Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Nitro Stadium Trucks
Reload this Page >

will this engine fit in my Losi XXX-NT

Community
Search
Notices
RC Nitro Stadium Trucks Discuss all aspects of rc nitro stadium trucks here

will this engine fit in my Losi XXX-NT

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 08:21 AM
sirhc221

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default will this engine fit in my Losi XXX-NT

Found a good deal on a OS Max .12 TR Big Block, haven't bought it yet, but its a really good price for a brand new engine so I wanted to find out a few things.

One: will this (big block) fit in my XXX-NT....right now i have a OS .12 CVR
Two: what does big block really mean or refer too

I heard this was a good engine for the XXX-NT but wasnt too sure about the big block thing, also hear an OS. .12 TZ is good as well, but for the price of this TR I could get like 8 TR's to one TZ lol

Any help would be appreciated. My OS. 12 CVR really hauls but it wont last long cuz i got it used...i could get it re pinched..but a NIB engine seems a better way to go.

THANKS in advance

Old 02-22-2011, 11:38 PM
puckshot
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: will this engine fit in my Losi XXX-NT

I dont think they make a .12 big block..Small blocks are .12 .15 and .18 and big blocks are .21 .28 and so on..but to answer your question no you cant put a big block on your xxx nt way to much power.. I have a xxx nt ad2 with aDynamite Platinum .18RE 5 Port Engine w/Pullstart and that is even way to much i could barey keep the front wheeles down with that but it flys. it is crazy fast..And if im not misakin mine called for any small block with standard shaft but you can put a motor with a sg shaft jusy have to change ur clutch...

Old 03-07-2011, 01:53 PM
125cchyperman

As puck shot has said they dont make large block .12 and the information he gave is correct. A large block is .21 or larger, also anything larger then a .18 and I would not want to use it. Way to much power and torque for the little truck, even my old O.S .18CVR has way to much power for the truck. After putting that motor in I didnt run it to long before switching to a smaller engine that the engine could run. It's a frankenstein motor but it works well with the truck, it's a mach .15 engine case with a megatech .16 sleeve and piston and as I said it works pretty well for what it is. But my advise is to use a .12-.18.
Old 03-08-2011, 05:10 AM
sirhc221

Thats why I ask for advice because the add said, Big Block, so I was real unsure what that meant for a .12.   I had purchased a NIB Nova Rossi .12 Novarossi NS12TS1 for about $80 and was installing it (and noticed the sg pilot shaft) so I had to buy new clutch etc, had a hard time with it because the fly wheel would sit too close to the chasis and would not turn....so i GAVE up...but four weeks later I'm at it again and I actually got it to fit, now the only problem is the fly wheel has a hard time reaching the bump start ( its a roto start engine but im not using that!) wheel and this is because I have a RTR chasis, so Now im getting a new chasis to see if that will help.  I was all for getting a new engine again (os .12 TR) but the i thought, I paid for a good Novarossi so i'm going to make it work!

I can only imagine how fast some of your cars are with a .18CVR... I thought my .12CVR hauled ass!

thanks for the advice!
Old 03-08-2011, 06:14 AM
Fuel Crazy
My Feedback: (1)

FYI there are small, big block engines. The OS RX .15 was a small cubic inch bigblock, as well as the Novamega SX15.