Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

"Over center" mixing JR 9303

Old 03-17-2011, 05:43 AM
overnout
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Over center" mixing JR 9303

Hi All - I'm looking for the best way to perform over-center mixing on my 9303. First let me describe what I'm trying to accomplish in this specific situation.

I have a retract/brake combination valve controled by a single servo. When the gear is in the down position, I need to be able to move the servo at least 3mm to activate the brakes. I plan to mix this with down elevator so that I control the gear with the gear channel and mix down elevator to gear to move the rest of the 3mm to activate the brakes. Any suggestions on how best to do this? I've done this in past with 2 separate valves but never with a combination valve.

Also, I like to push the gear switch away from me for gear down and pull towards me for gear up. However, when to activate the mixing using the gear switch the radio defaults to the reverse. So the problem I have is when the mix is activate , the gear is in the up position instead of the down. Is their a way to reverse the mix activation? This is really hard to explain...hopefully it makes sense to JR users.

Thanks in adance.
Old 03-17-2011, 03:48 PM
baronbrian
My Feedback: (13)

Default RE:

Good Question, made me think for a few minutes...
Easiest way I can think of to fix your specific problem would be to use two mixes; set up the gear switch as you like it, back-gear down forward-gear up (this is backward, BTW, just sayin' ) Then, program your mix for the additional 3mm of movement that you need with down elevator. do not program this mix to a switch; you want the mix to be active all the time. Next, program a second mix that is EXACTLY opposite of the first. program this mix to the gear switch. So, when the switch is forward, the gear is up, and both mixes are active, and the two mixes cancel each other out. when the gear switch is back, the gear drop, and the opposite mix is turned off, allowing the first mix to work properly and activate your brakes. You can use multi-point mixes to only apply brake when near or full down elevator is given, or you can do a linear mix so you can feather the brakes as you slow down. Either way, hopefully you have one additional spare mix you can use for this. One question: Is this the heli version of the 9303? I thought the A/S vesion had a push button for the gear?

There are many ways to skin a cat. anyone else have any Ideas? more than one solution for this problem may give the one needed solution to another...

Good luck, hope this helps.
Old 03-17-2011, 03:55 PM
rmh

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE:

Aircraft used a switch -(JR always used switch -two position for gear)
Old 03-17-2011, 05:09 PM
baronbrian

Default RE: RE:

ORIGINAL: rmh

Aircraft used a switch -(JR always used switch -two position for gear)
You're right, I checked. the gear switch on the 9303 is one of the rear switches like the 10X. I thought the snap button was the control for the gear, i.e. press once for gear up, again for gear down. I prefer the gear switch / snap switch setup of the x-347 or 8103 radios, where the shorter switch is the gear switch.
Old 03-18-2011, 08:22 AM
baronbrian

Default RE:

Any luck, overnout?
Old 03-18-2011, 09:09 AM
overnout
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: RE:

Brian - Thanks for the response. You know I didn't realize that I have been doing the whole Gear switch thing backwards for so long. It just seemed logical to me. I've decided to simplify the mixing by "relearning" the normal way

And, based on your comments I believe I've figured-out the mixing. I'm doing some fine-tuning now but it appears to be working!

Thanks!