Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

RCX

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2011, 09:52 AM
Access

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RCX

What did you guys think of this years RCX?

Honestly it seemed like a lot of the same to me. I went last year, I went this year, and I didn't see a whole lot of new stuff.

LOSI was showing off some kind of new short course buggy that they claim to have just announced a few days ago.

Commercial QUADs are now starting to come to the market. I saw one or two hobby-level quads but they were expensive, in the $400. range. I saw pleanty of toy-level quads in the $200. or so range (still very expensive for something that's basically a X-UFO remake).

Traxxas Monster Mutt! Someone finally did it, this rather comical body is styled to resemble a dog, complete with flappable ears and a tongue.

I took a video of the treaded vehicle I saw last year, as you can see it has a full suspension. I wish we'd see more stuff like this released commercially.

One of the more interesting things was a fire truck with working lights, siren, and even a monitor inside with a passenger watching it.

I caught a flight demo with the newest blade micro helis, and all the Traxxas demos at the big track, the usual E-Revos and such jumping 25+ feet in the air.

BTW you can see everything I talk about in my video post: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10413781/tm.htm