Community
Search
Notices
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service Ask Hitec/MultiPlex Customer Service your Radio questions here.

Aurora 9Ch, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips.

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2010, 10:26 AM
A.T.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Aurora 9Ch, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips.

Aurora A9, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips.

<hr size="1" style="background-color: #a7a7a7; color: #a7a7a7" />Content has been updated and transferred to Post #103

This as RCU does not provide for Edit/Update to posts after 5 weeks

Inconvenience caused transferring to new post is regretted.

Alan Tong

Old 12-23-2010, 10:56 AM
A.T.

Default RE: Aurora 9Ch, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips.

Finless Bob's Xmas Present to all Aurora Owners = Three New Video uploaded last night to:
Aurora 9ch - Video - Helicopter Set Up - Finless Bob's Review Tips and how To - Series
quote:
1. Video Link ->Aurora 9 - Model Menus Part 4 - Pitch and Throttle Curves (146 Megs)

The gyro menu took 2 videos to cover. It can be as SIMPLE as you want or super complicated... I say KISS (Keep it simple stupid) but I spent the time to cover every aspect of understanding HOW the gyro menu works and what it means to TRUE gain to your gyro. Again if something was not clear.... Let me know!

2. Video Link ->Aurora 9 - Model Menus Part 5A - Gyro Menu basics (120 Megs)

3. Video Link ->Aurora 9 - Model Menus Part 5B - Gyro Menu advanced and tips! (99 Megs)

Aurora A9, Spectra Pro & Optima - FAQ & Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups,Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

Alan T.
Alan's Hobby, Model & RC FAQ Web Links

Old 01-30-2011, 03:36 PM
A.T.

"Content has been updated and transferred to Post #109" [link]http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_9247572/anchors_10372551/mpage_5/key_/anchor/tm.htm#10372551[/link]
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Fd92295.pdf (2.53 MB, 77 views)
Bw72481.pdf (63.1 KB, 65 views)
Old 02-07-2011, 10:41 AM
dkennedy35

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has anyone had any problems with the Castle Creations Thunderbird 54, starting up the electric motor even with the stick all the way down and sub trim set to negative max, and trim setting set to down max.

It only seems to happen after you have shut the throttle off, and you are gliding in for a landing.  The wind over the prop is enough to spin the prop, but you can tell that the motor is starting back up.  I am wondering if it is some kind of Back EMF with the motor.
Once you have landed it doesn't do it anymore.  It is not a serious issue just a nagging issue.  It is also not an every flight occurance. 

I love my Aurora and have been using it for almost a year now.  I haven't seen this issue on my old Futaba or my friends Spectrum.  However we are both having it on the Auroras we now have.

- Don

Old 02-11-2011, 11:07 PM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: dkennedy35 Has anyone had any problems with the Castle Creations Thunderbird 54, starting up the electric motor even with the stick all the way down and sub trim set to negative max, and trim setting set to down max. It only seems to happen after you have shut the throttle off, and youare gliding in for a landing. The wind over the prop is enough to spin the prop, but you can tell that the motor is starting back up. I am wondering if it is some kind of Back EMF with the motor. Once you have landed it doesn't do it anymore. It is not a seriousissue just a nagging issue. It is also not an every flight occurance.I love my Aurora and have been using it for almost a year now. I haven't seen this issue on my old Futaba or my friends Spectrum. However we are both having it on the Auroras we now have. Don
WasESCreset and re-calibratedto the new transmitter? the following may assist..
Aurora A9 - Heli EP Ensure ICE ESC/BEC has been updated Or Use Switchmode Regulator.
Aurora A9 - Heli EP Manual set ICE ESC for Throttle - Do Not auto set.
An aftermarket accessory, not a Hitecproduct, thus any queries must be referred to Castle Creations.

Alan T.
(quick search = Ctrl+F)
Old 02-12-2011, 07:54 AM
dkennedy35

Thanks, AT I will check that out.
No it was not recalibrated to the Aurora. That had not been needed on other radios, so Ihave never done that.
No big deal. Love the radio.

- Don
Old 02-24-2011, 12:17 AM
eddiemans

Have tried to set up telemetry in 100" gasser with sensor station in cowl as the temp & rpm sensor leads are short, with extension leads back to receiver, however, No Sensors Fitted displays when I try to look at whats happening. Plugged sensor station direct to receiver & no problem. Tried different extensions, etc. all to no avail.
Can someone please tell me if there are specific extension leads for either the sensors or data lead to reach approx. 18" back to the receiver or forward to the sensors.
Old 02-24-2011, 12:59 AM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: eddiemans Have tried to set up telemetry in 100" gasser with sensor station in cowl as the temp & rpm sensor leads are short, with extension leads back to receiver, however, No Sensors Fitted displays when I try to look at whats happening. Plugged sensor station direct to receiver & no problem. Tried different extensions, etc. all to no avail. Can someone please tell me if there are specific extension leads for either the sensors or data lead to reach approx. 18" back to the receiver or forward to the sensors.
Telemetry - Instruction Sheets & User Guide with pictures plus Enhancements Under Development.
".6. Extension Leads.
Optical Sensor, with DIY extension, attached Heli tail pictures x 3
. At the present time, there are no extension leads for the telemetry units.
...."The stock length of the RPM leads are supposed to be longer on the next batch but extensions are needed in many cases although this should help. Temp leads can become inaccurate (I've been told) if they get much longer but I don't know to what extent. There is an extension offered here that would work with the RPM sensors for now.- Mike"....
in case Horizon as usual blocks direct link = SPMA2001 6-inch Ultra Micro Extension "

Data cable wiring is not standard, refer pictures attached above link.

Alan T.
Old 03-01-2011, 01:54 PM
A.T.

Content has been updated and transferred to Post 112
Old 03-03-2011, 07:43 PM
romeln

Is there a way to turn of the beeping after every minute when the timer is on? Is there a way to reset the timer (not the integral timer) other than going into the timer menu and pressing reset. I have to wait for the timer to run out or I have to go into the timer menu and choose reset.
Old 03-03-2011, 08:07 PM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: romeln Is there a way to turn of the beeping after every minute when the timer is on? Is there a way to reset the timer (not the integral timer) other than going into the timer menu and pressing reset. I have to wait for the timer to run out or I have to go into the timer menu and choose reset.
At this point in time there is no way to stop the timer beeps, full details:
Aurora 9 - Timer x 3 Set and Beeps. Count Down/Up Set On/Off % of Throttle Stick Movement and reset method for V1.04<V1.07
(Ex previous post #109

Alan T.

(quick search = Ctrl+F)
Old 04-04-2011, 12:23 PM
A.T.

Aurora 9, Spectra 2.4Ghz Module& Optima Transceiver - FAQ & Undocumented Features - Mixes, Setups, Tips.
<hr size="1" style="background-color: #a7a7a7; color: #a7a7a7" />

Content has been updated and transferred to Post 117

Alan T.
Old 04-07-2011, 06:29 AM
mattingham

I have a new Aurora with Spectra Pro 72 MHz module.  My first impression is that half the manual is about using the 2.4 Ghz system.  That aside, I don't see any information about the ID setting module that came with it.  So I don't know if I'm supposed to use it or if its for the 2.4 system.
Old 04-07-2011, 12:17 PM
mstcitabria73
My Feedback: (1)

Using a Miracle Dual switch, 2- A123 2300ma batteries, Wik's IBEF on a DLE 55,Aurora 9 w/9 CH Optima.Would like info on the best way to to run the 2 batteries into theOptima9, without damaging anything, any suggestions, Thanks.

Old 04-07-2011, 01:01 PM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: mattingham I have a new Aurora with Spectra Pro 72 MHz module. My first impression is that half the manual is about using the 2.4 Ghz system. That aside, I don't see any information about the ID setting module that came with it. So I don't know if I'm supposed to use it or if its for the 2.4 system.
The Aurora manual coversthe Aurora 9 with both 2.4Ghz and the 72 Mhz modules installed.
There are also separate manuals for both modules.
My understanding is that the Aurora was only available with the 2.4GHz module in USA and that the 72MHz Spectra Pro modulewas only an optional extra at this time.
There is no mention of a "IDSetting Module" in the Spectra Pro 72MHz manual, nor have I seen one here.
72 Spectra Pro module manual, as lodged with FCC, under range test:
"Warning!
- Do the range check before each flying session to confirm the
radio system is working properly.
- Do the range check before the engine or motor is started."
amend to read
- Do the range check with the engine or motor running and cycled up <> down or add
"and repeat with Engine/Motor running which will highlight and vibration/electrical problems"

Please start a separate thread with a picture and further detail of that "IDSetting Module".
This partcular thread is intended for answers to questions posted in many various forums.
Please post further questions relating tonew topicsas a newthread at
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service ,
Thisensures new questions will stand out and be seen and readby all qualified persons.

Later, have this a.m. learnt the Aurora is now available as TX with a 72 Spectra Pro module and Freedom 9 Sythesised RX only.
The "IDSet up Module" is detailed & additional 9S pictorial manual at:
Hitec - Synthesised HSD-09RQ (Freedom 9S) Manual and set-up <dt>&
Hitec - Synthesised HSD-09RQ (Freedom 9S) Manuals, Pinouts and set-up

Alan T.

Alan T.</dt>
Old 04-07-2011, 01:34 PM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: mstcitabria73 Using a Miracle Dual switch, 2- A123 2300ma batteries, Wik's IBEF on a DLE 55,Aurora 9 w/9 CH Optima.Would like info on the best way to to run the 2 batteries into theOptima9, without damaging anything, any suggestions, Thanks.
1. Miracle Switch posts 1,4 & 8.
Miracle Switch Problems posts 12, 60 & 63
2. WRC Wike R/C Products IBEF Ignition Battery Eliminating Filter - Manual, should not present any problem set up either via a spare channel or in the manual setup.
following may also assist:
Optima Transceiver (RX) - Battery set up for Nitro/Gas models #1 - caution re NiMH & Alert re LiFE.
Optima Transceiver (RX) - Dual or Multiple Batteries may be installed for redundancy, even one for each servo.

Please post further questions relating tonew topicsas a newthread at
Hitec/MultiPlex Radios- Ask Hitec Customer Service ,
Thisensures new questions will stand out and be seen and readby all qualified persons.

Alan T.
(quick search = Ctrl+F)
Old 05-04-2011, 02:02 PM
A.T.

Aurora 9, Spectra Modules & Optima : FAQ, Undocumented Features & Mixes, Setups,Tips.

Content has been updated and transferred to Post 118

Alan T.

Old 06-08-2011, 06:26 PM
A.T.

Aurora 9, Spectra Modules & Optima : FAQ, Undocumented Features & Mixes, Setups,Tips.

<hr size="1" style="background-color: #a7a7a7; color: #a7a7a7" />Content has been updated and transferred to Post # 120

Alan T.

Old 06-14-2011, 02:43 AM
A.T.

HPP-22 Firmware Upgrade - Telemetry System Command Center
HPP-22 V1.10(0)
1. Telemetry monitoring display function and firmware update function have been separated.
- Firmware update function : Select "Update / Setting" category
- Telemetry monitoring display : Push "HTS-CC(Hitec Telemetry System Command Center)" Icon

2. New HTS-NAVI(Wireless telemetry receiver) has been added in HTS-CC.

3. SPECTRA 2.4 V3.01(0) Upgrade Information.
- Changed "Scan Mode" to less complex "Scan Function"
- Added compatibility with Hitec's non-telemetry 2.4GHz receivers
- Improved LED indicator error after Scan is done

Prompt appears when connecting HPP-22 to PC, self explanatory pictures and documents are attached.

Hitec USA Support Forum Sticky:
Aurora 9, Spectra Modules & Optima Transceivers
- FAQ & Undocumented Features
- Mixes, Setups, Tips. {Individual Links often updated}

Alan T.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Qo41214.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	37.1 KB
ID:	1623211   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gb88439.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	1623212   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ej14263.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	53.7 KB
ID:	1623213  
Attached Files
File Type: txt
Nh11700.txt (2.9 KB, 55 views)
Oz30705.pdf (804.3 KB, 74 views)
Old 07-05-2011, 08:11 PM
A.T.

Content has been updated and transferred to Post # 121

Alan T.

Old 08-07-2011, 12:10 PM
A.T.

Content has been updated and transferred to Post 122

Alan T.

Old 09-10-2011, 12:32 PM
A.T.

Aurora 9, Spectra Modules & Optima : FAQ, Undocumented Features & Mixes, Setups &Tips.

Content has been updated and transferred to Post #: 123

Alan T.
Old 10-12-2011, 11:51 AM
A.T.

Content has been updated and transferred to Post #: 126

Alan T.

Old 11-03-2011, 05:29 AM

Trying to update my A9 module and keep getting "internet is not connected" even though it is. Tried uninstalling hp-22 and reinstalling no luck.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:07 AM
A.T.

ORIGINAL: 72 Trying to update my A9 module and keep getting "internet is not connected" even though it is. Tried uninstalling hp-22 and reinstalling no luck.
The HPP-22 program was updated just a few daysago to V1.11(1).
Latest report is attached with full screenshots and details , but update must not be run before old program is uninstalled.
". Old HPP-22 V1.10 or HPP-22 V1.11(0) etc. must never be uninstalled using MS Windows own "Add or Remove program" facility,
refer attached screenshot to locate HPP-22 own uninstall feature. "

Hitec HPP-22 2.4GHz Programmer - Manual, FAQ - How to install & Use Instructions (with screenshots).
. Instruction will appear on screen regarding updates, usually automatic but if a major change,
then new program must be downloaded and installed only after old is removed as shown:
Take particular note of instructions for users with Win Vista or Win 7.

HPP-22 Firmware Upgrade - Screen shots of sequence.

HPP-22 Runtime error fix (may appear in isolated instances).

Hitec RCD - 2.4GHz Firmware & Software Updates
For optimum performance use:
HPP-22 Software Version 1.11.1 - Released October 24th, 2011
HTS-Navi Firmware Version 1.02.0 - Released October 24th, 2011
Spectra 2.4GHz Module Firmware Version 3.01 - Released April, 18th, 2011
Optima Receiver Firmware Version 2.02 – Released October 7, 2011
Aurora 9 Firmware V1.08(1) - Released10 July 2011

Alan T.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.