Community
Search
Notices
Batteries & Chargers Nicads, Nickel Metal Hydride, Lithium, LiPoly, Chargers, Cyclers, etc...

TBM Li-ion Battery Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 07:27 AM
Sewerdude
My Feedback: (20)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default TBM Li-ion Battery Question

I just purchased 2 TBM Li-ion 2600 mah batteries. These are alittle different than the ones I purchased in the past from them....There are 3 leads coming out of the battery. One Deans, one JR/Hitec and one small white balance plug. The instructions from TBM says in bold letters " Charging must only be done through the balance lead". Well, I dont have any way to use the white balance lead with my Trition or my Accu-cycle. Can I still charge through the deans or the JR plug? If not, whats the best way to charge these batteries?
Thanks
Old 03-24-2011, 03:51 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts
Default RE: TBM Li-ion Battery Question

Well the "best way" of dealing with lithium batteries is by balance charging them.

In your case though, the cheapest way would be to get a blinky and balance them before or after charging, preferably before.
Old 03-24-2011, 06:27 PM
Sewerdude
My Feedback: (20)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: TBM Li-ion Battery Question

Barracudahockey,

Yes, I do have a Blinky and have used it in the past....But on this white balance tab on the TBM battery, the pins will not line up to plug the Blinky into it. They seem to be off just alittle.
Thanks