Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Delivery time and customer support

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Delivery time and customer support

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 12:58 PM
K-A

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Delivery time and customer support

[]Hi in february we ordered 2 fuel tanks for the Boomerang sprint and the invoice was paid to Al´s Hobby in late february, so far nothing not even replys on the sent mails regarding the fueltanks. Today we tried a new mailadress to the company and got the reply out of office in 3 weeks and this was the last drop, the customers waiting for the fueltanks are quite upset of the long deliverytime....

We are now getting tired of waiting and the low degree of support in this matter is quite disapointing.
This is not the first time we have suffered from the lack of customer support but writing in this forum has so far worked well and the paid items has arrived soon after.... Last time it was broken canopy to the sprint that took very long time to handle by the company in UK and when it finally arrived it was the wrong size but that was solved later by the company.

Are we alone whith this experience of this company?

K-A

Old 04-04-2011, 01:06 PM
invertmast
My Feedback: (23)

Received 225 Likes on 116 Posts
Default RE: Delivery time and customer support

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_10429656/tm.htm
Old 04-04-2011, 02:39 PM
BaldEagel

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have found Al's hobbies service to be second to none, they have a delivery service that gives an hour window when an item will be delivered the next day and it has always happened, I don't know what the problem is with your deliveries, suggest you contact Ali Jnr direct.

Mike
Old 04-04-2011, 03:16 PM
Ali
My Feedback: (5)

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

K-A
I have responded to your email earlier today. My email shows GMT to be 10 hours after your email came into my inbox. Sorry for the delay, but my access to internet is not as regular as it would be if I was at home, but that will soon change. By the time I answered your mail it was too late to speak to one of my staff to do a track on your order.
I will do that first thing tomorrow AM.
Just out of curiosity... I punched your email address into my Apple email search function, and the last email that I show as having received from you was the 25th of February.....??
Please let me know, if you are unhappy with the service, and I will arrange for a full refund to be issued, and we will arrange for the goods to be directed back to us, or issue a claim for lost goods at this end.
Regards Al..
Old 04-04-2011, 10:18 PM
K-A

ORIGINAL: Ali

K-A
I have responded to your email earlier today. My email shows GMT to be 10 hours after your email came into my inbox. Sorry for the delay, but my access to internet is not as regular as it would be if I was at home, but that will soon change. By the time I answered your mail it was too late to speak to one of my staff to do a track on your order.
I will do that first thing tomorrow AM.
Just out of curiosity... I punched your email address into my Apple email search function, and the last email that I show as having received from you was the 25th of February.....??
Please let me know, if you are unhappy with the service, and I will arrange for a full refund to be issued, and we will arrange for the goods to be directed back to us, or issue a claim for lost goods at this end.
Regards Al..
We still need the fuel tanks otherwise we would have claimed a refund long time ago, and search on mail adress [email protected].
The only thing we want is to get our paid gods delivered in resonable time.

BRG K-A
Old 04-05-2011, 12:04 AM
Colin Gontier

K-A

Very sorry to see there is an issue here with getting your fuel tanks. I understand Ali is dealing with this now and I would hope Al's Hobbies can send the tanks out to you today.

Ali, in case you do not have tanks in stock please let us know and I will send the customer the tanks direct from us in order to get them through as quickly as possible.

regards

Colin
Old 04-05-2011, 04:09 AM
Ali

We have tanks in stock Colin.
KA
My staff have tracked your order and after departing the Uk depot there is no sign of it. I have instructed them to send another pair out today and process a claim with the courier.
I have looked for that email and I have not one record of that email ever coming to my inbox or me sending to that email address. We have no reason to have not delivered your goods, and as the 100+ emails that I answer on some days will testify.. I have no reason not to answer any of the mails sent to me.
Regards Al
Old 04-05-2011, 08:49 AM
K-A

Hi, some cold facts, allr recipts of theese mails is saved inour mailbox.

25th of february payment done and an recipt of the invoice payment sent, this date an mail was also sent asking when the fueltanks was shipped out, no reply.
29 th of april a mail was sent to the company asking about the fuel tanks, no reply
4th of april, another request of answers about the fueltanks sent to the company, Auto reply out of office, RCU post and a lot of activity from the company here in this post.
5th of april a request from the company to once again send payment details/confirmation which was already done on the 25th of february. Finally it seems that the fuel tanks is on it´s way to Sweden.

It is a pity that we have to post here to get some action in the order process........

According to this it seems a little strange that you would have sent the fueltanks whithout the payment confirmation, as you where looking for the payment details today and wanted a copy of the payment details so your company could trace the payment. Just a thought

BRG K-A
Old 04-05-2011, 08:55 AM
siclick33

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

K-A

I have had lots of dealings with Al's Hobbies and they have always been first class. Yes, I have had the occasional minor problem but everything has been sorted very quickly. Ali answers my emails very quickly, even when he is out of the country.

If you are sending multiple emails and not getting a reply then I would query whether you have the correct email address or whether there is a problem with your email sending.

Old 04-05-2011, 09:01 AM
Ali

K-A
Would you like me to show you a screen shot of my emails from you and the dates when they arrived and what sort of time they were answered in? I cannot answer an email that I do not see..
I have explained to you that I answered your email as soon as I could, and dealt with the matter as soon as I could. 10 Hours after the mail came into my inbox is slow for me, but I have also explained why that is.
If you are unhappy with the service please let me refund you, apologise and cease trading with you. I have no reason to delay in sending your order. We have had tanks in stock. We operate a mail order system that successfully processes over 100 mail orders on an average day, and I doubt that anyone is going to become a rich man by swindling you out of two plastic fuel tanks.
You do not have post here to get action.. You merely have to speak to ME! My Personal email is [email protected] You can PM me here as many people do. You can get me on my cell phone which os 0044 7930 959 079 anytime you like either by SMS or even call me and talk!
The request for payment conformation was to assist us find your original paperwork.. You may find this hard to believe, but we process enough mail orders per day that to keep hardcopies of orders in a cabinet from over a month ago would take one hell of a filing cabinet!
Read into it as far as you like K-A, but I can assure you that your tank (S) are on their way to you for a second time now, and may I kindly suggest that we stop dealing with one and other, as A) there seems to be a communication break down and B) I am not a massive fan of your attacking approach, especially when I fail to see what it is that we did wrong.
Regards Al
Old 04-05-2011, 09:52 AM
Blancr

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

I use Als for most of my stuff. - Never missed a beat and almost always delivered within 24hrs. On the rare occasions when a problem has arisen I get a phone call with the offer of some options

Just can't fault the service or the faireness

Bob
Old 04-05-2011, 10:35 AM
K-A

OK, mission completed then, fueltanks on the way and in the process we got an new conection for supplying the Boomerang brand for future needs. Our customers was getting confused over all time spent from ordering to delivery.
You think I have an attacking approach, then you should have talked to the waiting customers.

Further explanations belong to the history and if you want copys of the emails please send us an mail and we will help you with the missing messages.

At least we will now have 2 happy Boomerang owners very soon with new fueltanks.

BRG K-A
Old 04-05-2011, 10:51 AM
ianober
My Feedback: (12)

Man, glad I don't live in Sweden, otherwise I may have to buy stuff from you K-A. I thought it was pretty clear that the tanks disappeared through the post. Once that was determined Ali bent over backwards to rush you a new set despite communication issues. I hope no one from Sweden is reading this forum cause you will lose them as customers and Ali will gain, JMHO.
Old 04-05-2011, 11:56 AM
K-A

ORIGINAL: ianober

Man, glad I don't live in Sweden, otherwise I may have to buy stuff from you K-A. I thought it was pretty clear that the tanks disappeared through the post. Once that was determined Ali bent over backwards to rush you a new set despite communication issues. I hope no one from Sweden is reading this forum cause you will lose them as customers and Ali will gain, JMHO.
This will probably be the first time customers will leave a company due to the fact that their ordered gods was found and shipped out to them.... At least the two pilots that where waiting for the fueltanks are quite happy that we managed to get hold of their gods.

K-A
Old 04-05-2011, 01:00 PM
ddlstang
My Feedback: (2)

Very interesting that a person that apparently is in business would bring this issue to a public forum, hopefully none of your customers conduct themselves in the same manner.
Old 04-05-2011, 01:08 PM
schroedm
My Feedback: (1)

Wow K-A, you run a customer focused business and operate like this?? [X(]
Old 04-05-2011, 11:26 PM
gregairbus

K-A , I empathize with you but to put your waite into perspective.
I waited two and a half years for a 20,000 pound model and was told continually nothing I can do?
I could write a novel about my experence with this man.
Old 04-05-2011, 11:49 PM
digitech
My Feedback: (10)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

so april 4-6 is Ali bashing day?.

Ali have a thought about the UAV buisiness.

gouvemerment contracts , moviestudio,s.
discoverychannel etc etc
no missing parcels.
i am glad i an call you one of the best dealers friend and customer.
Old 04-05-2011, 11:49 PM
Ali

I was waiting for this Greg.
Yes true you did wait well over the initial predicted time scale for a turnkey model that I was having built for you. For that I apologised many many times. Bending over backwards to try and keep you happy and explaining that the delay was not of my doing. The simple fact was that you asked for what must have been the single most complex and time consuming builds that myself or my builders/ painters had ever taken on. All at a price which was a fraction of what you know that a team of professional, full time model builders would have charged you. I took numerous full days off, and made the 4 hour + drive to Heathrow and home in order to meet you, and try and reassure you that the model you would receive would be worth it. I waved all of my management fees for this project because I was so embarrassed by the delays (Management fees that even if charged would not have even come close to covering the time, effort and milage that I put into this model. Having spent over 4 days of my life just driving it around the UK between builders and painters.
Whilst we are on the subject and on a public forum.. lets clear up how this issue was resolved shall we? You took my offer to give you a full refund for this project. I wired back every single penny that you had paid. Which I hasten to add was not including the £4000.00 + that I had already paid for parts supplied and labour that had gone into the project by the builder alone at that stage.
So.... Lets write a novel about that shall we? How many other people/ businesses do you know of that would wire back to you nearly £15000.00 ( Fifteen thousand ) pounds. Whilst also being out of pocket a further £4000 + not mentioning the time and effort invested in the project, just to keep the customer happy because of delays in the build?
The model is now finished, and in my humble opinion is the single most impressive model of its type that I have ever seen. I will make no excuses for it being well over delivery schedule, but I wonder, did your signatures namesake refund all their customers who placed deposits on the A380 when it fell behind schedule?
I have kept this little story from a public forum, as A) I am embarrassed for the delay but certainly not of my service and B) As I like to try and keep dealings professional and between the client and myself. But seeing as you bought it up, I am happy and willing to open this up to RCU and ask the guys on here how better I could have handled this situation?
Regards Al

Old 04-05-2011, 11:57 PM
Ali

Sandor.
No worries. I am big and ugly enough to cope with this stuff, as I know in both cases I did nothing wrong, and will always try to do what I can to back up the products and service supplied by my company.
Sure. We.... I.... get it wrong from time to time. Not sure what more I could do about the K-A Situation, as I was simply not getting any of the emails. As soon as I was made aware of the situation I acted as quickly as I could ( From thousands of miles away from the store) to get it resolved for the customer. Sure. The next day from when I was aware there was a problem is not ideal, sorry for that.
The turnkey model build... Well the post above should explain that. A truly crappy situation that I am deeply embarrassed about, and that i did what i could to keep the customer happy. Alos a lessoned learned. I am now very, very selective what projects we take on for turnkey builds, and have learnt to never, ever quote a delivery date.
UAV's sounds like a great business. But I love this one. Sure it has its highs and lows.. But by far the highs outweigh the lows. I just think ahead to Pampa jets, or Jet Power or one of many meetings and events where I get to play with toy planes and have a laugh with true friends that I met and keep through this wonderful hobby that I am lucky enough to call my job!
Regards Al
Old 04-05-2011, 11:58 PM
gregairbus

Ali ,luckily for you I am not into public slanging matches.
Old 04-06-2011, 12:04 AM
Ali

Lucky indeed Greg.
Although the post 4 previous would suggest otherwise. I have no interest in getting involved in a slagging match, but at the same time I thought it was only fair that I put my side of the story across. Factual and to the point. Nothing derogatory or suggestive in what I have written I hope?
Regards Al
Old 04-06-2011, 12:09 AM
Carsten Groen

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Ali has always taken extra steps to help, no matter when I have asked him questions about "this and that" has he been extremely kind and helpful!

Even when asking questions during evening/weekends, he is always back within a heartbeat! Even if it is help with a product that he had not sold me in the first place, last example was with my Futura, he drove hours in his van to deliver the plane at Duncan's place, a plane that he didn't even sell me in the first place (and for which I didn't buy any stuff for in his shop), and the cost: 0.00 !

Now, that is service out of the ordinare in my book !
(which, of course, will bring him more sales at the end of the day, also from me!)

I'm sure the "tank story" has a natural explanation, sometimes ***** happens!

So Ali, keep up the good work, there are many of us who appreciate what you are doing, and the way you do it !
(I'm just a little jealous of the trip you are doing right now )
Old 04-06-2011, 03:46 AM
jeff sewell
My Feedback: (1)

Top class service even to me!

I don't buy that much stuff from Ali but if he's got it and I need it then I don't have any hesitation.

There will always be problems but as a better person than I once said, 'you can't please all the people all of the time'.

Jeff
Old 04-06-2011, 03:47 AM
pmerritt
My Feedback: (118)

Ali, you standing up for your company and your personal integrity shows that you are a running a company with honor and good intent. You obviously have come against one of those customers "you can never make happy". I would buy from you henceforth with no doubt or concern about my money or my purchase. For someone to turn a forum into a crying contest over a mail issue that is out of your control is pathetic. Try and get AT&T, or Samsung, or Toyota's president of the company to give you their email to resolve issues! Good on you Ali. You have proven to me that you care about your business and customers. I think 99.9% of everyone reading this thread will know those emails did NOT get through. His email must have not been associated with this transaction nor did they come through. Inoticed he didn't copy the emails here and prove he even sent them!
Keep up the good work! Your reputation is well spoken of on RCU!

ps...can you block buyers, lol?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.