instance you don't like Pepsi, do you go to the ''Soda-Universe Forums'' and attack Pepsi because you don't like them?? Of course not, you drink Coke instead. So if you don't like the planes put out by a manufacturer here then find somebody else's products. It's just that simple.

Let's all try to get along a little bit better here guys. I really don't want to have to take further actions, but will if some in this group don't start behaving a bit better

Ken
I agree with what you are saying to a certain degree. I do think there is a place for hobbyists to share negative as well as positive feedback about particular products. If a product is a real turkey, I'm not saying the D9, it is useful to read through these forums so we can avoid purchasing said turkey. I know its a fine line when a site makes money from advertisements, they obviously don't want an advertiser to get upset and pull the adds. We have kind of become a nation where almost everything on radio and tv is censored by corporations, forums and blogs have kind of become a way for people to get around this.
Old 03-01-2011, 04:25 PM
mikepress

Not to drag on this pointless arguement, but I saw the D 190 prototype at the NW Expo and for the price, I would buy it in a heartbeat! Not to say that more scale could be added to any plane for a price! The point is that at that price, KMP offers a very nice ARF in the D 190 and any of their ARFs which I would buy. If one wanted to spend more, than you could go purchase one with more scale. There are many companies out there that offer scale planes at a much higher price. KMP offers a very good product at a price that is not out of reach of most modelers. Its like buying a car! The more one is willing to pay, the nicer and more options you can get. So lets give KMP a break and credit where credit is do! Thanks Andrew, and I look forward to more great quality ARFs at a competitive price.
Old 03-01-2011, 04:34 PM
Magnum RC

ORIGINAL: jk464

ORIGINAL: RCKen

For those members that have been here in this thread for awhile, just ignore the trolls. When you reply to them they win. They have dragged you down to their level. My best advice is to put them on your ''Blocked'' list and then you'll never see anything they post again. But when you start arguing with them then you're going to have to face either myself or one of the regular moderators for this forum. Just leave the trolls alone and they'll go away.

For those passionate about the scale accuracy of the models. There is nothing wrong with that, it's part of the hobby. But for those that just sit here and attack everything for the pure pleasure of attacking(and you know who you are) your days here on RCU are limited. Either you start contributing to the forums and the hobby or move on. For the rest, let's take it easy on the manufacturers. They are the lifeblood of this hobby. If they weren't putting out planes we wouldn't have anything to fly. If you don't like their product, or feel their product doesn't measure up, simply move on to another forum or thread. But don't sit here and attack a manufacturer or vendor simply because you think you know more than they do. I've met many of these manufacturers and they are really passionate about the products they produce, and that is good for the hobby. But like I said, if you don't like the product move on, but don't sit here trashing it. It's just like anything else in life. If for instance you don't like Pepsi, do you go to the ''Soda-Universe Forums'' and attack Pepsi because you don't like them?? Of course not, you drink Coke instead. So if you don't like the planes put out by a manufacturer here then find somebody else's products. It's just that simple.

Ken
I agree with what you are saying to a certain degree. I do think there is a place for hobbyists to share negative as well as positive feedback about particular products. If a product is a real turkey, I'm not saying the D9, it is useful to read through these forums so we can avoid purchasing said turkey. I know its a fine line when a site makes money from advertisements, they obviously don't want an advertiser to get upset and pull the adds. We have kind of become a nation where almost everything on radio and tv is censored by corporations, forums and blogs have kind of become a way for people to get around this.
I think RC Ken is right when the fine line between slanderous personal insults and product bashing is the result of crossing the line from CONSTRUCTIVE criticism of a product to obtaining an agenda of swaying public opinion with the goal of destroying a company or a product's viability and or personal integrity. One must keep in mind that this can also work against those who read these forums trying to learn about how worthy a product may be. In reading this thread, there has been positive feedback as well as negative. Where I look at the truth is when the armchair modelers OR as Ken puts it I believe, the Trolls, are confronted by the personal experiences of those who have had it in their hands and do not share the same opinions. The question will still remain, based on who you believe, you may still buy that said turkey based on the opinion of another who is passionate about getting his point across or agenda on the forum met. Be critical of the opinion shared. Is it coming from personal experience or an opinion based on an observation? Not everything shared in these forumsis the truth...judge the character from which the information comes by examining the track record of his posts. If there is a track record of strife and contest in his history, well, how does that devalue his opinion. If the information comes from someone who is always helpful, constructively critical but positive in their delivery, has owned the product from which he speaks, then and only then I believe can this person offer a VALUED opinion.

Guidelines, civility, and truth can be adversely skewed, Ken just simply put it back on the track of what it is supposed to be.
Old 03-01-2011, 04:43 PM
Experten109/40
My Feedback: (-1)

whats with this armachair BS? NOBODYhere owns the KMP FW 190 yet.. NOBODY. so somebody makes negitive comments on
how it looks in the photo and there armchair quaterbacks. somebody who makes positive comments on something they don't own yet is what?
Gospel? care to answer that last question? and yes I don't need reminding that some comments were over the top. not arguing.. just
curious on your opinion. I should add for the few that did see it in person, comments were generally negative.
Old 03-01-2011, 05:24 PM
Magnum RC

ORIGINAL: Experten109/40

whats with this armachair BS? NOBODYhere owns the KMP FW 190 yet.. NOBODY. so somebody makes negitive comments on
how it looks in the photo and there armchair quaterbacks. somebody who makes positive comments on something they don't own yet is what?
Gospel? care to answer that last question? and yes I don't need reminding that some comments were over the top. not arguing.. just
curious on your opinion. I should add for the few that did see it in person, comments were generally negative.
It is my opinion only that there were just as many who seen it, examined it, and bought it. I was one of them.I attended Monroe Expo. Does the value of an opinion of the plane, if I should give it but have not to any detail, bear more credibility than someone who has not had the same experience but levels severe criticism just the same?
NO, to your question, gospel of a positive comment is not the point I am sharing. The point I tried to explain above is to help the information seeker, the modeler looking for help, the person in the need to know that if truth is to be sought; one must not take everything said at face value. The credibility of the source of the information can also come into question. I found better value in the personal experiences in those that actually was there and looked and felt it and simply considered those opinions that were not. Does that help? This is not leveled at any one person specifically but a group or clique.
Old 03-01-2011, 05:26 PM
Magnum RC

ORIGINAL: mikepress

Not to drag on this pointless arguement, but I saw the D 190 prototype at the NW Expo and for the price, I would buy it in a heartbeat! Not to say that more scale could be added to any plane for a price! The point is that at that price, KMP offers a very nice ARF in the D 190 and any of their ARFs which I would buy. If one wanted to spend more, than you could go purchase one with more scale. There are many companies out there that offer scale planes at a much higher price. KMP offers a very good product at a price that is not out of reach of most modelers. Its like buying a car! The more one is willing to pay, the nicer and more options you can get. So lets give KMP a break and credit where credit is do! Thanks Andrew, and I look forward to more great quality ARFs at a competitive price.
I share the same opinion as you because,,,,, I was there.. This is the point of my previous post.
Old 03-01-2011, 05:56 PM
vallawyer

ORIGINAL: mikepress

Isaw it at WRAM and it was fine. It's not a lot of money and you could not build one for the price.
This little group of Scale Police is just a few people, and when it comes time to walk the walk, none of them have the skills to do better than Andrew Condor did or even the money to buy one. Armchair modellers is right. They are horrible and should be burned with fire.

Old 03-01-2011, 06:11 PM
LDM
My Feedback: (15)

I guess I am off base on my perception of what we are judgeing . I spend most of my time bashing arfs now (defined as tweeking the way they look ) not verbal bashing lol .
My confusion on the KMP sig series is not in the appearance , I buy arfs for my personal attraction to the plane and its ability to meet my expecttations of that plane . Example given before (P40 -counter balances in the tail /split flaps ect ) thats me and that is important to me on that plane .
I dont ever expect an ARF to have a scale outline , scale wing outline ect , I just dont care . I prefer a better flying outline , because as most of you "real scale" experts know , really great scale rc planes typically dont fly well !!!!! and that my friend is a fact !!!! right from the guys who build them . If I want true scale , I will build a plastic model.

My point in the KMP sig series , are they made better ? This is not a negative post , just tell me how there made that is all I am asking .
If there is no differance , ok so be it , then I will buy a KMP plane based on my love of the model offered by KMP vs a models offered from another company based on price and model vs perceived quality

I think in this very long thread we have been all over the place , Scale outline , looks , qulaity , secret posters ect , we lost track of the true essence of RCU .
If this is an information gathering rc website , then I want more info that I cant get from seeing it at wram , or if i dont attend wram , I want info , touch , feel looks , does the fuse flex will it have cowl flaps ? can you see any details in the alerons or elvators that look like the original ?
We want to know why we should spend our money on this plane so when we do we will not doubt our purchases and then spend time in a another long thread called "why did I buy this plane "
Old 03-01-2011, 06:30 PM
vallawyer

ORIGINAL: LDM

I guess I am off base on my perception of what we are judgeing . I spend most of my time bashing arfs now (defined as tweeking the way they look ) not verbal bashing lol .
My confusion on the KMP sig series is not in the appearance , I buy arfs for my personal attraction to the plane and its ability to meet my expecttations of that plane . Example given before (P40 -counter balances in the tail /split flaps ect ) thats me and that is important to me on that plane .
I dont ever expect an ARF to have a scale outline , scale wing outline ect , I just dont care . I prefer a better flying outline , because as most of you "real scale" experts know , really great scale rc planes typically dont fly well !!!!! and that my friend is a fact !!!! right from the guys who build them . If I want true scale , I will build a plastic model.

My point in the KMP sig series , are they made better ? This is not a negative post , just tell me how there made that is all I am asking .
If there is no differance , ok so be it , then I will buy a KMP plane based on my love of the model offered by KMP vs a models offered from another company based on price and model vs perceived quality

I think in this very long thread we have been all over the place , Scale outline , looks , qulaity , secret posters ect , we lost track of the true essence of RCU .
If this is an information gathering rc website , then I want more info that I cant get from seeing it at wram , or if i dont attend wram , I want info , touch , feel looks , does the fuse flex will it have cowl flaps ? can you see any details in the alerons or elvators that look like the original ?
We want to know why we should spend our money on this plane so when we do we will not doubt our purchases and then spend time in a another long thread called "why did I buy this plane "
There is nothing wrong with bashing ARFs to make them your own.
You said a lot in your post!
Ilearned early on that you can either have an exact scale model that is hard to fly or you have to make some comprimises to make a sunday flyer you can actually use. I know a guy who used to compete and he would build two of everything, one was a practice plane that was a simple finish and light weight and one was the exact scale one that only got flown three times at each contest.
It is very hard to determine if a model is good or bad if the same people comment that the plane is "horrible and should be burned with fire", that's not a constructive critisism, that is just garbage.

Old 03-01-2011, 06:32 PM
vallawyer

Are they made better?  Better than what"? There is no other 80 inch wing span FW190 ARF out there.  Just this one.  And the price is right.  There is no 95" one except the Easy Tiger one, either.  There are a hand full of kits but who wants kits anymore?  Not many.
Old 03-01-2011, 06:36 PM
glazier808
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do you work for CheasyTigger?

Still don't see any pics of all your great planes from them...
Old 03-01-2011, 06:39 PM
vallawyer

No, Iown two planes form them and paid full price for both. I own more planes form other manufacturers.
I don't see all your great scale accomplishments I just see a guy talkig on the internet a lot and bashing these vendors who actually have the guts to make these planes.
Old 03-01-2011, 06:50 PM
Experten109/40
My Feedback: (-1)

delete
Old 03-01-2011, 06:57 PM
vallawyer

ORIGINAL: Experten109/40

ORIGINAL: vallawyer

I don't see all your great scale accomplishments I just see a guy talkig on the internet a lot and bashing these vendors who actually have the guts to make these planes.
oh my lord.. you truely are an idiot... see his fliteskin thread before you open your mouth and type it out.
I did. I see a guy endlessly dragging out a simle build, trying to make himself into a hero.
He glues a rib on and then makes a video and wants everybody to pat him on the back and post how great he is because he managed to glue a rib down.
It has taken him a year to not finish framing out a kit.
His build is pretty pathetic.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.