Community
Search
Notices
Redcat Racing Support Moderated Support Forum for all Redcat Racing Cars, Trucks & Buggies

My redcat buggy froze!

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 04:32 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: My redcat buggy froze!

ORIGINAL: Go Gators

hey buddy thanks for the directions but you forgot to tell me how to remove the bar attached the the throttle. there are several screws and i see that the bar screws itself into the housing of the motor thottle but need help fing how to get it free. BTW thanks to all other posts. John
i believe that the throttle linkage hooks to the throttle body via a ball joint. the black part has a cup that fits onto a metal ball that is attached to the carb. use a pair of pliers to pull the black part off the ball. it usually helps to turn the black part at an angle.

i edited pic to highlight the part.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ge94977.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	80.7 KB
ID:	1573283  
Old 03-04-2011, 04:35 PM
Go Gators

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

can someone tell me how to detach motor from throttle mechanism? i see it has a screw near end of rod leading into throttle but i dont wanrt  i dont want to break anything.   Thanks to all!  John
Old 03-04-2011, 04:51 PM
Go Gators

are you sure it will pop off and then be able to push back into new engine? also whats with the screw into the accordian sleeve? can i screw that in more to get more power? thanks
Old 03-04-2011, 04:55 PM
Go Gators

ok i popped it off thanks! will let you know how it works out with new engine. I will need to read up other threads as I hear i have to leave the piston on the bottom. not sure how though!. Thanks again John
Old 03-04-2011, 05:00 PM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

ok i popped it off thanks! will let you know how it works out with new engine. I will need to read up other threads as I hear i have to leave the piston on the bottom. not sure how though!. Thanks again John
to leave the piston at top dead center....
remove the glow plug, watch the piston move down as you pull the starter cord, or as you rotate the flywheel from the underside.
you will see the piston go to its lowest point, then start to come back up. leave it at its lowest point as the motor cools down. this will keep the cylinder wall from pinching the piston and making it hard to start the next time.
Old 03-04-2011, 05:45 PM
foxys

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Once you've found BDC (bottom dead center) mark the flywheel so you can get it back there easier.
Old 03-04-2011, 05:54 PM
Go Gators

GREAT!! Thanks Guys!

Old 03-04-2011, 06:28 PM
gigabyte411

I'm guessing that your talking about my post?

I don't understand the question. When you unscrew the throttle servo arm the bar don't have to come off you can just move them out of the way..
Old 03-05-2011, 03:30 PM
Go Gators

ok so i replaced the motor and everything is ready to go however, when i crank the motor, it will start after a few pulls but when it does, it it gets the wheels spinning. In other words I cant get it to just idle. I have turned down the idle on the remote but it still wont just idle. I am at the first stage to just run a full tank and need help. Thanks John
Old 03-05-2011, 04:26 PM
1ofmyfuns

richen it up and let it run, my SH.21 did the same thing until it was on the second or third tank and then it started to settle down and Imade some adjustments...

Good luck Ihope this all works out great for ya

Peace
Old 03-05-2011, 04:46 PM
gigabyte411

have you tried to watch the video's? I think that the video's will really help you break in the engine and learn about the carb.
Old 03-05-2011, 04:58 PM
1ofmyfuns

ORIGINAL: gigabyte411

have you tried to watch the video's? I think that the video's will really help you break in the engine and learn about the carb.

very good advise.....all noobs to Nitro Engines should watch the video's for sure........will save them a lot of grief and money ta-boot!
Old 03-05-2011, 06:24 PM
Go Gators

ok yes i need to richen it then but which direction do i screw the carb? I have allready ruined an engine by running too lean. do i turn it clockwise or counter? Thanks John

if anyone has links to the vids i would gladly appreciate it. Thanks Again!!!!
Old 03-05-2011, 06:27 PM
Go Gators

also when u mean richen it up and let it run, do u mean let it run even with the wheels spinning? again, which direction do i adjust the screw to richen it? Thanks John
Old 03-05-2011, 06:28 PM
Go Gators

also when u mean richen it up and let it run, do u mean let it run even with the wheels spinning? again, which direction do i adjust the screw to richen it? Thanks John

ORIGINAL: 1ofmyfuns

richen it up and let it run, my SH.21 did the same thing until it was on the second or third tank and then it started to settle down and Imade some adjustments...

Good luck Ihope this all works out great for ya

Peace
Old 03-05-2011, 06:41 PM
1ofmyfuns

ok yes i need to richen it then but which direction do i screw the carb? I have allready ruined an engine by running too lean. do i turn it clockwise or counter? Thanks John

if anyone has links to the vids i would gladly appreciate it. Thanks Again!!!!

Counter clockwise....................! like your unscrewing a light bulb........counter clockwise raises the HSN ( high speed needle ) farther up out of the main jet which allows more fuel to enter the engine.

Clockwise will close the gap between the needle and the jet causing a leaner mixter which means the air to fuel ratio is then to high, ( to much air intake for the amount of fuelthe engine is getting until it starts breaking in it will act a little like it is running fat / rich even if it isn't, it will be a little boggy and sluggish until it get broken in a bit from my experience so just make sure when it's idling that you can hold your finger about an inch away from the exhaust opening and get it oil soaked pretty quick, I set mine so that even when idling it is spitting out raw fuel a bit for the first 2 tanks Irun through it ....... dont rev itvery high WOTuntil you get a couple tanks run through it and then I'd start running it around but not all out just give it time to seat and mate all of the surfaces in the engine and then on the 5th tank tune it good and have some fun...
Old 03-05-2011, 06:56 PM
Go Gators

great post so clounter clock it is. But what about the wheels spinning? will they stop spinning once i richen it up or are they supposed to spin untill brocken in a bit? Thanks John
Old 03-05-2011, 07:04 PM
1ofmyfuns

they will spin if it is idling a bit high, are they spinning so fast that they are ballooning up in the middle or are they just spinning a medium speed...?

if tires are ballooning up that is too high and is not good, ned to back the idle screw out until it calms down a bit.

also make sure the LSN is not set too lean as wellyou might back it out 1/4 turn and see if the idle goes down a bit if so leave it there until you get 3-4 tanks run through it.
Old 03-05-2011, 07:06 PM
1ofmyfuns

here is a little something Ithrew together real quick for ya maybe this will help in case you still have a question on the HSN..
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ig11013.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	1574001  
Old 03-05-2011, 07:09 PM
Go Gators

no the tires are not spinning that fast but spinning nontheless. cant get them to idle. I will try to unscrew and run it richer and see. I assume this will solve the problem. not sure though.

again, anyone with video links for getting my buggy broke in will be appreciated! Thanks JOhn
Old 03-05-2011, 07:40 PM
1ofmyfuns

Video links to help you bud..... I know you will know some of this already but it will help you in other area possibly......

Hope this will help you get lined out on your vehicle...

we're gonna get you going...!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrIiT...feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhZVL...feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhWjC...el_video_title

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxNEl...feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgbZH...feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frRLv...feature=relmfu

Old 03-05-2011, 07:44 PM
Go Gators

awesome thanks! I will check them out in the morning.
Old 03-05-2011, 07:57 PM
1ofmyfuns

here's another tuning vid that may also help explain things a bit better for ya. Go Gators

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M4j_...feature=fvwrel
Old 03-05-2011, 08:01 PM
1ofmyfuns

you might even take some notes as you watch the vids to help you remember some of the key info....... just hang in there you'll be up and running in no time.

your welcome.......get yourself a soda pop and sit back and enjoy alishanmao's " Wideo's "........lol

Not making fun in a bad way here it just always makes me laugh when Ihear him speak some words with his accent.....
Old 03-06-2011, 06:36 AM
Go Gators

now im confused. on my hurricane, which screws corespond to what? I see that i have only 2 diffrent ones. the one with the brass surrounding it is which? and then theres the one under near where the air filter hose hooks up. can someone please tell me which is what? thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.