Community
Search
Notices
Off Topic Forum - Cars, Trucks, Buggies and more Get to know your fellow RCU member modelers in here and discuss off topic non-rc stuff. Only two topics OFF LIMITS are religion and politics. This forum for car & truck members. Plane & Heli members have their own in clubhouse section.

Anyone Into Sim Racing?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 12:42 AM
E-SKY_FLYER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone Into Sim Racing?

Hey guys/Gals,

I'm wondering if anyone is into Sim Racing/Racing Games? I have been playing iRacing.com a lot lately. I am hoping to start my virtual racing career in the next few weeks.

I welcome anyone to check out my Sim Racing News web site
[link=http://www.polepositiondriver.net]http://www.polepositiondriver.net[/link]
Old 03-08-2011, 05:32 AM
Fuel Crazy
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: Anyone Into Sim Racing?

i race on Live For Speed. www.lfs.net
Old 03-08-2011, 09:11 AM
Ttam Says Blarg

I have been looking at iRacing ever since it came out. I love nascar and road racing and iRacing looks like they nailed it. Just one problem. Its expensive plus I dont have a wheel or a comp thats really up to spec..
Old 03-08-2011, 09:31 AM
Anthoop

I also play LFS, have never tried iRacing (/iRental)...the on going cost puts me off.

ORIGINAL: Ttam Says Blarg

I have been looking at iRacing ever since it came out. I love nascar and road racing and iRacing looks like they nailed it. Just one problem. Its expensive plus I dont have a wheel or a comp thats really up to spec..
LFS can fix 2 of your problems, it is one cheap payment and you do not need a high spec computer (not that iRacing requires massive specs).
Click the link Fuel Crazy gave, the demo is free to download and you can play online...many demo users always online, no preset time for races,just join a host. You can play LFS using mouse/keyboard/joypad/wheel.
Old 03-08-2011, 10:26 AM
Fuel Crazy

Anthoop....what do you usually race? What servers?

I mainly run FBM... AABackwood FBM, AADemo FBM, MRC GPTrack BMW &MRC Forumla BMW. Look me up sometime if you run FBM's.. run under INEEDSPOTS. Best lap sofar is a 1.14.92.. with my own setup.
Old 03-08-2011, 12:14 PM
Anthoop

I have the full version (S2), so I do not drive demo very often but when I do it is usually XFG/XRG...I am not a big fan of the FBM.
You can check my stats (as I did yours) at http://www.lfsworld.net/ click the "Online Racer Stats"...same name...Anthoop.
As you can see I am in the B2R team, so invariably I am on our servers...or Redline/R2R...I will look for your name next time I am on.
Old 03-08-2011, 12:38 PM
Ttam Says Blarg

Trying live for speed now.. I dont know if you guys count forza as a sim but I play a lot of it.
Old 03-08-2011, 01:23 PM
Fuel Crazy

ORIGINAL: Anthoop

I have the full version (S2), so I do not drive demo very often but when I do it is usually XFG/XRG...I am not a big fan of the FBM.
You can check my stats (as I did yours) at http://www.lfsworld.net/ click the "Online Racer Stats"...same name...Anthoop.
As you can see I am in the B2R team, so invariably I am on our servers...or Redline/R2R...I will look for your name next time I am on.
i am S2 licensed as well. Only time i mess with any of the other cars is in single player messing with LFStweak and running on the dragstrip.

I see you've run 1.13's with FBM on blackwood (only track i race on). You using mouse or wheel?

Old 03-08-2011, 02:49 PM
Anthoop

ORIGINAL: Fuel Crazy
i am S2 licensed as well. Only time i mess with any of the other cars is in single player messing with LFStweak and running on the dragstrip.
I see you've run 1.13's with FBM on blackwood (only track i race on). You using mouse or wheel?
I use wheel, a G25 that broke 2 days ago [:@] ...hopefully it will live again. If not then the piggy bank will be raided for a Fanatec.
Try the other combos too...they are all fun with a good group.
Old 03-08-2011, 05:20 PM
sputnikwood

waiting for Shift 2. i know it's not a sim to the truest extent. i'm currently using a driving force gt.

i have gtr evolution and have touched LFS and iracing (cracked) briefly. i would like to get GT5, but the system is still way expensive for only a couple of games im interested in...like metal gear solid.
Old 03-08-2011, 05:28 PM
Fuel Crazy

ORIGINAL: Anthoop

I use wheel, a G25 that broke 2 days ago [:@] ...hopefully it will live again. If not then the piggy bank will be raided for a Fanatec.
Try the other combos too...they are all fun with a good group.
Ive tried racing with the other cars and just couldnt get into em. I like racing the FBM, and trying to tune my own set instead of just downloading one like most do.

I also use a wheel.. but i have a el cheapo Microsoft Sidewinder. Works fine for me though, just not as nice and precise as the Logitech's and other big $$ ones.

Old 03-09-2011, 11:30 AM
Anthoop

Ive tried racing with the other cars and just couldnt get into em. I like racing the FBM, and trying to tune my own set instead of just downloading one like most do.
I also use a wheel.. but i have a el cheapo Microsoft Sidewinder. Works fine for me though, just not as nice and precise as the Logitech's and other big $$ ones.
Yes learning to tune sets is very important, the more you learn the more it will help.
I use the wheel a fair amount so the investment balances out...well that is my excuse.
Old 03-26-2011, 04:03 PM
E-SKY_FLYER

Anyone that is looking into Live For Speed can download all the World Record Setups from their web site.

Are there many users from here that play iRacing? I've been starting my racing career on there and its been very involving.
Old 03-27-2011, 10:53 AM
Anthoop

ORIGINAL: E-SKY_FLYER

Anyone that is looking into Live For Speed can download all the World Record Setups from their web site.
Not quite true. You can download the WR replays at www.lfsworld.net and test drive the set or even look at some of the parameters, but you can not download WR sets from the official site.

Edit- there are some sites where WR holders download their setups for others to use, such as- http://www.setupgrid.net/ ...and... http://setupfield.teaminferno.hu/ .