Community
Search
Notices
RC Electric Off-Road Trucks, Buggies, Truggies and more Discuss electric RC off-road, buggies & trucks here. Also discuss brushless motors, speed controllers aka ESC's, brushed motors, etc

caldera 10e beef

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 07:54 PM
jimjw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default caldera 10e beef

i've just bought my first truck rc and was wondering if i could get some ideas on beefing it up. already upgraded my batteries slightly to 7.2 4500. i would like to upgrade my tires, if nothing else to make them more realistic, and eventually purchase the gravedigger body. i know i can switch to lipo but what would give me the best results without damaging my speed controller or anything else for that matter. any other upgrades would be appreciated and thank you in advance.
Old 03-09-2011, 02:13 PM
jimjw

Default RE: caldera 10e beef

also i'm not deffinate the esc is waterproof. if so is the fan also or what are my limitations for water. i would also like to ask about charging batteries. i,ve heard you need to trickle charge your nihms every once in awhile. would once a week be enough or maybe once a month? sorry for so many random questions but i want to make sure and get the best experience out of this, and thanks again.
Old 03-09-2011, 06:47 PM
formula87

Default RE: caldera 10e beef

You might want to check out the Redcat Racing forum on here.  There are a lot of mods for that and you can run up to 3s lipo without any problem.