Community
Search
Notices
RC Car General Discussions This forum is for all general discussions related to radio control cars. Check forums below for more specific categories if applicable.

Question about HK

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 03:35 AM
FahrtAutoRC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about HK

I made my first ever purchase from them late last week, and yesterday recieved a comfirmation saying my order had been shipped. It also said that it will take it up to 45 days to get here. Is this normal, or a worst-case delivery period? Should I be expecting my package soon or will it really be amatter of waiting 45 days for it?
Old 04-07-2011, 03:38 AM
tommygun32

Default RE: Question about HK

Sounds like it may be on a slow boat from China bro...[:@]

Sorry...had to do that.

What form of shipping did you pay for?
Old 04-07-2011, 04:49 AM
MTboy

Even if it's shipped dont mean you will get what you ordered. I ended up receiving an airplane instead of my lipos a month ago. Sent it back and am still waiting to get my money back for the lipos and the shipping return cost. I do get reply emails telling me to do this and that but never an answer to my money. I hope you have better luck with your order and will say this is the first issue I've had out of 9 orders and not sure at this point if i will ever order from them again.
Old 04-07-2011, 08:31 AM
Karontu

it depends what warehouse you bought it from, if it's the international one, depending on what you bought it has to go through customs. it can take up to 45 days but that's the maximum. usually stuff from china gets through customs fairly quick and into our mail system, once it does that it's 2-3 days more...usually. you're looking at about 3-5 weeks though
Old 04-07-2011, 08:49 AM
nitrosportsandrunner

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i have recieved the same message and gotten my items as fast as 2 weeks, and as slow as 4 weeks.
so, you never really know.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:21 AM
BuzzBomber
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FWIW, I had the same thing happen as MTboy on my first order from them. It was VERY frustrating, took over two months to sort out, but they eventually made it right, and I even got a personal apology for the the mixup from Anthony Hand (the owner). I swore them off for a long time, but started using them again, and now I'll only order from the US warehouse.

As far as the original question, you never know, could be two weeks, could be two months...
Old 04-07-2011, 10:02 AM
FahrtAutoRC

Damn. LiPos and a couple Accucell 6 chargers
Old 04-07-2011, 11:18 AM
cooldriver385

Okay so if I go and order from US warehouse it shouldn't be much of a problem?
Old 04-07-2011, 12:28 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: cooldriver385

Okay so if I go and order from US warehouse it shouldn't be much of a problem?
not really
and you get your stuff WAY faster, and cheaper shipping

I thought now if you have issues you an send it into the US warehouse and call them, or am I wrong?
Old 04-07-2011, 01:12 PM
Ttam Says Blarg

Lol! 45 days? Im pissed if its not here in 5.
Old 04-07-2011, 04:45 PM
The_Shark

GET THIS

ordered a flashlight 8 months ago, recieved battieries (no flash light) after a month, another month goes by and i contact the seller (deal extreme) they said nothing the could do, so i got a partial refund from paypal.

i JUST got the flashlight today, i thought it was long gone and forgotton.

all i can say is AVOID china at all costs, unless they are the onlyones with something, in that case just hold on and wish upon a star that you will get it before hell freezes over.
Old 04-07-2011, 05:25 PM
FahrtAutoRC

Right. We need an American company to start kicking out LiPos for around $20 lol
ORIGINAL: The_Shark

GET THIS

ordered a flashlight 8 months ago, recieved battieries (no flash light) after a month, another month goes by and i contact the seller (deal extreme) they said nothing the could do, so i got a partial refund from paypal.

all i can say is AVOID china at all costs, unless they are the onlyones with something, in that case just hold on and wish upon a star that you will get it before hell freezes over.
Old 04-07-2011, 05:36 PM
cooldriver385

ORIGINAL: HimmlerHimself

Right. We need an American company to start kicking out LiPos for around $20 lol

GET THIS

It would be awesome but with the much longer commodity chain and labor laws there's just no way an American company can do it.
Old 04-07-2011, 05:49 PM
The_Shark

GET THIS

It would be awesome but with the much longer commodity chain and labor laws there's just no way an American company can do it.
no, BUT!! they can offer the same batt here for about the same price, so at least some of the profit stays here.
Old 04-07-2011, 05:58 PM
SyCo_VeNoM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

GET THIS

no, BUT!! they can offer the same batt here for about the same price, so at least some of the profit stays here.
well in a way now that HK has US warehouses some of that cash does stay here seeing they have to employ people in the US
Old 04-08-2011, 02:04 AM
cooldriver385

GET THIS

Yes, because if they start advertising alot, that adds to the commodity chain. Bringing it to hobby shops, and selling them, adds to the price. But I'm sure they'll still be fairly cheap compared to American companies such as Venom and MaxAmps.
Old 04-18-2011, 10:17 AM
FahrtAutoRC

Have an update: my stuff just arrived today, 18 days after ordering! Cheers!
Old 04-18-2011, 03:03 PM
cooldriver385

Dang, that must've been a long 2 and a half weeks!
Old 04-18-2011, 05:50 PM
mazdaprotege4
My Feedback: (32)

It's well worth the wait for the prices!