Notices
1/16th, 1/18th, Mini & Micro RC Cars Discuss 1/16, 1/18, Minis, Micros & any RC Cars smaller than 1/10th scale in this forum

OFFICIAL TRAXXAS RALLY VXL THREAD!!!!!

Old 03-01-2011, 09:04 AM
gforce2448
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICIAL TRAXXAS RALLY VXL THREAD!!!!!

Very cool...unfortunately it's made by Integy. lol
Old 03-06-2011, 02:47 PM
J0EC00L
My Feedback: (3)

Matt,

I will send you 50.00 bones if you can make a duplicate drive train for me. Axles, shafts, tranny gears, etc.

By the way, I would recommend some Lucas gear oil or grease to put in the tranny to reduce heating and friction.

Joe
Old 03-08-2011, 08:27 AM
Matt_M

ORIGINAL: J0EC00L

Matt,

I will send you 50.00 bones if you can make a duplicate drive train for me. Axles, shafts, tranny gears, etc.

By the way, I would recommend some Lucas gear oil or grease to put in the tranny to reduce heating and friction.

Joe
I bury all my bones and holy bejesus $50 would not even come close.
Old 03-12-2011, 08:29 AM
J0EC00L

yeah... i see your point; alot more involved in the drivetrain than just a couple shafts. My bad on the low-b@ll offer.

Is 100 closer? I would hesitate to pay that much for the parts, just because that's alot just for the drive line... but hypothetically thinking, if you already have this design made for you, why not sell it? You have a friend who can machine these for you, right? What's to stop you from stamping out more pieces and selling them to a select few people... me for instance

Joe
Old 03-13-2011, 02:08 PM
Matt_M

Joe, I think you've misunderstood.

The parts requiring CAD and CNC work are being made by someone other than myself. Unfortunately, they have expressed no interest in making any more of them. I'm not so sure I could even get a replacement myself if I damaged one.

Why do you want these parts? You're using a motor and battery that any standard aftermarket driveshaft can more than handle. You're offering to pay $100 for something that will provide zero net gain in your situation. It almost seems like you are seeking them as a conversation piece.
Old 03-13-2011, 07:07 PM
J0EC00L

Matt,

Actually, I want them for use. I want a bullet proof drive line, and I am thinking about putting an even faster motor in it than my 6900 premium, one that is sure to break 80mph; thus, I would like a bullet proof driveline. I apologize for the misunderstanding, thought it was something you would were designing and making with the help of some friends. Also apologize for the inconvenience of having you post on here for conversation matters about a moot topic.

By the way, aren't most forums intended for conversation?

Thanks anyways.

Joe
Old 03-16-2011, 12:58 PM
crazy nick
My Feedback: (29)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I finally got a spped control to mount. It is very clean looking for the size.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	ay73463.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	163.8 KB
ID:	1579709   Click image for larger version

Name:	jh16010.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	179.6 KB
ID:	1579710  
Old 03-16-2011, 01:55 PM
Aloha Flyer

Aloha ALL
Just wanted to get the opinion of the community on the RPM Adjustable Axle Carriers for the Traxxas 1/16th vehicles Part#73165.
Bought a pair for my Rally VXL after noticing "wheel wiggle" in the front and rear that could not be helped with a simple axle shim. Since the toe and camber adjustments are directly linked to the cup screws, "wear play" in the cups can throw off toe and camber adjustments while in motion. The RPM design supposedly has an extra screw on each cup to adjust out the play on the Ball.

Please let me know if I speak the truth or not and whether those who use them find them to be helpful
Thanks
Old 03-16-2011, 02:34 PM
crazy nick

I don't know from personal experience, but I've read they are alot better than stock and have no slop to them.
Old 03-18-2011, 11:22 AM
J0EC00L

Hawaiin flyer,

Just about anything from RPM on these 1/16 models is much better than stock. Feom personal experience on the adjustable hub carriers, they do offer more sturdiness. You can tighten them up to reduce at least 75% of the slop and play, but understand there will always be a slight bit of slop, largely due to the other pieces within the suspension and steering rack.

That slight slop will most likey have little effect, bit could still cause issues with a car at much higher speeds... For instance, speeds that Matt will most assuredly reach with his 100 mph death rocket or a rally.

Though, I'm sure he's got a solution for the play in the steering and suspension components. One that probably requires alot of money, a cad program, and some friends with connections to expensive equipment.

All in all, you will be very pleased with the rpm hub carriers.

Joe
Old 03-24-2011, 09:47 PM
Matt_M

ORIGINAL: J0EC00L

Matt,

Actually, I want them for use. I want a bullet proof drive line, and I am thinking about putting an even faster motor in it than my 6900 premium, one that is sure to break 80mph; thus, I would like a bullet proof driveline. I apologize for the misunderstanding, thought it was something you would were designing and making with the help of some friends. Also apologize for the inconvenience of having you post on here for conversation matters about a moot topic.

By the way, aren't most forums intended for conversation?

Thanks anyways.

Joe
Joe,

By the way you act and interpret, I feel like you are about 14 years old. Maybe 12.

By conversation piece, I mean that you want a part you don't need, just to use it to talk about and say that you have it. I.E. a conversation piece. Duh..
Old 03-24-2011, 10:27 PM
Aloha Flyer

Hey JOECOOL & Crazy Nick thanks for the advise! I have already put the RPM part on my Rally and I am waiting for another set for my MER.

BTW, Hot Racing came out with a Sway Bar set for the Traxxas 1/16ths. What ya think!

http://www.hot-racing.com/index.cgi?...XS311X01;c=455
Old 03-25-2011, 04:18 AM
J0EC00L

Matt,

I removed my post and sent it via PM to avoid borin the community on this forum with petty back and forth talk.

Just for your S.A. = Situational Awareness

To sum it all up, you're wasting your time and money trying to make a Honda perform like a Corvette - ultimately resulting in a nice conversation piece when it's all said and done.

P.S. If you've never served a day in my boots, half way across the world, wondering if you'll ever see your wife and kid again... Then I suggest you give it a try! Don't know any 12 yr olds doing that.

Joe

Old 03-25-2011, 08:35 AM
ozzy9039
My Feedback: (6)

Anyone seen any Aluminum front skids yet for the rally? These of course are different then the slashes and all the others because of their front bumper. I emailed the toyz, integy, rpm, etc... & hoping someone will make one... But maybe someone has seen them elsewhere?

Old 03-25-2011, 12:12 PM
crazy nick

ORIGINAL: Aloha Flyer

Hey JOECOOL & Crazy Nick thanks for the advise! I have already put the RPM part on my Rally and I am waiting for another set for my MER.

BTW, Hot Racing came out with a Sway Bar set for the Traxxas 1/16ths. What ya think!

http://www.hot-racing.com/index.cgi?...XS311X01;c=455
Sweet , but a little pricey.
Old 03-25-2011, 12:19 PM
crazy nick

Old 03-25-2011, 07:56 PM
J0EC00L

Nick,

I remember that classic like it was yesterday. Start off with the truck: 40 levels and nintendo spelled twice - you're at the buggy.

Lastly, I hate that I took up half a forum with my response to Matt. I'm going to send it via pm instead and remove it from here. Its not necessary and makes this forum less fun.

Joe
Old 03-25-2011, 09:22 PM
Matt_M

If you would have said you were a child, I could have cut you some slack. A 30 year old who acts as immature as yourself has problems.

You start in here by complaining about how I post, when I am attempting to help others learn in a mature manner, and you ramble off some non sense about how my theories are too advanced for your liking. Then you somehow attempt to twist it and put it on me, and say that it's all cool because you're just joking around. Like it's all "cool" so long as Joe COOL is the one talking.

You complain and demand that people spoon feed you info you cannot obtain yourself instead of politely asking, right after you have the nerve to spout sarcasm at the one you are demanding answers from.

You repeatedly produce sarcastic comments about my techniques of handling my own hobby and my own project, like the fact that I am involved with custom Rally parts somehow dissatisfies your tastes.

To top off your childish remarks, you stun me with the most laughable baby cry of all, telling me that I am wasting money by producing a hopped up Rally. You are foolish and hypocritical, Joe. It seems in your attempt to conjure up that whiny tantrum, you somehow forgot that just a few posts back, you were the one publicly begging me for parts to overly hop up your own mini. Then you back that comment by stating you would be increasing the motor size to push your car past 80MPH. Well gee whiz. It's alright for cool Joe to dump money into his Rally speed project, but if I am doing it, it is simply a waste of money. Hypocrite? I think so.

Joe, grow up. You are a troll. Your attack of a PM, greatly proves that you have some serious personal issues to deal with. You express yourself as being incredibly mad that I am building a speed project of my own. That is just freaking weird. In all my time here, I have never seen such an awkward attack on the very hobby a person is here for. Deal with your own issues Joe, and don't come crying to me about what I'm doing with my time and my money.

P.S. I love the fact that you try to paint a picture of me going through all this effort using CAD programs, when it is in fact my sponsors, giving me free parts, doing the work.
Old 03-26-2011, 05:19 AM
J0EC00L

Whatever dude. You make it sound as if you invented the idea of going faster and i was begging for your permission to enjoy that same idea. Get a life homo, of course i asked for the parts and who wouldn't want bullet proof ones at that? you made it sound like I have no need for them and would only have it as conversation piece, when in fact, a rally is just that. YOU make it sound like only YOU could have the parts and are capable of utilizing them in your "sponsored" RC. Who cares? Don't try and spin it on me either. The posters in the forum know exactly where I come from and know exacty where you come from. Besides I never mocked your technique, never complained about your advice in my posts about the rally. People will read your long post and see a real troll - a real computer tough guy trying to sound like the bigger man throwing out all this psychosomatic crap at me. Well done! You used big words and formed complete sentences without any run ons; you, my digital mike Tyson, are quite the forum buster.

It's a freaking RC car, not a professional race car - Sponsorships... Seriously?? What are you really doing on here then if you're a "professional"? You see, I honestly believe you're just on here itching to cause problems. Most people of your type never could handle the rigors life growing up, always beig picked on, never fitting in; but then - BOOM - Al Gore and his Internet machine All of the sudden, people have a free doorway to a soap box calle the forum/blog. This is where we get the most evil and racist and narcissistic comments out of people who none the less would never have the balls to chirp it in public.

Say what you want, but I can guarantee you that a majority of your posts on here have not been helpful, but instead, condescending, spiteful, rude and just plain worthless. It's viruses such a you that make forums worthless - Keep standing behind that computer of lies, staring at that 6x6 cubicle reeking of subway coldcuts plastered with photos of your last birthday party at the El Rancho Mexico Resturant. - - - while real men such as myself do the Nation's bidding in a multi-front war across the globe.

I enjoy RCs in my extra leisure time... It's not a life, it's not a profession, it's a freaking hobby. YOU need to grow up! Go hump a mountain in afghanistan carrying 80lbs on your back, mission is the priority but you cant focus long enough because you're wondering how you're going to write that letter to the wife of your best friend who died at the hands of cowards who plant bombs in the dirt, having to tell her how Mark isn't coming back. Knowing that pain that will stay forever-> a 4 yr old who has no idea why daddy won't come home. I never was mad about your project. I'm no where near jealous of you either. You need to get over yourself.

Like you said before, I only wanted the parts for conversation piece

-Done
Old 03-26-2011, 11:25 AM
Matt_M

You become more hilarious the more you post!

Now it becomes more evident your jealousy for those who make you look as who you really are.

You have stooped so low, as to go and make fun of using good grammar. Wow, that is the first time I have seen someone that dumb on the internet. I'm sure people would be delighted to have you teaching their children how to speak.

Sound as if I invented the idea of going faster? How, because I described the details of my ride? See, this is how you can tell the guys who simply ball up with jealousy on the net. They just can't stand guys who post something better than what they have posted. I come here and post nothing more than details, never said I am the only one that can do it, and some guy gets all mad at me. Other guys have sent me PMs. who I have had lengthy conversations with helping them go faster, and 2 of those guys have actually bought parts I recommended, but this other ding bat gets mad that I am doing this project and posting about it. Go figure who the goofy one is.

You really have no idea who I am. You would be incredibly mad if I started posting pictures of the rest of my R/C collection, based on your anger at this one. I build up every vehicle I buy. Every R/C vehicle I am into becomes a project. My 1/5 scale Baja truck? You should see that thing. I am more involved in R/C than you ever will be, Joe. This is one of the hobbies I enjoy and love. You can say whatever you want about "my type of guy" on the internet, but most likely all it is, is your jealousy towards guys on the internet who can buy what they want. I have made it in life, Joe, I can buy what I want. Non of these projects put any form of financial hardship into my home in sacrifice for them. I have earned that, because I have worked my butt off through the education system, through years of college, and through years of labor. A wimpy arm-chair warrior with little demonstrated common sense or maturity coming and attempting to knock off my accomplishments only makes me feel that much better about them. I see that I have succeeded while the other guy has failed. You bring that military BS in here like it means something. You know what, go carry your stupid bag in the mountains for the war that means nothing. Wow, clap clap, you have really done something that translated into my freedom. Not. If you want to help your country, go get a degree and develop a medical cure. Design a green product. Assist a doctor. Don't carry a knapsack in Afghanistan's desert for a horrendous military oil effort.

I developed this speed project because I do it with boats, and now I am doing it in R/C. My boat goes over 100MPH on brushless power, and it's big. I like things that go fast, period. I have a drag car that I have built, that I sit in and drive. Remember that Honda and Corvette statement, Joe? A lot of Corvettes have seen my tail lights. I build large scale rockets that have over 500Lbs of thrust. Ammonium perchlorate motors. Just burned a blue copper oxide motor last night. They do over mach 2. Shall I go on about the carbon fiber rocket sled? My big bore rifles, like the 50BMG? Bullets count too you know, they go fast.

On a side note, let's get this straight. I am no pro, just a project builder. It's not my fault someone wants to sponsor a speed project and provide free parts so that they can be placed on the body of the vehicle. That sounded pretty sweet to me, how could I resist the offer?

My point is, Joe, this is me, this is what I do. I take up projects, and I build them. It's not wasting money, because I feed myself just fine, and I have a hell of a time building these projects. It's become pretty normal to share these projects in the name of fun on the internet for people to see, not get mad at. So how dare someone of your stature attempt to tell me that me living my life is somehow wrong. It just makes me laugh, and I push you to the side and keep moving forward in life. On the other mini forums, guys are building projects just like mine everywhere, with even more custom parts on the chassis. When I come to R/C universe and post my build, it's like some unheard of thing to go fast. I guess the people here are just a little more ordinary, that's all. Ordinary isn't wrong, it's just not the only flavor available. Keep that in mind.
Old 03-26-2011, 11:39 AM
Matt_M

The RPM knuckles are not bad.

Hot Racing makes aluminum knuckles with aluminum thread in O-ring ball holders. Those are the ones I have decided to use for maximum rigidity in the steering.

Old 03-26-2011, 11:58 AM
gforce2448
My Feedback: (12)

I've had both the HR and RPM knuckles on my Mini-Revo.  After the stock knuckles wore out and had too much slop I bought a set of the HR ones.  What a waste of money in my opinion.  In a matter of time the plastic inserts wear out and they have just as much slop as the stock knuckles.  Also the aluminum nut caps strip out very easily.  I replaced them with RPM knuckles and haven't had a problem.  They still have no slop.  The HR knuckles were thrown in the garbage.  But hey?  They might work better for street.  Just giving my 2 cents.  Thanks!
Old 03-26-2011, 02:07 PM
Matt_M

ORIGINAL: gforce2448

I've had both the HR and RPM knuckles on my Mini-Revo. After the stock knuckles wore out and had too much slop I bought a set of the HR ones. What a waste of money in my opinion. In a matter of time the plastic inserts wear out and they have just as much slop as the stock knuckles. Also the aluminum nut caps strip out very easily. I replaced them with RPM knuckles and haven't had a problem. They still have no slop. The HR knuckles were thrown in the garbage. But hey? They might work better for street. Just giving my 2 cents. Thanks!
Ah, darn it. That is too bad to hear about them. I had taken a look over them and they seemed to look like a good design. I was probably pursuaded by HR's machining and anodizing, which looks very nice to me. I will have to try them out and see if I run into any problems. Like you say, on-road driving may provide a different outcome. I am going to attempt to keep this vehicle planted firmly on the road without bringing it on any rough surfaces, so I think they'll do alright.

RPM parts are some of the most durable plastic for r/c vehicles. I used their blue arms on my race LST2 from my profile photos, and that truck took a pounding without those arms breaking. I had it catch a fence post at about 20mph head on which stopped the truck right then and there, and the arm that hit was completely fine. It is good plastic for sure.
Old 03-30-2011, 08:46 AM
madpco

Matt, Thats a hell of build! keep posting pics of your custom parts, they are awesome. Is it me or this will no longer be a traxxas rally but a "Matt Custom Rally Ara-Kiri 1/16" lol. Looking forward to seeing the drive shafts.
Do you intend to give it some kind of roll cage or other protection apparatus?... so many questions.

Thanks
Simon

Old 04-01-2011, 03:46 AM
hchia25
My Feedback: (1)

I manage to trash my rally body a few days ago, lesson learned don't try to drift against slashes doesn't work at all lol. So after days or research the body that might fit the rally the most would be m1/10th from abc hobby. I have painted and fitted few a hours of trimming I got a fit somewhat. Picture will be loaded on later.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.