Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Warbirds and Warplanes
Reload this Page >

The New KMP Signature Series Warbirds

Community
Search
Notices
RC Warbirds and Warplanes Discuss rc warbirds and warplanes in this forum.

The New KMP Signature Series Warbirds

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 10:26 AM
Evil_Merlin
My Feedback: (13)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: The New KMP Signature Series Warbirds

Flytaildragger, then consider it done, and the matter, from my point, dropped until we see the finished model.

And remember, while shocked, my first response was, for the most part, professional in regards to what needed to be fixed.
Old 03-02-2011, 02:39 PM
jk464

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: flytaildragger

And like Andrew said,,, offer CONSTRUCTIVE criticism in PM format or in a professional manner if you want our response. We desire this. We want to make the definition of previously stated a ''Model of Distinction'' Remember, again Evil, this plane you are judging is not the final copy... There was a great deal of correction input directed at the factory. IT is their desire to capture the attention of the modeling community as well. I believe the canopy will change, the paint will change, and many other things. Give us time and a break!

PS, we did use your list as a beginning of the investigation to decide what changes we wanted to implement now and later. Not all will be done, but most. We do listen when you are professional about it.
You can do one hell of a lot of improvement for very little cost increase by doing an accurate paint scheme, that is colors and patterns. It goes a long way to making a model look right, it seems like improving the canopy wouldn't be a huge increase in cost either.

With a good paint scheme and improved canopy I would probably be in for the current fuse if it was at a good price.
Old 03-02-2011, 02:46 PM
jk464

ORIGINAL: TA152

ORIGINAL: vallawyer

Are they made better? Better than what''? There is no other 80 inch wing span FW190 ARF out there. Just this one. And the price is right. There is no 95'' one except the Easy Tiger one, either. There are a hand full of kits but who wants kits anymore? Not many.
What about this one Wallawyer? Have you forgot the ESM Dora? Much more correct to scale than the KMP bird and a nice price too.
that is pretty damn good, got to admit. In fact I think I will have to blow some money on that beauty.
Old 03-02-2011, 02:51 PM
jk464

ORIGINAL: telejojo

If it looks good and flys good who cares if it's not perfect to scale.I would bet anybody who has posted on this forum that while they are flying it they could not tell the difference if it were perfect to real pics or just like it is.My planes are for flying not sitting around and looking at,you can build a static model for that.I think I fall into the 90% of people who would buy it and that I would have never known if it was not perfect to scale or not it looks good to me.
Agreed especially if its at the right price. CMP make a pretty decent looking zero and 109 are the perfect no, are they passable yes. Is cmp's 120 sized spitfire passable, good god no. Am I asking and answering my own questions, yes. Does this make me a complete jackass, yes.
Old 03-02-2011, 03:47 PM
ZERO-322
My Feedback: (2)

I totally agree the canopy and paint would be huge and a relatively easy and inexpensive fix which would go a long way! at first glance those are the two features that stick out the most

Flytaildragger glad to see we all can come together and turn this thing into a positive, I thank you for the response to LDM it answered much of the same questions I had and I'm sure others as well
Old 03-02-2011, 03:48 PM
ZERO-322

LOL they say if you talk to yourself its ok, but when you start answering your self ? now there's trouble LOL
Old 03-02-2011, 06:58 PM
mobyal

ORIGINAL: sabrejet

I recently bought the yellow T-28 Trojan and the Japanese Val. They are not the easiest ARF's to build but once they are done, they will look pretty nice. What's really great about the planes is that the standard G.I. Joe pilots for $15.00 fits perfectly in the KMP planes without having to buy a $75.00 pilot figure! I may buy the KMP Do-335 later on this year!

Saberjet
Where'd you get the gun and gunner for th Val? And do you have a pilot figure as well?
TIA
Al
Old 03-02-2011, 07:03 PM
mobyal

ORIGINAL: GerKonig

ORIGINAL: sabrejet

I recently bought the yellow T-28 Trojan and the Japanese Val. They are not the easiest ARF's to build but once they are done, they will look pretty nice. What's really great about the planes is that the standard G.I. Joe pilots for $15.00 fits perfectly in the KMP planes without having to buy a $75.00 pilot figure! I may buy the KMP Do-335 later on this year!
I like the Val, waiting to hear how it flies. The model is affordable, no need for retracts. I will have to research this one. Looks like it has a lot of wing area, if the kit is light, it would be perfect for an electric version.

Gerry

Gerry
I haven't finished mine yet, but let me tell you that all you have to do is take a look at that wing and you'll realize it HAS to fly well! Huge area, thick airfoil. I'll bet the thing'd fly at 30 lbs! (kidding there). Look at the wing and you recall pretty quickly that this is a model of an airplane that was designed to lift bombs!
Best
Al
Old 03-02-2011, 07:33 PM
Grundy1

Hey, why does every company build the same size war birds?? They are all around 60" - 88" inch.. You should start making around 100" and 110" inch FW 190 or Corsair.. Not everyone has time to build something that size from a kit or glass kit.. Why build what everyone is has?? Make a market for yourself and become a leader..
Old 03-02-2011, 07:48 PM
dvs1

Grundy, that is an excellent idea and many would like to see it. The problem arises that usually a bird that big would be a pretty expensive kit, requiring a equally expensive engine and retracts. While some would gladly purchase such a plane, it puts it out of the hands of a large portion of potential buyers and for that fact I think that manufactures wont produce planes that big knowing that the customer base would be small.
Old 03-02-2011, 08:13 PM
Experten109/40
My Feedback: (-1)

ORIGINAL: Grundy1

Hey, why does every company build the same size war birds?? They are all around 60" - 88" inch.. You should start making around 100" and 110" inch FW 190 or Corsair.. Not everyone has time to build something that size from a kit or glass kit.. Why build what everyone is has?? Make a market for yourself and become a leader..
well in my opinion I would think the money envolved would be out of the question for most.
especially if they like scale looks. not everybodymakes money like alawyer does.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:58 AM
Karl G

ORIGINAL: Grundy1

Hey, why does every company build the same size war birds?? They are all around 60'' - 88'' inch.. You should start making around 100'' and 110'' inch FW 190 or Corsair.. Not everyone has time to build something that size from a kit or glass kit.. Why build what everyone is has?? Make a market for yourself and become a leader..

Already being done: http://vogelsang-aeroscale.com/warbirds.html ...in 1/4 scale...if you are willing to pay the dollar.
Old 03-03-2011, 08:11 AM
panhndl
My Feedback: (10)

Well, I broke down and ordered my T-28 two days ago. Should be here in a couple of months which gives me time to decide on an engine and purchase all the other goodies I'll be needing to finish it. Hopefully I'll have it done by this fall.

Anyone that has a T-28 want to let me know anything before I get the model? I know the initial run had a couple problems, but the thread has been cencored and information is sort of hard to come by. I don't want bashing. Just some pointers on things I should check specific to this kit. It will receive the usual going over when it arrives.
Old 03-03-2011, 08:14 AM
flytaildragger
My Feedback: (8)

For KMP we decided on the 1/5th scale for several reasons. Shipping for a plane 100" plus would be two boxes and run close to $275 or more. I will concur with some of the other conclusions that the expense would again be half again more and to make it flyable, the engine, servos, etc would up the ante considerably. Then there is transportation to the field.

The desired managable size is 80"-86" and IMAA legal.

There are several companies in Europe that boldly go larger and their price reflects it.
Old 03-03-2011, 08:19 AM
flytaildragger

ORIGINAL: panhndl

Well, I broke down and ordered my T-28 two days ago. Should be here in a couple of months which gives me time to decide on an engine and purchase all the other goodies I'll be needing to finish it. Hopefully I'll have it done by this fall.

Anyone that has a T-28 want to let me know anything before I get the model? I know the initial run had a couple problems, but the thread has been cencored and information is sort of hard to come by. I don't want bashing. Just some pointers on things I should check specific to this kit. It will receive the usual going over when it arrives.
That is because there hasn't been anyone that has built or flown it offer any information on it. I can help you if you call us.
Old 03-03-2011, 12:26 PM
panhndl
My Feedback: (10)

That is because there hasn't been anyone that has built or flown it offer any information on it. I can help you if you call us.

Ok. I can wait and just talk to you all when the model arrives, but one quick question about the plane. Do you have a weight with the Aerovate 45, retracts, gear, electronics, etc. all in the plane? 20 lbs or so?
Old 03-03-2011, 02:59 PM
kahloq

Is there an expected time frame for when a new prototype/final version with the chosen changes will be previewed at a shown somenwhere?
Old 03-04-2011, 08:08 AM
flytaildragger

Ok. I can wait and just talk to you all when the model arrives, but one quick question about the plane. Do you have a weight with the Aerovate 45, retracts, gear, electronics, etc. all in the plane? 20 lbs or so?
Your guessed about right,
Old 03-04-2011, 08:10 AM
flytaildragger

No, I have received confirmation that the production will be delayed because of the changes though.
Old 01-23-2012, 04:09 PM
baddley
My Feedback: (1)

flytaildragger

I have a couple of questions about your AT6.

1. When are you going to release the manual for this plane ? (I would like to review it before making a purchase)
2. What do you reccomend for servos on this plane ?
3. Do you have any more pics beside what is on the website that are we could see ?
4. Does this plane also contain a recessed cover or hatch like the T28 does for switches etc ?

Thanks for the help !

Scott

Old 01-23-2012, 04:47 PM
flytaildragger

ORIGINAL: baddley

flytaildragger

I have a couple of questions about your AT6.

1. When are you going to release the manual for this plane ? (I would like to review it before making a purchase)
2. What do you reccomend for servos on this plane ?
3. Do you have any more pics beside what is on the website that are we could see ?
4. Does this plane also contain a recessed cover or hatch like the T28 does for switches etc ?

Thanks for the help !

Scott

Hi Scott;

I will try and answer your questions as best as we can...

1. The manual for the AT-6 has not been installed on the website yet as we have been finalizing the production copy and wanted to make sure everything was in order... The manual is being sent to me as I write this and I will copy you by email.
2. Servos for this plane should be better than standard. Most of the time, the modelers have a favorite to use and the rudder and the flaps should have at least 100 in/oz torque and the rest of the controls at least 70+. Those are the minimum standards. In designing your electronics, you plane will only operate as well as it's weakest link. Magnum RC has a unique digital servo that is coreless and high torque. It out performs many of the major brands and is priced very competitively. You might check them out.
3. Some additional pictures have arrived of the new AT6 in a Harvard configuration with the retracts on it etc. I will post them here sometime tommorrow.
4. The recessed covers on the side of the planes have been discontinued in the AT6 and the Trojan. The manufacturer just couldn't get it to our standards. Instead, the top hatch has been designed with a quick release lever to access the inside of the plane. We feel that your switch panel would be best hidden inside this area and easily accessable. The FW190 still has the gunhood with the switch panel designed under the guns.

I hope this helps, I will try to answer any further questions as we go. The Northwest Model Exposition will introduce the revised final copy of our FW190 D9 and the new P-51D Mustang in "Gunfighter" colors.
Old 01-25-2012, 03:00 PM
flytaildragger

Here are a few pictures of the KMP Harvard and one of the AT6 on display. Hope you like it Scott.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki18420.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	259.2 KB
ID:	1718967   Click image for larger version

Name:	Up48556.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	529.3 KB
ID:	1718968   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ty66561.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	272.9 KB