Go Back  RCU Forums > Electric Aircraft Universe > Electric General Discussion
Reload this Page >

Eflite Bonanza motor question

Community
Search
Notices
Electric General Discussion General Discussion forum about rc electric related aircraft, accessories, flight, tips, etc.

Eflite Bonanza motor question

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 06:44 AM
jamie21
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eflite Bonanza motor question

HI guys, after sevral years off from flying nitro planes im trying to get back into the hobby with electric now. Unfortunately there seems to be less and less places to fly the gas planes now so i think electric is the way to go..Anyways, i got my eye on the Eflite Bonanza 15e. ARF...
http://www.e-fliterc.com/Products/De...ProdID=EFL2575
They say standard power is a .15 brushless but Does that seem kind of underpowered for a 4-5lb plane? I see that eflite also makes a .25 thats prob not much heavier.. any reason not to go with the .25? I'm probably going to order the plane today but going to hold off the the motor till i get your opinions. Also, eflite recommends thier 3200mah lipo. is there a similiar size battery that i can get longer flight times out of?
thanks in advance!
Old 03-26-2011, 12:28 PM
Walt Thyng
My Feedback: (9)

Default RE: Eflite Bonanza motor question

I've seen the e-Flite bonanza on the stock system. You don't really need any more power. As for longer duration you'll have to check pack weights; one vendors top of the line 4,000 mah pack may weigh less than another's not-so-top-of-the-line 3200mah pack.
Old 03-27-2011, 08:08 AM
DaveFlynn

Default RE: Eflite Bonanza motor question

The stock system does work well. However, if you have some money and want to try something different, go for a lower Kv slightly larger frame motor. Mostly I use only 2200mAh 3s1p 16C packs in series to get 6s1p or 9s1p. They are less expensive because they are the pack used on all the small heli's. With a 550 Kv motor and 6s1p pack in a plane about that size I can cruise around for 20-25 min. The Castle ICE HV-40 ESC is great for any 50-70 inch WS sport plane. By going with a higher voltage and lower amperage setup I get the same watts with better efficiency.