Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > The Clubhouse
Reload this Page >

Long EZ owners( Mine Flies finally!!!)

Community
Search
Notices
The Clubhouse If it doesn't fit in any other category and is about general RC stuff then post it here at the Clubhouse.

Long EZ owners( Mine Flies finally!!!)

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 04:50 PM
pitsspecial

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default RE: Long EZ owners( Mine Flies finally!!!)

Hi,

I was told about the elevator linkage problem and decided to fit seperate servos on each control surface and to dispose of the kit linkage, i will try flying without the mix then if it flew ok for you, did you manage to find a suitable C of G? ive read on other posts that it can vary a lot on what the kit states in its instructions?

All the best,
Di n Dave...
Old 04-04-2009, 06:24 PM
Dago Red
My Feedback: (11)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cant remember off the top of my head, its been someodd 3-4 years since. I would say about middle of the canopy if i remember correctly.
Old 04-12-2009, 04:31 PM
pitsspecial

Thanks Dago red,

The plan shows 451mm forward from the trailing edge of the wing, it ballanced with the 6v sub 'c' cell pack i put in the nose above the supplied nose weight, so i will give it a go from there.

Took it over the field today to run the motor up, unfortunatly it looks like i have a fuel supply problem, the motor is a pig to get going, runs great at 1/4 throttle and above but below that it cuts, when its not running the fuel is dripping bady from the carb so i recon the fuel tank is too high!!!!! looks like i will have to rip the tank out and fit it lower in the fuz, the carb on the 240 is underneath so looks like it is siphoning into it![]

Apart from that problem i am ready for a test flight........... it wont be long now!!!

All the best,
Di n Dave...
Old 04-12-2009, 05:32 PM
Dago Red

i believe i had a occilating fuel pump on mine to help with the tank problem. might want to look into it. cant remember where and how my tank was mounted for flight...on top of the wing or under.
Old 06-18-2009, 05:16 PM
pitsspecial

Hi Guys,

Well the Long EZ 160 finally flew tonight!!!!

Take off run was long, it took a lot to 'unstick' the model, once in the air i climbed to a safe height to trim it out, well..... thats when the fun started, i was holding in about 25 'clicks' of 'up' trim on the transmitter to fly it!! it also needed about 6 'clicks' of right trim, which wasent so bad, i flew curcuits for a few minuits then set up for a landing, it slows up well with a nice desent, but it still came in to fast so i throttled up to do another curcuitand the motor cut!! i managed to get it down, but without power i noticed it raised its nose, into a stall and droped from about 6 foot, only damage is the nose wheel...

When i checked the model over in the pits i noticed the fuel tank was empty! quite surprised, probly due to the big engine, so i will fit a larger tank before the next flight, also i noticed how much trim the plane needs to fly? ive been reading about adjusting the engine so it has 'down' thrust to pull the nose up? i will have to play around with this, but i need a few more flights to decide what to do, hope to get repaired and try again this weekend.......IT FLYS!!!!!

All the best,
Di n Dave...
Old 09-03-2009, 03:48 PM
OldFart1

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Would the Long EZ 160 make a good "home" for my Zenoah G26?
Old 04-27-2010, 04:20 PM
lothar2048

AK-MODELS beware !

He his a sign of their ending....
So be really carefull about this company, they did took the money and sent me this to make me think that my order was canceled... I had to prove to visa that i did not received anything from them...

Message after asking why no tracking but money taken :

Francois,
We have canceled your order due to suspicion of fraud.
All international orders have to be paid by PayPal.com

Or you can scan and e-mail us images of your card front and back along with your personal identification.

Thank you.

AK Models Inc.
Balsa Wood Inc.
3305 HWY 1 SW
Iowa City, IA 52240
http://ak-models.com/
http://balsawoodinc.com

The money is still not returned...

BEWARE !!!!!
Old 04-27-2010, 04:22 PM
lothar2048

Would have been fine if they were not closing orders arbitrarily and stealing their customers....
Old 04-27-2010, 11:41 PM
Cyclic Hardover
My Feedback: (3)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sign of the times.I still have his Giant Scale Long EZ NIB from a couple years ago
Old 04-30-2010, 06:00 PM
lothar2048

Just have a look on what AK models dealers said to me ....

I just precise that i paid with paypal direct payment procedure (Not registered account) with an International Visa Premier Card. They just had to call visa to verify my balance, and they would have know if htis was a fraud card or not...
"
Francois,
We have canceled your order due to suspicion of fraud.
All international orders have to be paid by PayPal.com

Or you can scan and e-mail us images of your card front and back along with your personal identification.

Thank you.

AK Models Inc.
Balsa Wood Inc.
3305 HWY 1 SW
Iowa City, IA 52240
http://ak-models.com/
http://balsawoodinc.com
"

I did not beleived it. I just answered what type of grass they were smoking, and they answered me a very good weed....

Don't know what thinking now, as after having contact with Richmodels Manufacturer, they do not have any kit in stock for the moment, and they are the only one who can provide it...

Just be aware of them, i think they are not serious dealers and also very bad sellers....

By the economic crysis times, who is refusing a 500$ order ?

Old 03-20-2011, 07:12 PM
ripfirer
My Feedback: (8)

Default RE: Long EZ owners

I use to own one a few years back untill it did the 6 million dollar dance. Anyway I been looking to buy another one but not from nitroplane, i had one last year and it was bad craftmanship. I had the same problem as dubflyer, my fix was to put a 1/4-24 plastic bolt with a blind nut in the front. flying it was fun as the wings always wag through out the whole flight including landing.I got tired of flying it and hung it up, but that first i own was the best i ever had.nw i am searching for another one so far two company i order from return my money because they were back order i come to learn they dont keep there site up to date as they said they would. who who otu there selling long ez not including nitroplane.
Old 06-04-2011, 04:08 AM
sbrackets

Hello
I'm new to this forum, but just recently came across a Nitroplanes Long-EZ 46 in a trade out at my club field. The ARF. went together rather well as the instructions were not of the best to follow, but I knew what had to be done.
I love the Plane so far as I only have one flight on her so far. The maiden flight was May 30th. I hope to have many more flights on this bird as it's a real crowd pleaser at the field. All the guys really like it.

Anyway I was able to capture some video of my maiden flight and thought I would share it with the group for those who are thinking about getting one of these birds. I say their pretty sweet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLhNPq9utdg

Enjoy, Jim
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo39250.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	185.0 KB
ID:	1618749  
Old 11-29-2011, 04:53 PM
Galand

ORIGINAL: sbrackets

Hello
I'm new to this forum, but just recently came across a Nitroplanes Long-EZ 46 in a trade out at my club field. The ARF. went together rather well as the instructions were not of the best to follow, but I knew what had to be done.
I love the Plane so far as I only have one flight on her so far. The maiden flight was May 30th. I hope to have many more flights on this bird as it's a real crowd pleaser at the field. All the guys really like it.

Anyway I was able to capture some video of my maiden flight and thought I would share it with the group for those who are thinking about getting one of these birds. I say their pretty sweet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLhNPq9utdg

Enjoy, Jim
Loved that video!
I just pulled the trigger on a yellow 46from Nitroplanes.
Plan to convert it to electric.
Have so far not been able to find a build forum or blog.
Do you have any advice?
Thanks.
Old 11-12-2014, 05:11 PM
Dago Red

Any st. Croix/fusco long ez owners have a spare cowl for a 1/5 long ez laying around...im fixing mine back up...and my cowl is rather ...well torn up.
Old 11-14-2014, 06:10 PM
binns aero

Sorry no cowls laying around,I'm thinking about floats on mine. Yes my meds work fine.)OS 52FS may have to go.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	aircraft house 449.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	1.22 MB
ID:	2047443  
Old 11-15-2014, 10:24 AM
hattend
My Feedback: (20)

Originally Posted by Dago Red
Any st. Croix/fusco long ez owners have a spare cowl for a 1/5 long ez laying around...im fixing mine back up...and my cowl is rather ...well torn up.
If you are good at carving it wouldn't be too hard to make one out of wood blocks. You could control cooling air better and even make it split (top and bottom) so you can work on the engine easier. I will do that to my Fusco Long Eze as the cowl he sent cracked just looking at it.

Don
Old 11-15-2014, 04:20 PM
Dago Red

Thats my next thing to do...use green floral foam and carve it out.
Old 11-22-2014, 07:20 AM
AMA234
My Feedback: (3)

I know this is an old thread, however; I am looking for a .60 size Long EZ. If anyone has one they are willing to part with please let me know.

Thanks,

Les