Community
Search
Notices
Car Nitro & Gas Engines Discuss all aspects of Nitro and Gas rc car engines here!

PowerHouse RC Performance Race Engines

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 01:03 PM
AgentDrewski
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: PowerHouse RC Performance Race Engines

Can you do anything for the AE 8.0 engines in a stock MGT 8.0. I'm going to order a tuned pipe, I was leaning towards the ERCM end bleed.
With the added power from a tuned engine, and pipe, What other mods would I need to make in order for the truck not to break under pressure?
(e.g) transmission, and suspension.

Can you send me a link to your website?
Thanks
Old 04-04-2011, 03:24 PM
srt10
My Feedback: (20)

that would be fun to run after a mod!
Old 04-05-2011, 05:38 AM
PowerHouse RC Performance

ORIGINAL: AgentDrewski

Can you do anything for the AE 8.0 engines in a stock MGT 8.0. I'm going to order a tuned pipe, I was leaning towards the ERCM end bleed.
With the added power from a tuned engine, and pipe, What other mods would I need to make in order for the truck not to break under pressure?
(e.g) transmission, and suspension.

Can you send me a link to your website?
Thanks

I have done alot of work on the monster truck big blocks. Especially the 8.0. Not sure if you want to send the engine for some work or not as you mentioned it was tuned so not sure if that means you had it modified by someone already or if you are interested in having me do it up for you. As far as breaking under pressure, I haven't heard of too many problems with the trucks after I modified the engines in them but that is something you will have to research a little. I don't run the truck myself so I don't know of any short comings in the drivetrain if any so ask around and see what other guys are doing to their trucks with higher horsepower engines. I always thought it was a pretty beefy truck so not sure what it may or may not need to run a modified engine in it. A solid steel gear set and drive is all I would think it would need. I know the guys running revos after putting a modded .26-.28 in them had to upgrade from plastic gears to steel gears to hold things together. Not sure what else they had to do but I do know that much. Let me know if you are interested in having any work done. Thanks!!
Old 04-05-2011, 10:05 AM
srt10
My Feedback: (20)

is it possible to just send a Losi sleeve to you to mod, or do you need the whole motor?
thanks
Old 04-05-2011, 04:11 PM

ORIGINAL: srt10

is it possible to just send a Losi sleeve to you to mod, or do you need the whole motor?
thanks

Its possible but not as practical as sending in the whole engine. Depending on what pipe is being used and what timing specs are incorperated into the sleeve, the case may need to be port matched to the sleeve and if you alter timing in the sleeve, you will want to alter timing in the crank to reap full benefit so yes full engine would be prefered.
Old 04-06-2011, 12:13 PM
AgentDrewski

Ok so if I send my AE 8.0 engine to you, which in my case I would send you a brand new engine. What exactly would you do that I could not, to make the engine perform better. Meaning all I did to tune mine was make adjustments to the high and low pins, and get it running at a steady tune with a good temp . Nothing anyone ells could not do them selves. What I'm asking is, what am I paying for by having you do it. I love the power of my AE 8.0 But my plans are to add a second gas tank, and a full body roll cage, with a tuned pipe, and other aluminum suspension upgrades . So with this added weight I'm sure it won't perform as it originally did. I would like it if, my truck not only maintained performance levels but possibly increased performance. If you can do this, I would gladly buy a new engine and have you mod it for me.
Old 04-06-2011, 12:18 PM
AgentDrewski

Example is, I can go to Extreme RC Mods and buy a modded Picco .28 or something from them. It will have modded internals and performance tune that stock engine simply will not do, or can do. But they do not do work on AE 8.0 engines. From what I understand they are just modified helicopter RC engines.
Old 04-06-2011, 03:03 PM

Ok so if I send my AE 8.0 engine to you, which in my case I would send you a brand new engine. What exactly would you do that I could not, to make the engine perform better. Meaning all I did to tune mine was make adjustments to the high and low pins, and get it running at a steady tune with a good temp . Nothing anyone ells could not do them selves. What I'm asking is, what am I paying for by having you do it. I love the power of my AE 8.0 But my plans are to add a second gas tank, and a full body roll cage, with a tuned pipe, and other aluminum suspension upgrades . So with this added weight I'm sure it won't perform as it originally did. I would like it if, my truck not only maintained performance levels but possibly increased performance. If you can do this, I would gladly buy a new engine and have you mod it for me.
I don't want to insult your intelligence but have you gone to my website and checked out the descriptions of the work involved, before and after pictures etc? If not, do yourself a favor and go to www.powerhousercperformance.com and read the site and look at the pictures and descriptions of the work and that should give you a better idea of what to expect from my services. I am not a fly by night guy who charges people to twist needles that is for sure. I don't know who Extreme RC mods are but I specialize internal precision modifications that involves degreeing the engine with a degree wheel, making changes to intake and exhaust port timing on both the crank and sleeve, measuring and adjusting case volume if necessary, case port matching, silicone fills etc. If that is something you can do yourself on your kitchen table at home then more power to you. Let me know what you think after you researched it a little bit. Thanks for your interest!
Old 04-06-2011, 09:07 PM
synthetic003

glad to see that dude finally dropped his flaming on your thread.........this may have already been brought up but do you do any port n polishing on a chung yang 23cc? and i am wondering also if it would be cheaper for me to just buy a kit to go to a 29cc motor for roughly 100 to 150 dollars
Old 04-07-2011, 04:53 AM
AgentDrewski

Your site is blocked by our network content filter. That is why I did not go to your site. Every now and then I can check things at friends houses. But I don't have internet at my place. Anyways, you stated you worked on many AE 8.0 engines, what types of performance increases where you able to achieve with your modifications? Meaning, some motors give allot of head room for modifications. Equating to large performance increases. While others have little head room, and despite some modifications the performance increases are minimal. Also I'm not claiming to be very intelligent when it comes to RC motors. If i was I wouldn't be asking you to mod my engine I would just do it my self.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:58 AM
nitroholic

I have a question about my TRX 3.3 i bought an RDlogics dual exhaust,it's on my jato if that makes a difference,anyway is it posible it's not getting enough back presure? Cause it has a flat spot at high RPM'S with the stock pipe it doesn't. There's like no pipe hardley compared to the stock.Extremely loud,it sounds awesome but don't need the flat spot.It acts as if it's starving for fuel,it's not though.Only wide open is when it's gonna die unless you back off.Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xu62603.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	1590600  
Old 04-07-2011, 02:39 PM

Your site is blocked by our network content filter. That is why I did not go to your site. Every now and then I can check things at friends houses. But I don't have internet at my place. Anyways, you stated you worked on many AE 8.0 engines, what types of performance increases where you able to achieve with your modifications? Meaning, some motors give allot of head room for modifications. Equating to large performance increases. While others have little head room, and despite some modifications the performance increases are minimal. Also I'm not claiming to be very intelligent when it comes to RC motors. If i was I wouldn't be asking you to mod my engine I would just do it my self.

No sweat if you can't visit the site. The engine is very conservatively timed and has a very basic design so it leaves alot of room for improvement as you have mentioned with some engines and this is one of those engines. The engine will get pretty healthy timing advances on the intake and exhaust along with other modifications including but not limited to crank fluting, conrod knife edging, case/sleeve matching, booster and auxillary porting, transfer back porting etc. Let me know if this something you would be interested in doing. Thanks
Old 04-07-2011, 02:46 PM

ORIGINAL: nitroholic

I have a question about my TRX 3.3 i bought an RDlogics dual exhaust,it's on my jato if that makes a difference,anyway is it posible it's not getting enough back presure? Cause it has a flat spot at high RPM'S with the stock pipe it doesn't. There's like no pipe hardley compared to the stock.Extremely loud,it sounds awesome but don't need the flat spot.It acts as if it's starving for fuel,it's not though.Only wide open is when it's gonna die unless you back off.Thanks.

It sounds like you are on the right track. Without seeing it and hearing it run, my guess would also be a back pressure issue. The less backpressure you have, the richer the needles will have be to compensate for the lower tank pressure but that is to a certain extent. If you are getting little to no tank pressure, you are relying on the fuel signal in the carb throat to draw the fuel from the tank and it may get to a point where the vacuume does not match the amount of fuel the engine needs to burn and it will always have that lean bog on top. You can try putting some sort of restriction on the stinger and see if that helps but I have seen the pipe you are running and they are not a performance pipe by any means. You can try richening the top end even farther as it may need to be taken out quite a bit but like I said, it may get to a point where it just won't work properly with low or no tank pressure. Worst case, you buy a different pipe or go back to stock.
Old 04-07-2011, 03:02 PM
nitroholic

Thanks,yeah i have a felling i might wind up putting it on ebay,i'm gonna mess with it again tomarow.Thanks.
Old 04-07-2011, 07:22 PM
synthetic003

do you do any work on 23cc 2 stroke engines i have one in my baja 5b. also would it be better for me, as far as price wise, to just buy a big bore kit and change it from a 23cc to a 29cc. i understand you do work on nitros just not sure if you do the same for gas/oil mix engines
Old 04-08-2011, 06:56 AM

ORIGINAL: synthetic003

do you do any work on 23cc 2 stroke engines i have one in my baja 5b. also would it be better for me, as far as price wise, to just buy a big bore kit and change it from a 23cc to a 29cc. i understand you do work on nitros just not sure if you do the same for gas/oil mix engines

I can definitely modify the gasoline engines. I have done quite a few of the dirt oval engines. What type of fuel would you want to run? I can cut and shape the head to run anything from 87-110+ octane. The trick is the head and cylinder must be a two piece unit for me to do it. If the cylinder and head are one, I will not be able to modify the combustion chamber as I no longer have the mills and such to do that. I have a lathe and can work the chamber if it can be seperated from the cylinder. If you decide to send the engine in, I will need to see the pipe you plan on using as well so I can degree it in and figure out port heights etc. Thanks
Old 04-08-2011, 07:55 PM
synthetic003

head n cylinder are all one solid unit