Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Cars, Buggies, Trucks, Tanks and more > RC Truggy
Reload this Page >

new truggy exceed madwarrior

Notices
RC Truggy Trucks and buggies together make a truggy. Discuss all things truggy right here.

new truggy exceed madwarrior

Old 03-09-2011, 12:55 PM
jman214

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new truggy exceed madwarrior

I just go a new truggy its by exceed I know don't flame me I know what everybody says about exceed what are some things I can change on the truggy to make it better thanks
Old 03-09-2011, 05:08 PM
McWolf_101

Default RE: new truggy exceed madwarrior

First, do not concern yourself with what others may think of your purchase. You 'liked' it and could afford it, so you bought it. Second, upgrade the servos. Third, purchase the spare parts that commonly need replacing on ALL truggies of ANY brand. This includes suspension arms, drive cups, dogbones, etc. Finally, have fun with it.
Old 03-11-2011, 09:31 AM
MCSRacing
My Feedback: (2)

ORIGINAL: McWolf_101

First, do not concern yourself with what others may think of your purchase. You 'liked' it and could afford it, so you bought it. Second, upgrade the servos. Third, purchase the spare parts that commonly need replacing on ALL truggies of ANY brand. This includes suspension arms, drive cups, dogbones, etc. Finally, have fun with it [img][/img].
+1
Old 03-12-2011, 12:43 PM
IROC-AR15
My Feedback: (10)

First, do not concern yourself with what others may think of your purchase. You 'liked' it and could afford it, so you bought it. Second, upgrade the servos. Third, purchase the spare parts that commonly need replacing on ALL truggies of ANY brand. This includes suspension arms, drive cups, dogbones, etc. Finally, have fun with it [img][/img].
I agree with him also they do have aluminum upgrades for these truggies just like any other although alot of others dont offer them like the big names I'm sure people will try convince you 2 get!
Congratulations Dude and let me know how you enjoy it cause I know you will....They aren't bad at all just a new company trying to make a name for them selves
Old 03-12-2011, 01:50 PM
jman214

Do you guys know if any Parts from other truggys will fit
Old 03-12-2011, 02:00 PM
IROC-AR15

now that I do not know about I would say not though as the design does not closely match any other truggy that i've seen
Old 03-12-2011, 06:06 PM
McWolf_101

I am uncertain if truggy parts from other companies will fit. That being said, the Exceed RC MadWarrior is a rebadged Nanda Racing BD8T. Hence, parts for that particular truggy will DEFINITELY fit. Hope this helps.
Old 03-12-2011, 06:29 PM
IROC-AR15

I am uncertain if truggy parts from other companies will fit. That being said, the Exceed RC MadWarrior is a rebadged Nanda Racing BD8T. Hence, parts for that particular truggy will DEFINITELY fit. Hope this helps. [img][/img]
Yeah they are def the same with the exception of the wheels and motor. The Nanda offers a .25 and the Exceed carries a .21 and .28(pro)
Old 03-12-2011, 06:34 PM
jman214

Thanks very much for that info that help alot
Old 03-12-2011, 08:47 PM
IROC-AR15

Anytime that's whats this place is for and again Congrats and Enjoy!
Old 03-13-2011, 04:42 AM
scott36
My Feedback: (54)

have you ran it , hows it run out, do tell us,
Old 03-13-2011, 08:22 AM
jman214

Not yet have not have time I'm getting servos and a 2.4ghz remote before I run it
Old 03-13-2011, 10:14 AM
McWolf_101

Here are some items you can have a look at 'jman214' .

Radio: http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...annel-Receiver

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...o-w-S200-Servo

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...004GF-Receiver.

Throttle/Brake Servo: http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...tal-Gear-Servo

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...r-Servo-S-JR-Z.

Steering Servo: http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...tal-Gear-Servo

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...r-Servo-S-JR-Z.

Hope this helps .

Old 03-15-2011, 11:14 AM
jman214

I going to run the exceed madwarrior friday what screws could I all locktite and what screws to look for that are normally loose
Old 03-15-2011, 04:06 PM
scott36
My Feedback: (54)

grub screws on the drive shafts, engine mount screws, any metal to metal screws
Old 03-18-2011, 05:04 PM
jman214

Today I manage to get 2 tanks thru it I was suprised by it actually it has a little pep ok the first tank idle good all the way thru . I let it cool off I put more fuel in all of a sudden brown stuff started leaking out the exhaust what could this be and all of a sudden when I pull the pull start green crap was coming out where the string come from it still started. But what could this be I know I should have might passed on exceed but it seems like a good sturdy truggy I'm gooing to see how tomorrow goes and I haave a fail safe on it but when I hit the brakes it stalls
Old 03-18-2011, 06:54 PM
IROC-AR15

Your good man...It's a new motor...When people complain about Exceed they are talking bout the parts not the engine! Just continue thru and let it rip. All That should go away after a full throttle blast! I had the same thing happen with my HPI MT2 G3.0
Old 03-18-2011, 07:33 PM
jman214

Alright thanks man because it looks nice and sturdy I just have to take time out and figure it out but so far I'm impressed will finish breaking it in tomorrow do you know why my servo could be acting crazy it turns to one side good but barely to the left I centered the servo and everything and why does. It. Die when I apply the brakes
Old 03-18-2011, 10:04 PM
ilanstylz
My Feedback: (12)

Check what your steering trim is on your radio, also your batteries may be low on the truggy so try switching them out......... You might have your idle gap to small or you can try adjusting your throttle trim (I would do this first), but if that doesn't fix it open up your idle gap just a tad bit...... One tip for breaking in an engine is to always put it to top dead center after running...... I used to have a madwarrior and I loved it, I own some of the top name brands rc's as well, and I felt like my madwarrior was a beast and held up just as good as any truggy I've owned.........
Old 03-20-2011, 09:42 PM
Midwest_Mudder

ORIGINAL: ilanstylz

Check what your steering trim is on your radio, also your batteries may be low on the truggy so try switching them out......... You might have your idle gap to small or you can try adjusting your throttle trim (I would do this first), but if that doesn't fix it open up your idle gap just a tad bit...... One tip for breaking in an engine is to always put it to top dead center after running...... I used to have a madwarrior and I loved it, I own some of the top name brands rc's as well, and I felt like my madwarrior was a beast and held up just as good as any truggy I've owned.........
if it dies when you apply the brakes it is your idle gap, no ifs, ands, or buts... slowly turn the idle screw clockwise until it continues to run even with the brakes fully engaged. Using your transmitter to set the idle is a bad idea, it will continue to die when you hit the brakes, the reason it does that is because when you hit the brakes, the servo reverses what it does when you hit the gas, so it pushes the carb as far closed as the idle screw allows, that is why there is probably a sping on the other side of the throttle linkage that connects to the servo (not the throttle return spring). That spring allows the servo to push past the point of the carb being fully closed without stopping.

As for exceed, i own the battilion with the .21 motor in it. Ihave only had problems with the front suspension arms breaking, mainly from being a dumbass on my part. The rims that were on mine cracked a little (again, read "i was a dumbass"), so i tossed on a set of proline tires and have never looked back. The truggy runs great, the engine starts on the second or third pull every time. nitrorcx (the only place to get parts)hasnt given me any problems, all of my purchases have been shipped within 48hrs, and always arrive within 4 days of purchase. You will have to try pretty hard to break things, normal running wont bust it. I ran it with a couple other 1/8th scale truggies from other companies, and i really cant complain. After 4 hours worth of "racing" around on the local track i only had one issue, and that was with the screws backing out, I'd suggest loctiting the motor mount screws, and all the metal to metal screws. I did it when i first got it, but the vibrations/heat may have caused them to back out, or I missed them. Ihave done some pretty stupid stuff with it and its held up, great value for what it really does. It held up to about 3 cartwheels that day, and Iwatched another truggy snap the front arms after the first time they did it.

Stick with the plastic parts, LOADUPon parts you may break (cheaper in the long run, shipping costs almost the same as an extra set of arms, might as well buy a few sets at a time). They're decent truggies, and in my mind dont deserve the crap they get.

Old 03-26-2011, 07:36 PM
jman214

Man let me tell you guys I don't know if I got lucky or what but this is a nice truggy . I ran 8 tanks thru it today with no problems it holds a tune real good and everything pretty fast for .21 engine now I want to see what a sh.28 will do. At the track they did not believe it was a exceed cause I put a new body on but I was proud today I'm still trying to figure out why exceed has a bad rep
Old 03-26-2011, 07:49 PM
McWolf_101

I'm glad to see that you're having so much fun with your truggy 'jman'. A word of advice though, and that is DON'T waste your time trying to figure out why Exceed RC or any other so-called 'off-brand' has a bad reputation. The members of RCU, myriad opinions and all, are here to help each other as best as possible with any problems that may arise with the VARIOUS vehicles from WHATEVER brand that they own. Just have fun running YOUR truggy and continue to enjoy this great hobby.
Old 03-29-2011, 11:56 PM
jman214

Does anybody know what .28 engine will be a direct fit
Old 03-30-2011, 04:10 AM
McWolf_101

To be honest, I believe that ANY .28 engine should be a direct replacement. However, I'm open to correction.
Old 04-21-2011, 08:57 PM
jman214

Does anybody know how I can adjust the brakes to make them stop better. And possibly know the stock needle setting

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.