Electric Pattern Aircraft Discuss epowered pattern aircraft in this forum

Spark F3A, from Krill Models - SPAIN TEAM

Old 03-20-2011, 07:45 PM
flyboy91
My Feedback: (1)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Spark F3A, from Krill Models - SPAIN TEAM

ORIGINAL: wattsup

Mike & ''sleeping'' I have elected to use the term ''mama san and shake and bakes'' loosely to describe the ''junk'' currently coming from the orient! I know full well where the Spark is produced.
Consider for a moment how much you have paid for the value you have recieved. Maybe this is good enough for you but, I want something better that will hold up long term and not for just 1 season. I guess I just don't buy into what the current fad dictates. ''Sleeping'', obviously JM composite planes are a cut above the rest. They are the only ones I've seen that represent value. Also, if the Spark fuse is so great, how come AJ is considering replacing the fuse only with another fuse produced here in the U.S.? I wonder how I found this out living in Franklin, TN? Ultimately
it does not matter what you buy or build, as I have said before____''YOU'VE STILL GOT TO FLY IT! Regards, Everette

Not sure what the thoughts about the spark being junk but I will say this is far from the truth. I have been really impressed with the quality of Krill products and the dedication that Ivo and his factory at Krill have put into producing a plane at a high level of quality. This is why they have been able to produce some of the nicest looking fully molded products to include 40% aircraft. As far as planes holding up for more than 1 season. The airplane I flew at the 2009 US F3A nationals, 2009 F3A worlds, and 2010 US Nationals were all the same plane, this plane has over 1500 flights on it and I am still flying it to this day. I went out last week and flew the same airplane and still nothing is wrong with that model.

Andrew
Old 03-21-2011, 02:42 AM
Jason Arnold

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here are some more pics showing what I have done to rectify the issue.

When the epoxy dries, I'll sand it back and hit it with some primer and paint. Should come up just like a bought one...

Cheers,
Jason.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Bz79631.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	157.1 KB
ID:	1581922   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yu63508.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	1581923   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jo29982.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	1581924   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sl27419.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	1581925  
Old 03-21-2011, 02:50 AM
wattsup

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Andrew, come on! I'm sure Ivo and his factory at Krill went out of their way to make sure you and a few other select flyers did not get one of the "seconds" as in Jason's case. But, in this world of trying to make a fast buck, people like Jason and some of the rest of us ARE being taken advantage of! If you had read my above responses you would have realized I had addressed this ongoing problem. Now, if you refuse to aknowledge that this happens then you like others have become willing participants. Second thought, perhaps you are being cautious because of your sponsors. That being said, is there any other issue you would like to discuss with me in this forum? BTW, do me a favor, if you are not interested or do not want to be bothered with answering an e mail that I sent you earlier concerning settings of the esc on my Osiris, that's fine. All you need to do is say so and I will do two things___#1 Understand. #2 Not bother to support you and your future activities by NOT purchasing ANY product you endorse! You will learn respect one day and that some of us do not play games! Regards, Everette
Old 03-21-2011, 03:09 AM
Jason Arnold

Everette,

I think you should calm down. My reporting of an issue was to simply see if anyone else had experienced the issue and what they did to fix it. It's not about bashing Krill which you seem intent on doing. RCU states: Please resist the urge to curse, flame, degrade, insult or embarrass someone in your post.

If your rants continue I will notify the moderators so they can take action.

Regards,
Jason.
Old 03-21-2011, 03:30 AM
flyboy91

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Everette,

I'm very sorry you feel this way about me and krill, I will let you know that I've worked very hard in all my years of flying to be the most honest person I can, I'm willing to help anyone at the field that has any trouble with any problem there having.
I just wanted to come on to put in my point of view.
As far as them making me special sparks, it possible but the first two sparks I had were sparks that Ivo never new about me having, stock out of the box sparks.
And as far as your emails go, which email did you use? I stand behind my products 100% and maybe before jumping to a conclusion go to the source and maybe see if the email was ever received. A simple pm would have gotten you the answers you needed.

My email is [email protected] try that one and I'll get you all sorted out.

Andrew Jesky

ORIGINAL: wattsup

Andrew, come on! I'm sure Ivo and his factory at Krill went out of their way to make sure you and a few other select flyers did not get one of the ''seconds'' as in Jason's case. But, in this world of trying to make a fast buck, people like Jason and some of the rest of us ARE being taken advantage of! If you had read my above responses you would have realized I had addressed this ongoing problem. Now, if you refuse to aknowledge that this happens then you like others have become willing participants. Second thought, perhaps you are being cautious because of your sponsors. That being said, is there any other issue you would like to discuss with me in this forum? BTW, do me a favor, if you are not interested or do not want to be bothered with answering an e mail that I sent you earlier concerning settings of the esc on my Osiris, that's fine. All you need to do is say so and I will do two things___#1 Understand. #2 Not bother to support you and your future activities by NOT purchasing ANY product you endorse! You will learn respect one day and that some of us do not play games! Regards, Everette
Old 03-21-2011, 04:14 AM
sleeping

Everette,

I'm sorry, your comments towards Andrew are bunk. And further, it is you, not he demonstrating a total lack of respect.

Take Jason's advice and calm down.

Old 03-21-2011, 05:18 AM
petec
My Feedback: (58)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow, how did this devolve? I landed here looking for Spark info and found this…..

Andrew, I’ve met you a handful of times in the past 6 or 7 years and you have always been a VERY honest and helpful guy. You’re an asset to pattern and don’t let this bother you in the least.

Pete
Old 03-21-2011, 05:58 AM
Dsnow

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Jason, thanks for the info on the rudder. I checked the new fuse out that we got last October with the old rudder installed and the plane is under the 2m dimension with the beveled rudder post. Maybe the rudder is different between the two versions? That's too bad that you had to cut the plane up but at least it's a none critical area and under the plane, please do let us know what Krill says.

Andrew thanks for getting back to me so fast about no new fuse for the Spark, this ones been working good. It was even strong enough to survive a mid-air and land safely so all the other parts could be used on a new fuse.

Dave Snow

Name:	Jh16122.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	126.1 KB
ID:	1581968   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu59454.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	122.5 KB
ID:	1581969   Click image for larger version

Name:	Mh20370.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	170.4 KB
ID:	1581970  
Old 03-21-2011, 09:13 AM
wattsup

My response is directed to Jason and "sleeping". Please note it is not a matter of me calming down. I'm not upset or in a "rant" about anything. If you take the time to read my responses carefully and take them at face value and not "read between the lines", you will understand. Let me give you a little history based on my R&R from S. Vietnam to the City of Sydney in 1968.During the course of hanging out and partying with the locals and during conversation with one of the guys he used a phrase " that's about as good as a man short". When I asked for an explanation, his answer stuck with me to this day. I'm sure both of you are familiar with this expression. If not, this is how it was expalined to me__"You have a task to do and you know it will require the efforts of at least 4 men. Including yourself, you only have 3 men. In the course of trying to complete the task, you become keenly aware that it just no going to work
because the lack of manpower!" I feel this relates to the production and quality of most of these imported kits. For whatever reason (I suspect economic/cheap), most of their efforts are "about as good as a man short"! Regretfully both of you have missed the goal of my efforts. Long term these overseas manufacturers and importers/retailers here in the U.S are being served notice that some of us are not going to lie down and suffer with the junk/garbage that they produce and try to market in the name of Pattern. Keep in mind,these manufacturers and retailers are not doing all this for their health and our welfare. No matter what they have to say, I, for one, realize that this whole process they are involved in is very LUCRATIVE! If you don't believe this look at their cost vs price structuring! My hope is that one day in the future none of us, no matter where we live wind up suffering the consequences of the GREEDY side of pattern. If and when that day comes, my efforts here in this thread would not have been in vain. Thanks for your patience and I wish both of you well. Regards, Everette
Old 03-21-2011, 01:16 PM
Jason Arnold

Hi Dave,

That fuse looks decidedly sick! Glad it was not a total loss for you.

Ivo got back to me last night. Looks like I'm on the right track.

Here is his response so that all Spark "Dynamic" owners can rectify the issue:

Hi Jason,
yes you have truth . Apologize because we know about this point and forgot
show it to our manual of assembly. The SPARK Dynamic have different position
that old first SPARK an the stabs must be remove. Your way is right.Sorry
for troubles .
Send me some pictures your the Spark as will ready to fly .
Thanks
Ivo

Now it would be nice if this issue was fixed in the moulds but it's not too much work to do. I can understand why they wouldn't change the moulds seeing the new EVO Spark is now out.

Regards,
Jason.

Name:	Pn36315.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	1582225   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sn39990.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	1582226  
Old 03-23-2011, 05:41 PM
geoflys

Hows dat "MAMASAN" Osiris doin ?
Old 03-24-2011, 01:31 AM
sleeping

Dave!

Did you krill...(sorry!) kill the other model???!

S
Old 03-24-2011, 01:56 AM
Jason Arnold

Hi Guys,

Modifications to my elevators are now complete.. Just waiting for the paint to dry..

If you own a Spark Dynamic and you're using the supplied stabs (not the built up ones Dave Snow offers), you really should do this mod. If not, you risk servo failure, rudder cable failure or even worse a total loss.

Cheers,
Jason.

Name:	Cz80056.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	1583371   Click image for larger version

Name:	Xs59451.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	145.7 KB
ID:	1583372   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jo30065.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	149.0 KB
ID:	1583373   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sl27844.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	121.2 KB
ID:	1583374  
Old 03-24-2011, 04:35 AM
Dsnow

The other plane landed with very minor damage to the leading edge of the wing and I think flew again that day.

Dave
Old 03-24-2011, 04:56 AM
mups53
My Feedback: (41)

That was an amazing mid air. I was calling for Dave and I didn't even know they hit till I saw debris flying. How he landed the plane perfectly is still a mystery to me. Mike
Old 05-17-2011, 06:18 AM
mups53

Here's a picture of Andrew's planes. the forefront is the Dynamic and the other the Evo. Good picture to show the differences in the designs.
Also a Picture of my new Dynamic SBE. Mike Mueller

Name:	If10481.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	123.8 KB
ID:	1610292   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ni25109.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	110.3 KB
ID:	1610293  
Old 05-17-2011, 01:43 PM
Jason Arnold

Hi Mike,

Your new Spark looks just like Andrews...

What does SBE stand for?

Looks like the changes to the EVO are only small seeing them side by side. The fin looks to be smaller too.

Regards,
Jason.
Old 05-17-2011, 01:50 PM
mups53

Jason the difference is the wing scheme on mine is different. SBEis a name I gave it denoting SnowBird Edition. Dave Snow's modified wing and anhedral stab built up. Saved us around 8 ounces. Mike
Old 05-17-2011, 02:01 PM
Jason Arnold

Hi Mike,

I could see you were using Dave's stabs and wings. The lack of step in the stabs give it away.... 226 grams is quite a saving. What gear are you using in your Spark?

I've been extremely slack in finishing my Spark Dynamic off. I need some motivation...

BTW, I like the dark canopy. I specifically ordered a carbon canopy with my new Spark.

Cheers,
Jason.
Old 05-17-2011, 05:56 PM
mups53

Equpment
ATX SD10G
Futaba servos on elevator and aileron and ATX on rudder
Hacker Q80 28 pole motor, Castle HV 80 Ice esc.
Power Unlimited Lipos thruout
Jaccio 6V regulator.
The Q80 has a lot of power on the PT21x14 CF prop.
I too like the look of the black canopy but to be honest it's a mistake. I meant to have a grey tint but I botched the paint job and had to go solid. It's not going to be great on a hot day but for the most part I always have the canopy off when not flying.
I got in flights 2 thru 5 tonight and I can report without a doubt that the plane is excellent and will now supplant my Integral as numero uno! Thanks, Mike
Old 05-18-2011, 03:36 AM
wattsup

Mike, your new Dynamic SBE is very nice. I really like the color scheme and am sure it's a pleasure to fly. Wish you well___Everette
Old 05-18-2011, 04:38 AM
mups53

Thanks Everette. It's taken a lot of work and time to find the right fit on a plane to match the feel I like. I tend to judge planes very hard and I either like them right out of the box or I'll never really like them. This one has the goods as they say.
Based on this plane I'm really looking forward to seeing what evolves with the 2 meter Osirisifand when it ever comes tofruition.Mike
Old 05-18-2011, 05:21 AM
wattsup

Mike, did you notice the new 46-inch version of AJ's Osiris on page 17 of the June 2011 AMA magazine? Talk about Sharp! The guys in my area that fly the smaller pattern planes have really got something to be excited about now. What great timing! Congratulations AJ and 3D Hobby Shop. I wish you both success___Everette
Old 05-18-2011, 07:35 PM
mups53

ORIGINAL: flyboy91

Geo,

Set the airplane up to get a max of 22 degrees of aileron for snaps. This is what I use for the faster snaps in the F pattern. I then fly with 10.8 degrees of aileron down and 10.2 up for normal sequence flying. For rudder just set it up so that is it touching the rudder for high rates and then set it to person feeling for lower rates.

Andrew
Andrew why does a plane need negative differential? Thanks, Mike
Old 05-18-2011, 09:02 PM
RC_Pattern_Flyer

Hinge line is not centered causes aileron diff. ( i think ) and also distance wing is from the thrust line can cause diff. ( i think )

Chuck

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.