Gas Engines Questions or comments about gas engines can be posted here

Copperhead Venom 45

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 07:45 AM
Chumley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Copperhead Venom 45

Gary,

I too tried to be nice and work with Tim. He made promises, but never delivered. The last message I got from him was asking for the number off my case and chastising me for an email that he mis-read. I sent the number off the case, but never recieved anything. I thought I was getting a reasonably priced motor, but based on the use I got out of it, it's too expensive. Tim says there are parts available for these motors, but I have no idea how to get them. I hope you have better luck.

Chumley
Old 05-22-2008, 08:57 PM
DarkWingDuck
My Feedback: (1)

Greetings Tim,
Could you PM me?

Thx
Dave G.
Old 05-28-2008, 01:09 PM
vwtrey
My Feedback: (5)

ORIGINAL: Chumley

Gary,

I too tried to be nice and work with Tim. He made promises, but never delivered. The last message I got from him was asking for the number off my case and chastising me for an email that he mis-read. I sent the number off the case, but never recieved anything. I thought I was getting a reasonably priced motor, but based on the use I got out of it, it's too expensive. Tim says there are parts available for these motors, but I have no idea how to get them. I hope you have better luck.

Chumley
I'm in the same boat. Have not heard back from Tim for a while now.
Old 06-21-2008, 03:12 PM
vwtrey

Still havent heard anything back from Tim. Chumly was nice enough to send me his parts from his bad engine. Hopefully I can use parts from his engine to put mine together.

It's a real shame when a company wont support the products they sell.
Old 06-23-2008, 08:31 PM
looper123
My Feedback: (7)

Hey guys, this looks fishy. take a look

[link]http://cgi.ebay.com/BN-F50-I-50cc-Gas-Engine-for-RC-R-C-Aircraft-Boat-Car_W0QQitemZ360063199576QQihZ023QQcategoryZ34056Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem[/link]
Old 06-23-2008, 08:38 PM
The Big Kahuna

Yeh, they have been there for ages. Nice familiar color? quality?? service???
Old 06-23-2008, 08:43 PM
marcnrobin

Didn't take long for that link to stir up some stuff....

Marc
Old 06-23-2008, 09:29 PM
Chumley

Looper,

I've seen this motor before but can't put my finger on it . . . .

Nice find!

Chumley
Old 06-23-2008, 09:51 PM
RC Extreme power
My Feedback: (24)

Lets what we have
5.8 hp but turns a 21-8 prop and getting 30 lbs thrust out of a 21-8 prop ????

At 5.8 HP it should turn a 24-10 prop at a good RPM
Old 06-23-2008, 10:45 PM
les2097
My Feedback: (508)

Gentlemen,

Let's stop *****-footing around what Tim Folk has done to many of us... and call a Spade a Spade...!

I bought a Venom 45 ... and after about 10 flights... the front bearing gave out and the crank tore up the crankcase...

I communicated with Tim in a friendly and encouraging discussion... and returned the engine to Tim as instructed...

and have heard NOTHING, ZERO, NADA ... Blank.... for 6 months ...

I think he is a cheat; a criminal; and a sleazy person... he lies and lies... there is NOTHING worse than a man who lies...

If I could meet Tim Folk face to face I would get my engine satisfaction... one way or the other...

... and Tim if you read this... you are a disgrace to any education you may have... and I hope the truth hurts.

les2097 [sm=punching.gif]
Old 07-25-2008, 11:01 AM
johndou

The R/C hobby industry is relatively small compared to many other hobby industries. Because it's so small the customer has much more power and influence on the smaller companies out there. Hence we can demand more from the people we buy from.

For those companies that don't supply good customer support, or "rip" people off, the news of their actions travels fast and ferious through these web pages. And, the results are usually pretty devastating. Copperhead Aviation seems to have shot themselves in the foot - this is not the only issue that's plagueing them right now. Hopefully they can reinvent themselves and imerge better then they were. Because if they go away entirely, we as consumers could be hurt in the long run.

Yes, we can call a Spade a Spade. But, we also need to be understanding, and somewhat forgiving. I won't be buying anything from Copperhead Aviation anytime soon. I'm not much of a gambler. And, right now I see their products as a gamble to buy because of the lack of customer support they seem to be profiding. And, because of the apparent dishonesty of it's owner. But, I certainly hope that they can recover from these problems. When the small ones leave the only one's left are the big ones and then the consumer is at a disadvantage. On the other hand - if they don't correct their problems, having companies like this in our hobby can be disasterous.
Old 07-25-2008, 08:16 PM
les2097
My Feedback: (508)

ORIGINAL: johndou

The R/C hobby industry is relatively small compared to many other hobby industries. Because it's so small the customer has much more power and influence on the smaller companies out there. Hence we can demand more from the people we buy from.

For those companies that don't supply good customer support, or "rip" people off, the news of their actions travels fast and ferious through these web pages. And, the results are usually pretty devastating. Copperhead Aviation seems to have shot themselves in the foot - this is not the only issue that's plagueing them right now. Hopefully they can reinvent themselves and imerge better then they were. Because if they go away entirely, we as consumers could be hurt in the long run.

Yes, we can call a Spade a Spade. But, we also need to be understanding, and somewhat forgiving. I won't be buying anything from Copperhead Aviation anytime soon. I'm not much of a gambler. And, right now I see their products as a gamble to buy because of the lack of customer support they seem to be profiding. And, because of the apparent dishonesty of it's owner. But, I certainly hope that they can recover from these problems. When the small ones leave the only one's left are the big ones and then the consumer is at a disadvantage. On the other hand - if they don't correct their problems, having companies like this in our hobby can be disasterous.

Thanks Johndou... you said it much more eloquently than I did or could have... The facts are what is important... Truth is what is important as supported by the facts...

Fact: I have recently called Ohio Model Products and asked to speak with either Tim or Ken Faulk... the voice on the phone immediately said call this number... and I proceeded to call the number... No one answered and my call went to voice mail... I left a message for either Ken or Tim Faulk... It's been a month and no reply....

Truth: Tim Faulk is a cheat; a criminal; and a sleazy person... he lies and lies... there is NOTHING worse than a man who lies...

You say we must be "understanding and somewhat forgiving" ... Should that start with Tim Faulk and his theft of my $300+ dollars when I purchased the engine...???

Larry
Old 12-10-2008, 11:47 PM
greyfoxx

Hey guys, all I need to know is where I can pick up a spare ignition for my Venom 45 cc engine, and a pitts-style muffler. My muffler developed a hairline crack around one of the exhaust tubes, and I messed up my ignition with a hard landing.

Any help in locating either would be greatly appreciated because it started and ran quiet well. In fact, the guys in my club thought the engine really developed a lot of horsepower, and it pulled my GP Ultimate quiet well.

Thanks, and may we all remember this famous quote, "Experience is a hard teacher. She always gives the test first, that the lesson some time later!:

Phillip
Old 12-11-2008, 12:23 AM
DarkWingDuck

I would seriously consider replacing the original ignition with a RcXL unit from CH ignition. I converted two of my engines and they work great. As for the muffler, the only options would be to repair the old one or get a new one made. Try Bisson mufflers. I think they are in Ontario, Canada.

DWG
Old 12-11-2008, 07:42 AM
RC Extreme power

What is the center to center of the bolt bolt pattern, And the port opening form side to side and top to bottom on the opening for the muffler.

Milton
Old 12-14-2008, 09:10 AM
greyfoxx

Thanks for the info DarkWingDuck. I'll give that a try.

Phillip
Old 12-30-2008, 05:07 PM
vwtrey

Anybody know what the timing should be an a venom 45? does 28 work on this ignition unit?

found it, looks like 29 works good.
Old 12-30-2008, 05:10 PM
RC Extreme power

What ignition do you have

Milton
Old 12-30-2008, 05:42 PM
vwtrey

The stock ignition that came with the engine. I searched through the thread and found that 28-29 is good for it.
Old 02-02-2009, 07:12 AM
mfuess

I have ONE new Pitts muffler for a Venom 45, and one used muffler. My V 45 has a broken crankshaft so I am parting it out. I'll take $30.00 for the new muffler and 10.00 for the used one plus shipping at cost. If you are interested, PM me. [email protected]
Old 10-21-2009, 03:13 AM
NikolayTT

Sorry, was wrong post
Old 01-20-2010, 11:13 PM
DarkWingDuck

I have some parts for the .45. PM me.
DWG
Old 03-30-2011, 06:37 PM
trs3243

ORIGINAL: CopperheadAV

ORIGINAL: Chumley

Copperhead is now combined with Ohio Model Planes. Here is a link to the Venom customer service at OMP:
http://www.ohiomodelplanes.com/comersus/store/index.asp THISISABADLINK!

Chumley

If you have a question, send copperhead an email, not OMP. We have parts for repairs. I get tons of email, Do you have parts??? The answer is yes!!!!
I purchased a Venom45 at a swap meet,it apeared new and it was. I converted to full electronic ign. engine runs ok only after 14 oz gas. the condition i am in question is rattle at idle,i pulled the cyl and found a large amount of side play in wrist pin. cleaned pin and miked no ware found. pin will rock in brg. but inside diameter matches pin size. why so much side play and noise at idle.would like some help. Is this normal or is it a bomb ready to explode? Terry
Old 03-30-2011, 07:33 PM
Chumley

Terry,

I haven't had a Venom for years now, but you just described what I just went through with my DLE55 to a T. With the DLE, I have access to all new parts and ended up replacing the entire rotating assembly. The new wrist pin bearing had the same play as the 1 year old set and replacing everything made the rattle even worse. I didn't replace the bearings initially as they felt fine - no play and smooth. After replacing everything else, I had no choice but to replace the bearings and now I have a "new" rattle-free engine. I pulled seals off the rear bearing at there is a rough area of the bearing that was hard to feel initially. My guess is, if you replace the bearings, you will be good to go and your wrist pin is OK. Bearings are fairly standard, so you should be able to measure them and order replacements from a place like RC-bearings.com.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:58 AM
trs3243

CHUMLEY, that may be what i need to do. with jug off and holding piston inhand the crank turns smooth with no hent of a bad brg. did you hget good service with the venom 45 ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.