Community
Search
Notices
RC Radios, Transmitters, Receivers, Servos, gyros Discussion all about rc radios, transmitters, receivers, servos, etc.

jr 11x issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 05:24 PM
gnirwin
My Feedback: (25)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default jr 11x issue

I bought a new 11x late last year. I wa at the field this`week for the first time and I have noticed ALL my planes when I turn them on after turning on the TX the receivers won't quit blinking. This happened with both my planes I took to the field and when I got home all my rx are doing this. The planes are functioning, heck i had a coupke flights today before I noticed this. Whats up. Has anyone had this issue before. I even tried rebinding a plane tonight and the RX still blinks after bind with everything working properly.
Old 04-10-2011, 09:49 PM
AWorrest
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: jr 11x issue

As you bought your 11X last year, it most likely is a 11X2.4 using DSM2. Having one, I can assure you that there is no difference between it and other JR DSM2 transmitters when it comes to binding. Are you leaving the binding plug attached to your receiver after binding? That is onething I knowwhich will cause the receiver to continue the slow blink.

If you're using an ESC or BEC to power the receiver and it is plugged into the binding port, that couldcause you trouble as some of these devices also use the center connector. And it will throw your receiver into a permanent binding mode. When your receiver is properly bound, the LED should glow solid.

Allan

Old 04-11-2011, 10:24 AM
racer8297
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you turn your rx on before the tx it can also cause the lights to blink indicating a loss of signal. Likewise, if you power off you rx and power it back on without turning off and restarting the tx it will cause the rx to blink.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:52 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

Lights dont blink for loss of signal, they blink from loss of power.

Do this, turn on the transmitter, turn on the reciever, the lights come on solid. If you loose power (or turn off the receiver after you link up, or fumble deans while connecting them) then turn it back on, the lights will blink indicating you lost power.
Old 04-13-2011, 06:52 AM
baronbrian
My Feedback: (13)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: BarracudaHockey

Lights dont blink for loss of signal, they blink from loss of power.

Do this, turn on the transmitter, turn on the reciever, the lights come on solid. If you loose power (or turn off the receiver after you link up, or fumble deans while connecting them) then turn it back on, the lights will blink indicating you lost power.
Yes, as with 72MHz, I always turn on the Tx, then the Rx. After flying, always Turn off the Rx, then the Tx. Good Habit to have.
Old 04-13-2011, 02:06 PM
gnirwin
My Feedback: (25)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Barracuda you were right on. I WAS rocking the Deans plugs causing a millsecond power loss when pluging the batteries in. I had probably done this in the past but I was only flying one electric plane and I never noticed it, now I have several electrics plus the deans plugs I have bought recently are actually a cheap copy which fit very tight, you really have to push them in hard where rocking naturally accurs. I knew I had everything setup properly but this one really had me stumped.
Old 04-13-2011, 05:23 PM
fizzwater2
My Feedback: (61)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

don't feel like the lone ranger - I've had that happen many times with the deans battery plug on an electric of mine.
Old 04-14-2011, 06:34 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

Been there done that, glad you got sorted out.